• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Not really surprising, but How To Get Away With Murder has been confirmed for a second season. Still the first ABC renewal of the season.

ivysaur12

Banned
It would be awesome. We have so much television nowadays and we can't keep adding television channels. Taking away replays is the best thing. It is pointless anyway now in the age of digital distribution.

There is confirmation for that 13 episode thing? Hadn't read that anywhere yet. It is kinda surprising, was hoping for another 16.

I have friends on The 100. For now it's 13.

Pachimari

I still don't understand this ratings thing. What is the maximum rating? Is it like scoring a game?

Or does 1.9 mean 1.9 million viewers?

maxcriden

Godamn at your last man guess.
Nah, LMOE won't sink that far From its lead in.
LMOE - 1.9
BC - 1.4
S&L - 1.6

8:30 FOX Brooklyn Nine-Nine 0.9/2 2.14

B99's last ep was a series low 0.9.

I just feel like LMOE (somehow I typed LMAO at first!) might be one of those premises that doesn't grab a lot of viewers.

BC and S&L aren't holding much appeal for me so that's probably skewing things for me. I just dunno if viewers are eager for heavy Sunday programming on networks. I guess I'm not a big Juliette Lewis fan either.

I'm also kinda lukewarm on American Crime. Curious to see what it's numbers are like. Kind of seems like Crash: the TV show (which I suppose already existed over on...Starz, was it?)

I am interested in trying out LMOE, though. Also interested in Kimmy Schmidt and (especially) Bloodline and iZombie this month.

8:30 FOX Brooklyn Nine-Nine 0.9/2 2.14

B99's last ep was a series low 0.9.

I just feel like LMOE (somehow I typed LMAO at first!) might be one of those premises that doesn't grab a lot of viewers.

BC and S&L aren't holding much appeal for me so that's probably skewing things for me. I just dunno if viewers are eager for heavy Sunday programming on networks. I guess I'm not a big Juliette Lewis fan either.

I'm also kinda lukewarm on American Crime. Curious to see what it's numbers are like. Kind of seems like Crash: the TV show (which I suppose already existed over on...Starz, was it?)

I am interested in trying out LMOE, though. Also interested in Kimmy Schmidt and (especially) Bloodline and iZombie this month.
Oh, I hadn't been paying attention. I thought ratings had held up.
You're right.

That's also an anomaly, considering they programmed originals against The Oscars. Nothing Fox programmed that night did well. They probably just should've gone into repeats.
You mean the SNL special. Last week wasn't new.
Even so, going back a week further, it was a 1.2 against the Grammys and against regular programming the week before.

ivysaur12

Banned
You mean the SNL special. Last week wasn't new.
Even so, going back a week further, it was a 1.2 against the Grammys and against regular programming the week before.

You're right, the SNL special. And it did a 1.5, 3.0, and 1.5 the weeks beforehand. To use the 0.9 as an example seems silly.

maxcriden

That's also an anomaly, considering they programmed originals against The Oscars. Nothing Fox programmed that night did well. They probably just should've gone into repeats.

Ah, good point. My mistake. Looking back, I'm surprised there was new programming.

Regardless, I don't expect LMOE to be a smash hit, nor S&L. I could be totally off base, of course. :)

Zizbuka

Banned
Anyone else sit through Secrets & Lies? It was one of those shows I had to keep reminding myself to turn off my reality filter. Unfortunately, if we (wife likes to watch something together Sunday nights) keep watching, no doubt it'll be canceled before we find out if he did it.

I'd give it a C.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a list of what has been renewed or canceled so far?

Penguin

Modest debut for #BattleCreek: 7.8M viewers (more than anything on ABC/NBC/Fox) and a 1.6 A25-54. A18-49: 1.0 (but held 90% of TGW demo-1.1)

Battle Creek

Related to the above discussion of Brooklyn 9-9

Oh, hey: #brooklyn99 averaged a 1.8 A18-49 and held on to 100% of its A18-49 lead-in from #TheSimpsons.

maxcriden

S&L 1.9
LMOE 0.7
BC 1.1

S&L 1.5
LMOE 2.3
BC 1.0

Very surprised how off I was with LMOE. Looking forward to checking it out tonight. Comedies are doing better than I anticipated this season.

I also thought S&L and BC would do a bit better. I think S&L might be a miniseries so it's probably safe; no idea how BC will fare for a second season.

That's awesome.
I've never been happier to see myself and Maxcriden wrong. :p

I hope that means the show's good! I'll check it out tonight. :)

berzeli

Banned
This was better then Salem and they renewed that...oh well.

Salem doesn't air on BBC America, it airs on WGN. And BBCA have been fairly generous when it comes to renewals of their originals, Intruders underperformed both critically and commercially.

ivysaur12

Banned
B_Hh6_lUoAESpYw.jpg:large

lol Sense8. Ugh why is it a thing.

lol fuck no

Netflix has cut a three-way deal for original survivalist thriller series “Between,” under which the streaming service will premiere it alongside its debut on Canadian TV and subscription VOD.

The first season of “Between,” with six hour-long episodes, will premiere on Rogers Broadcasting’s City stations and Canadian SVOD service Shomi as well as on Netflix outside of Canada where the service is available. Then, one year after the initial premiere, “Between” will come to Netflix Canada. Additional broadcast details will be announced at a later date.

The series is created by writer/director Michael McGowan (“Still Mine,” “One Week,” “Saint Ralph”) and stars Jennette McCurdy (Nickelodeon’s “iCarly” and “Sam & Cat”). In “Between,” a town is under siege from a mysterious disease that has killed everybody — except for those 21 years old and younger.

Ahhhh that's the same log line as a staffing sample I had for CW/MTV shows. Going to go put a bullet in my brain kthnxbye.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cautiously intrigued by Sense8. Totally down for Wet Hot American Summer. Interested in Narcos.

lol Sense8. Ugh why is it a thing.

When the Wachowskis are on form, they can make some great stuff. J. Michael Straczynski will hopefully be on hand to stop things spiralling out of control, as is often the case with the Wachowskis. Even in spite of the disaster that what was Jupiter Ascending I'm still really looking forward to this.

Exciting few months ahead for Netflix anyway.

ivysaur12

Banned
When the Wachowskis are on form, they can make some great stuff. J. Michael Straczynski will hopefully be on hand to stop things spiralling out of control, as is often the case with the Wachowskis. Even in spite of the disaster that what was Jupiter Ascending I'm still really looking forward to this.

Exciting few months ahead for Netflix anyway.

I thought the pilot script was HOT GARBAGE.

Then again, their self-fellating prose might not translate on screen. So you'll all be spared from that.

Vlad

Anyone else sit through Secrets & Lies? It was one of those shows I had to keep reminding myself to turn off my reality filter. Unfortunately, if we (wife likes to watch something together Sunday nights) keep watching, no doubt it'll be canceled before we find out if he did it.

I'd give it a C.

Yeah, I was struggling through it as well. I kept waiting for some reveal that would explain what I was seeing on the screen.

For example:
Entire planet turns on the person who finds the body for absolutely no reason, so I figure that there will be some eventual reveal that he's on the sex offender registry, or has a history of abusing his wife, anything. Two hours later, nope, his neighbors hate him because the police are asking the guy who found the body questions.

Later on, I turn to my wife and say that the kid's got to be the guy's son, given how upset he is about it, and how much attention he seemed to be paying to the kid who lived across the street that his daughter was babysitting. While I was glad to be half right, the fact that he didn't know about it didn't help to give any additional meaning to the earlier scenes.

Pachimari

What shows have Netflix made so far? Didn't they start with House of Cards and went on with Orange Is the New Black.

They have since made Marco Polo and the upcoming Marvel series.

I have missed a lot of Netflix's shows haven't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom