• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
You actually think there is even remotely a chance that The Good Wife won't come back for its final season?

No, but I felt uncomfortable dealing in complete certainty, especially with CBS. I only put The McCarthys at 0 because it's basically canceled and SHIELD at 100 because I'm sure there are many in this thread that couldn't live with themselves if a shred of doubt was let, so shut up, it's safe.

Patryn

Appreciate the odds.

I like both Elementary and Person of Interest, but if it comes down to one or the other, I'd gladly drown Elementary in the nearest body of water for Person of Interest.

Interesting that you're a bit more optimistic than I am on Agent Carter. I had given up hope of it having any chance.

Palmer_v1

Based off nothing but my own conjecture and tea leaf reading:

Forever: 20/80
Sleepy Hollow: 60/40

EDIT: Here let me do every show at this point in time. If I didn't list it, it's 100% coming back:

Hart of Dixie: 50/50

Cristela: 30/70
Forever: 20/80
Resurrection: 10/90
Galavant: 40/60
SHIELD: 100/0
Agent Cahtah: 50/50
Fresh off the Boat: 90/10* (*only because it's only aired 3 weeks)

Elementary: 80/20
The Good Wife: 80/20
Stalker: 20/80
The McCarthys: 0/100
Person of Interest: 70/30
The Odd Couple: ?

Allegiance: 10/90
Constantine: 30/70
About a Boy: 40/60
Marry Me: 30/70
State of Affairs: 0/100
The Mysteries of Laura: 60/40

The Mindy Project: 90/10
Backstrom: 20/80
Sleepy Hollow: 60/40

I guess the good news for me is that, for once, I don't really care about most of the bubble shows.

I want Galavant to return because it's different.
Agent Carter because two very large reasons.
It's pulpy and fun
Sleepy Hollow, only because I hope this has simply been the sophmore slump, and a 3rd season would make it good again.

Sober

Well, like, there are many ways to choreograph a fight scene. It all just depends.
If you don't mind me asking, what revision of the script of the pilot did you read? Was it explicitly written that they would have to use wire-fu (by the writer if it's just a writer's draft) or implicitly due to how the fight is choreographed on paper (setup, actions, etc.)? Or was it a revision with notes from whoever is directing the pilot, etc. fitting those into the script for later shooting?

Based off nothing but my own conjecture and tea leaf reading:

EDIT: Here let me do every show at this point in time. If I didn't list it, it's 100% coming back:
ivysaur to renew bubble shows on all cable networks confirmed <3

ivysaur12

Banned
If you don't mind me asking, what revision of the script of the pilot did you read? Was it explicitly written that they would have to use wire-fu (by the writer if it's just a writer's draft) or implicitly due to how the fight is choreographed on paper (setup, actions, etc.)? Or was it a revision with notes from whoever is directing the pilot, etc. fitting those into the script for later shooting?

ivysaur to renew bubble shows on all cable networks confirmed <3

Wire-fu is in the mythology -- being able to fight like wire-fu, I mean. Not like, the mythology is to strap being into a harness in the show.

From page 3:

The Lead Marine falls and we witness a martial arts battle that lasts about 30 seconds of screen time but sets the tone for our entire series. Picture OLD BOY’S hammer fight mixed with INCEPTION’s gravity defying hallway battle.

The Masseuse and her three compatriots have a next level understanding of physics. And the fight choreography takes full advantage of MATRIX-inspired wire-work.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Lead Marine falls and we witness a martial arts battle that lasts about 30 seconds of screen time but sets the tone for our entire series. Picture OLD BOY’S hammer fight mixed with INCEPTION’s gravity defying hallway battle.

The Masseuse and her three compatriots have a next level understanding of physics. And the fight choreography takes full advantage of MATRIX-inspired wire-work.

Hoo boy. Now picture that on a broadcast TV budget and schedule.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In ivy's world there's a 1 in 100 chance that Mindy Kaling is available for a recurring arc in Season 2 of Allegiance. Yes please.

TheOddOne

Hoo boy. Now picture that on a broadcast TV budget and schedule.
tumblr_mhkrhu1mzK1r93xiko1_500.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

That whole wire-fu concept sounds like the sort of thing that would excite execs into signing a development deal and shooting a pilot, only to realize after the pilot or in the midst of the first and only season that it's entirely untenable. It's big, it's bold, it's impossible to adequately pull off under the circumstances.

No, but I felt uncomfortable dealing in complete certainty, especially with CBS. I only put The McCarthys at 0 because it's basically canceled and SHIELD at 100 because I'm sure there are many in this thread that couldn't live with themselves if a shred of doubt was let, so shut up, it's safe.

Is there a point at which SHIELD wouldn't be safe, or do you hold the view that it's ratings-proof because synergy? Just wondering.

maxcriden

In ivy's world there's a 1 in 100 chance that Mindy Kaling is available for a recurring arc in Season 2 of Allegiance. Yes please.

Stump pls

Allegiance is too good for stunt casting

How's nashville doing these days, quality and ratings wise.

Not sure about ratings--IIRC it's a lock for S4 b/c syndication (right ivy?)--but quality-wise it's been solid much of this year. Significantly better than large swaths of at least the back half of S2, which really meandered at times if I'm remembering correctly. It's been very enjoyable lately.

What's the chances on Backstrom? It had got an endearing quality to it for me even though it certainly not a great show or anything. Ratings seem pretty low but it's a tough time slot. It's funny because I really have never liked Bones but both this and the Finder I have found very watchable.
I adore this show. I'm going to miss it badly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really safe, I'd imagine

Looking at numbers, show does really well. And is a big post-gainer as well.

edit: oh Ivy says Forever is most likely doomed? oh well...that was another guilty pleasure, but I admit to having fallen off it and need to catch up. Oh well wont be too bothered really

What's the chances on Backstrom? It had got an endearing quality to it for me even though it certainly not a great show or anything. Ratings seem pretty low but it's a tough time slot. It's funny because I really have never liked Bones but both this and the Finder I have found very watchable.

I love it, and I love Bones, but I never watched The Finder. It's a damn shame that it's almost certainly dead.

Like I said in its thread, I would've gladly watched 100+ episodes of Backstrom.

Sober

Eh, the last episode of Backstrom was the only good episode because of the setup and the stakes. That being said, I did actually enjoy that episode.

The pilot was really, really mediocre at best, and the follow up episodes leading to this ranged from alright at certain moments to downright boring to watch. The cases aren't very entertaining or unique enough nor are the resolutions most of the time. The characters themselves are mostly good but they can't carry it all themselves there when the case of the week takes up most of the time. It doesn't really have a spark to just keep it worthwhile to watch week to week IMO.

beat

I wonder how I got into the profile for getting a promoted tweet for The Night Shift. Bet it's just cause I follow Ivy.

How is it looking for Sleepy Hollow and Forever? Forever is probably my favorite broadcast show this year. :/

Yeah, Forever's ratings are poop so it's probably toast. Don't watch Sleepy Hollow but wasn't there talk a couple months back that Fox was cleaning house or at least shaking things up to try and fix the problems with the second season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom