• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Yes but it's the best tv show of the decade and it's the only one I give a shit about getting renewed.

I'm worried it keeps getting 0.5s

Season 3 is unlikely to to be canceled. CW rarely cancels stuff. In fact, they renewed quite a few shows with lower ratings then the 100. Season 3 at the very least is a lock. Beyond that, we'll just have to see how the ratings fair next season.

what about Siberia?

please tell me Sibera's all right

Those British assholes bumped the thread and gave me a heart attack. But we can always BELIEVE

And really, if you read this thread and don't watch The 100 stop fucking reading this thread. The show is everything tv should be.

Those British assholes bumped the thread and gave me a heart attack. But we can always BELIEVE

And really, if you read this thread and don't watch The 100 stop fucking reading this thread. The show is everything tv should be.
Agreed. Clarke is everything you want in a protagonist. Like the unisex bathrooms at AMC theatres, gender doesn't even play a role.

#BLESS AMC for continuing to program on Mondays. (Turn is now on Mondays) #-1HourOnSundays

Agreed. That's nearly as good as when Starz shifted to Saturday nights for their stuff. Mondays have a fair amount of stuff I DVR but they're nothing like the Sunday night ridiculousness.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Agreed. That's nearly as good as when Starz shifted to Saturday nights for their stuff. Mondays have a fair amount of stuff I DVR but they're nothing like the Sunday night ridiculousness.

At this point, I'm happy whenever a show isn't on a Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

i cant tell what is real anymore

We're dead serious.

The 100 has the best world building of any show I can remember. The Walking Dead feels like a Flintstones cartoon the way the characters walk past the same damn trees over and over again. And when there is a change of scenery, like the farm or prison, youre stuck there for an entire season.

Ive seen 17 episodes of The 100 and the world feels larger and more alive than 4 season of TWD. Yes, theres a lot of forest scenery, but you feel like theyre actually going somewhere. Like I feel I could draw a map of the ever expanded world of The 100. You dont get that sense of real movement in TWD,

The characters have multiple dimensions. In many shows, like TWD, there are good characters and bad characters. The bad characters are bad because they exist to create problems for the good characters. Like the Governor. He's an evil cartoon, no depth at all. Yes, his daughter died, fuck off.

Not in The 100. In the pilot, you have the hero, the villain, the asshole, the hot girl etc etc....but then you quickly realize that none of them are trapped in their role. There are no good guys or bad guys, just good and bad decisions. There are no bad people that exist for the sake of being a bad person. Ok, maybe Murphy, but still.

The deaths arent dumb. People die. Lots of people die. But very few of them (except for in the pilot) die because theyre idiots.

In TWD, a character can be standing in an empty field with 100 yards clear in all directions and still get killed when a stealth zombie eats their face. Its frustrating. You hate the character, you hate the show, you hate yourself.

In The 100, when people die, it's rarely because they were idiots.

And the show plays with your expectations and throws them back at you every time.

Love triangle. Of course theres one. It's the CW! Damn you CW!

....but then the character says "aint nobody got time for this" and love tirangle is over. WHAT.

Or in a recent episode I watched, you have your classic scenario where someone is hanging off a cliff and the rope is getting lose. Jurassic Park, whatever, we've seen it 100 times. We know what happens. The rope fails and the people standing around jump to catch it and save the dude. Wow, much tension, many reliefs.

In The 100, the rope fails due to the guy not tying it right and he plunges to his death

Oh, and all the girls are hot.

Ivy, i forgot to ask, how's Bill Lawrence's Rush Hour script. Did you read it?
Yeah, yeah CBS bla bla bla, but i loved everything Bill Lawrence has done. And i love Rush Hour. Didn't rewatch it for a long time though.

Patryn

I'm really worried that the 100 hasn't been renewed for a fourth season yet

Has the CW ever given multiple season pickups?

It just seems like such a strange thing to be worried about. "I know show X is already renewed for 2015/2016, but what about 2016/2017 (even though no other show on the network including much higher rated shows have been picked up for that season yet)".

Patryn

I dont know about the CW, but something like Lost would be cool, where they got a guaranteed 6 seasons. Or Community, where we were guaranteed 6 seasons and a movie early on.

lol

Community, guaranteed six seasons? What world was that?

It was always barely picked up, and only at the last minute, and NBC did everything in its power to kill it.

Hell, the fact that it got a sixth season was a miracle, and very nearly didn't happen except that Yahoo had money to throw around.

