• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww. I really want to watch a mystery thriller. I'll get to True Detective and Twin Peaks though, so it's all good.

What sites are you guys checking out to be in the know for everything that goes around in the TV show business?
This thread and the pilot thread and the seasonal tv show threads.
That's all you really need.

beat

When the Wachowskis are on form, they can make some great stuff. J. Michael Straczynski will hopefully be on hand to stop things spiralling out of control, as is often the case with the Wachowskis. Even in spite of the disaster that what was Jupiter Ascending I'm still really looking forward to this.
I never watched Babylon 5 but I'm told it was good.

JMS in more recent years as a comics writer has been ... ungood, though.

American Crime is getting very good reviews. It looked good, but it was up to execution, and it seem everything worked out fine.
Also, who's going to watch Billy and Billie tonight? It's on Audience (DirectTV), is also getting good reviews and it's about how step-brother and step-sister fall in love. Starring Adam Brody and Lisa Joyce.

Birbo

Yeah, I was struggling through it as well. I kept waiting for some reveal that would explain what I was seeing on the screen.

For example:
Entire planet turns on the person who finds the body for absolutely no reason, so I figure that there will be some eventual reveal that he's on the sex offender registry, or has a history of abusing his wife, anything. Two hours later, nope, his neighbors hate him because the police are asking the guy who found the body questions.

Later on, I turn to my wife and say that the kid's got to be the guy's son, given how upset he is about it, and how much attention he seemed to be paying to the kid who lived across the street that his daughter was babysitting. While I was glad to be half right, the fact that he didn't know about it didn't help to give any additional meaning to the earlier scenes.

Missed the very beginning of this last night, but caused a big fight between me and my wife when I said
the same thing about the kid being his. Seemed so glaringly obvious to me, but the missus' brain doesn't work that way. I also thought it was weird the whole world turning on him.
Ryan Phillippe was pretty good, but Juliette Lewis was horrible.

Pachimari

Just watched the trailers and American Crime looks really good and intense. I'm not so convinced about Billy and Billie but it was only a trailer.

VanWinkle

Thanks!

Hmm, Hemlock Grove sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

And that was way less original programs than I expected. But they seem to have a dozen coming up.

Wait, I'm confused. I looked up the upcoming series on the link and I counted 34. What do you mean by a dozen?

Vert boil

Few days off, but...

Does The Following have a following?

Did The Night Shift report for duty?

How does random Big Bang Theory reruns do better than many shows on TV?

This and much more on Monday Full Ratings!

nightshift1w3uun.gif

Penguin

Was there anything inhumane about the Agents of SHIELD rating?

Even on land can they remain FRESH Off the Boat?

How is it CBS still does well even when showcasing reruns?

Are things burning up for Chicago Fire?

All of this and more on Tuesday Full Ratings!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Skateboarding in a fucking hospital. I don't care what anyone says, I refuse to believe that show isn't an intentional parody.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I haven't even watched Garfunkel and Oates. I love the duo, especially Kate, but couldn't bring myself to watch it in case it sucked. I didn't want to tarnish my view of them. Was it even any good? I imagined it being like Flight of the Conchords with a story and songs mixed in. Was it like that?

beat

I'm gonna guess it's gonna do well but have less of a L+3 bump than most shows because I would imagine that its target audience is less DVR-savvy than most other networks' audiences or even CBS's non NCIS/CSI audiences.

abundant

I haven't even watched Garfunkel and Oates. I love the duo, especially Kate, but couldn't bring myself to watch it in case it sucked. I didn't want to tarnish my view of them. Was it even any good? I imagined it being like Flight of the Conchords with a story and songs mixed in. Was it like that?

It started out rough, but as the season continued, it got better.

Sober

Is CSI: Cyber actually going to be the first show that actually is that parody of a cop show other shows and movies use as a joke about characters working on?

big ander

It was good. A little like FotC in the blend of songs and sitcom, though Kate and Riki's humor is just different from the Conchords'. some standard sitcom trappings, some more unique elements, a warm tone. It wasn't an extremely good show but I liked it.
First the Birthday Boys and now Garfunkel and Oates? Killing me here. Both were better than recent Portlandia seasons.
I've liked Portlandia a lot more this season than the last one or two, but it did hurt to lose Birthday Boys.

Sober

I want to go looking, but your avatar means that you have outstanding taste so I will trust your judgment.
There's not that many episodes so by all means, go looking. But there are some really, really, rough parts. A few good moments that actually made me laugh but I'm not sure if that's just me being overly generous.

beat

It was good. A little like FotC in the blend of songs and sitcom, though Kate and Riki's humor is just different from the Conchords'. some standard sitcom trappings, some more unique elements, a warm tone. It wasn't an extremely good show but I liked it.
I would say that Broad City is great and Garfunkel and Oates is (well, was) good.

Any word yet on Constantine or Man Seeking Woman?

Only two shows I care about that are up in the air at this point.
Man Seeking Woman just got renewed. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/man-seeking-woman-renewed-second-778817

big ander

I want to go looking, but your avatar means that you have outstanding taste so I will trust your judgment.

There's not that many episodes so by all means, go looking. But there are some really, really, rough parts. A few good moments that actually made me laugh but I'm not sure if that's just me being overly generous.
Yeah, I'd say if you're a fan of them definitely watch it. It's eight episodes. If you absolutely wanna cut down, my favorite eps were "Road Warriors" and "Hair Swap".
I would say that Broad City is great and Garfunkel and Oates is (well, was) good.

Man Seeking Woman just got renewed. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/man-seeking-woman-renewed-second-778817
Oh for sure. G&O was around a 6, 7/10. I wouldve watched to see if it got a lot better. Broad City is a goddamn 9.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom