• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: 2013 StarGAF Open

profit

Updated the brackets, two more games need to be played in the loser brackets before we can start our finals!

Ketch

First off, congratulations to everyone who has made it so far. You are truly the best GAF has to offer (high bar I know). I wish everyone the best of luck in your upcoming games
Go ZERG!

I know we're all in the clutches of E3 Hype, but don't forget we need to finish the loser's bracket by Friday (maybe Saturday), IF we want to play the Finals this weekend... That being said, DO we want to play the finals this weekend?

For the remaining players (EJ, Shake, Paches, Flux, Striek and Staydead) look at the bracket, look at your calendar... Please try to consider, if you make it to the finals, whether or not you'll be available this weekend, and more importantly WHEN you'll be available.

If we want to make this a big deal, with a live stream and casters and a big OT in the main gaming side forum (It's just gonna get buried under E3 threads). If that's what we want to do then we need to pick a time that is good for a world wide audience.... Any suggestions?

I'm working on a an OT for gaming side (I NEED HELP! Someone with thread making skills pls!) but I feel like it's gonna be pretty pointless in the midst of E3. The big presser are over and done and the whole events ends Friday anyway... so maybe I put up the OP on Friday, pimp it hard on Saturday, and then plan to play the finals on Sunday? It might just sink to the bottom anyway, OR it could benefit from all the page views that comes with the lingering hype.

The other alternative is to finish out the loser's bracket by this weekend, make an OT and then pimp it hard for a whole week and then have the finals the weekend after.

I don't know.... it's your guy's tournament, what do you all think? Should we try to fight the tide of E3 threads for 2 days? Or try to keep the excitement up for the finals over a whole week.

Also, an important question: Hazaro and Son1x, Do you guys want to commentate a live stream together? When are you both available to do so?

Paches

I think taking the time to finish out the brackets (except finals obviously) this weekend would be a better idea and making the finals a big event the next weekend. This will give everyone a comfortable window to get back in to the swing of things, as I can only speak for myself, I haven't been playing hardly, if at all, and probably a bit rusty.

xmShake

Neo Member
I have work until 4pm on saturday but anytime after that I'm completely free. Would definitely prefer to get everything done this weekend.

Ketch

Shake smells your weakness Paches... you've made a grave mistake.

But yea, right now I'm leaning towards sooner rather then later..... unfortunately, nobodies played any games this week! Loser's bracket is supposed to be completed by 14 June. That's only two days and we still have 4 matches to go.

You know who you're playing, do it too... make it rain GGs up in this. Gansta.

StayDead

Saturday evening BST I'm free, but Sunday I definately won't be as it's fathers day.

Streik, will you be avaliable to play tomorrow at any point BST wise?

Striek

I kind've forgot about this :x been some surprising results so far.

Assuming my timezone adjustment is right, I'll be available in the morning 8am-1pm or really late at night ie. 1am, in BST times.

StayDead

I kind've forgot about this :x been some surprising results so far.

Assuming my timezone adjustment is right, I'll be available in the morning 8am-1pm or really late at night ie. 1am, in BST times.

Hmm, would Sunday morning work for you? like, 11AM my time?

Top Bottom