The whole Six Seasons and Movie thing was supposed to be ironic, because everyone was sure it was going to be cancelled in like Season 2.

lol

Community, guaranteed six seasons? What world was that?

It was always barely picked up, and only at the last minute, and NBC did everything in its power to kill it.

Hell, the fact that it got a sixth season was a miracle, and very nearly didn't happen except that Yahoo had money to throw around.

The whole Six Seasons and Movie thing was supposed to be ironic, because everyone was sure it was going to be cancelled in like Season 2.

If you BELIEVE enough, magic things happen.

And if my memory is correct, it was originally a reference to The Cape, and then to Cougartown...which did in fact get 6 seasons.

Wiktor

Multiple seasons pick up is a pure marketing stunt. It won't stop network from canceling the show if the numbers don't make sense.

save_farscape_banner.jpg

#NeverForget

maxcriden

i cant tell what is real anymore

I'm as big a CW fan as you'll meet (JTV, Flash, TVD/TO are among my faves currently on air and I miss The LA Complex and Carrie Diaries a ton), but I really could not get into The 100. Just did not care for any of the characters at all. To be fair I only gave it a few eps though, and I'm feeling burned out on post-apocalyptic teen stories. (Maze Runner was pretty meh to me for this reason and I think we turned off Divergent only 20 mins or so in...was that worth going back to?)

Fladam

That's pretty disappointing, especially after the huge lead in (it premiered to better numbers in the summer with a worse lead in). Sorry vert boil and your weird ass taste.

Yikes. The Voice is down from Spring also, but that return is rough.

P&R finale guesses? I'd be shocked if it did a 2.0, but it certainly could beat those Night Shift numbers.

maxcriden

I think it's getting better. I really liked last night's episode.

Haven't seen it yet. They kinda lost me with the last few before that. Just not feeling it. If it gets a ton better I'll consider checking it out again, but with limited free time I just am sticking to stuff I'm really into these days. Dropped Elementary earlier this season for the same reason. Thinking of dropping B99, too.

Haven't seen it yet. They kinda lost me with the last few before that. Just not feeling it. If it gets a ton better I'll consider checking it out again, but with limited free time I just am sticking to stuff I'm really into these days. Dropped Elementary earlier this season for the same reason. Thinking of dropping B99, too.
That's certainly fine. It's not like tv shows dissappear. Take your time.a
BTW, what didn't you like about it?

anaron

I think fotb is getting better each week. it's surprisingly very sweet while being funny, unlke Parks and Rec's later season's nauseating way

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can already see the threat title puns when Forever is canceled :p

Penguin

On the other hand, it's their first successful Tuesday comedy in forever...

I was thinking how they'd play around with their comedies this fall.

I wonder if would move Black-ish

Maybe do it at 8, keep MF at 9. Try to launch a new series at 8:30 or 9:30 and move either The Goldbergs or the Middle to Tues w/ Fresh off the Boat

maxcriden

That's certainly fine. It's not like tv shows dissappear. Take your time.a
BTW, what didn't you like about it?

It just felt kinda schtick-y to me and the characters came off as one-note. Seemed like they were recycling jokes already. :-/

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade who's enjoying it, though. Just wasn't feelin' it.

Penguin

Nah, at this point I think it's that it's getting so much attention now because it's growing that it's like a snowball going down a mountain. People are tuning in because people are tuning in causing more people to tune in.

And because it just creates those water cooler moments.

On social media

At work

Imagine in all areas.

A show that seems to resonate with multiple generations as well.

Okay.. it's Cookie, it's all Cookie!

Slayven

Nah, at this point I think it's that it's getting so much attention now because it's growing that it's like a snowball going down a mountain. People are tuning in because people are tuning in causing more people to tune in.

And because it just creates those water cooler moments.

On social media

At work

Imagine in all areas.

A show that seems to resonate with multiple generations as well.

Okay.. it's Cookie, it's all Cookie!

yep, you can walk into work and yell "Y'all see what Cookie did last night" and shit will shut down. Plus the show can show the full 59 minutes of an episode in a commercial and still have something in that last minute that will make you say "Goddamn".

yep, you can walk into work and yell "Y'all see what Cookie did last night" and shit will shut down. Plus the show can show the full 59 minutes of an episode in a commercial and still have something in that last minute that will make you say "Goddamn".

Ive yet to meet anyone who has watched the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom