• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Did How To Get Away with Murder kill the competition?

Did The Odd Couple prove to be lovable?

Was the Victoria Secret special worth it?

Why does the CW even bother with replays?

Find out the answers in Thurs Full Report!

LaMagenta

It is so bad, soooooooo so bad. Like I am questioning everybody's careers in it bad.
When I saw a commercial for it, I couldn't believe it was for a real show. I mean the title itself is ridiculous lol I hope Zachary Quinto redeems himself in the new heroes.

Slayven

When I saw a commercial for it, I couldn't believe it was for a real show. I mean the title itself is ridiculous lol I hope Zachary Quinto redeems himself in the new heroes.
He is an asshole, but he is the most (I don't want to say sympathetic, because he does
choke out his wife
) well rounded character in the show. Quinto does the best with what he got. Of the show had gone for straight satire or parody it would instantly be 10000x better.

Zaph

He is an asshole, but he is the most (I don't want to say sympathetic, because he does
choke out his wife
) well rounded character in the show. Quinto does the best with what he got. Of the show had gone for straight satire or parody it would instantly be 10000x better.

There were some lines from the narrator and Quinto's character towards the end of the second episode which really made me question if they are going for satire.

Haven't watched ep.3 yet, so it could be an anomaly. Either way, the show is so gloriously awful and self-serious, I can't help but keep watching.

Slayven

There were some lines from the narrator and Quinto's character towards the end of the second episode which really made me question if they are going for satire.

Haven't watched ep.3 yet, so it could be an anomaly. Either way, the show is so gloriously awful and self-serious, I can't help but keep watching.

3 is boring as hell. I am jsut in it until they do the hippies. The female hippy is crazy as fuck.

maxcriden

I haven't seen the third episode of The Slap yet, but I thought the second was legitimately well written, acted and directed, and much more compelling than the premiere.

I haven't seen the third episode of The Slap yet, but I thought the second was legitimately well written, acted and directed, and much more compelling than the premiere.
The pilot was just laughable to me and my wife but we have tuned in every week so far. Mainly because it's something to watch on an off day but the second episode was better. Third was, eh...

ivysaur12

Banned
Between that and Allegiance NBC should just start airing Hannibal season 3. It would get the same bad ratings, but with the added benefit of positive press from critics.

The same bad ratings for the cost of a rerun of Bet On Your Baby.

Put it this way: I've worked on some shows that have cost VERY little for the network to put on the air. Hannibal costs less. It's free money.

maxcriden

The pilot was just laughable to me and my wife but we have tuned in every week so far. Mainly because it's something to watch on an off day but the second episode was better. Third was, eh...

Ah, I'll set my expectations a bit lower then. Glad you felt similarly on the second ep. First was just...blegh.

Slayven

Put it this way: I've worked on some shows that have cost VERY little for the network to put on the air. Hannibal costs less. It's free money.

IS that why American Home Videos keeps coming back?

ivysaur12

Banned
Did How To Get Away with Murder kill the competition?

Did The Odd Couple prove to be lovable?

Was the Victoria Secret special worth it?

Why does the CW even bother with replays?

Find out the answers in Thurs Full Report!

I actually don't foresee the CW doing many repeats next season. I think they're going to copy what ABC did this season with Agent Cahtah and Galavant and do 15-16 episode seasons of their smaller shows and pack in originals.

I actually don't foresee the CW doing many repeats next season. I think they're going to copy what ABC did this season with Agent Cahtah and Galavant and do 15-16 episode seasons of their smaller shows and pack in originals.

That's what I think too, given that they've renewed basically everything they air and are still talking spin-offs.

My DVR is ready.

ivysaur12

Banned
That's what I think too, given that they've renewed basically everything they air and are still talking spin-offs.

My DVR is ready.

Yup, and The 100 renewal was only for 13 (don't know about Reign) and I could see even Hart of Dixie coming back for 10 more because fuck it why not. They make all of their money on Netflix/international deals anyway, so churning out more content isn't a terrible business model. Even Jane the Virgin is now holding its own on Mondays and is doing well, considering.

You know what high quality NBC show is cheaper than Hannibal, better written, and has a more devoted fan base?

Siberia

Slayven

Maybe I am old, but I wouldn't mind the return of the miniseries and occasional made for tv movie. Not everything should be a series.

Yup, and The 100 renewal was only for 13 (don't know about Reign) and I could see even Hart of Dixie coming back for 10 more because fuck it why not. They make all of their money on Netflix/international deals anyway, so churning out more content isn't a terrible business model. Even Jane the Virgin is now holding its own on Mondays and is doing well, considering.
There is hope for The Messengers then.

Ivy, hit me up brah if you wanna make some money. Expectin' a PM from you. We would make a great team.

Joni

It would be awesome. We have so much television nowadays and we can't keep adding television channels. Taking away replays is the best thing. It is pointless anyway now in the age of digital distribution.

There is confirmation for that 13 episode thing? Hadn't read that anywhere yet. It is kinda surprising, was hoping for another 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom