• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

I was under the impression CSI Cyber was a radical shift for the CSI franchise, being the first series under the banner to be a mockumentary comedy

Come get yourself some of the Cookie

https://twitter.com/TVMoJoe/status/573513729716826113

Good start for CSI Cyber

#TeamAndre

gxSHCJ4.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
at its current ratings average, empire would be the top-rated drama on television going back at least 6 or 7 years, probably a little more.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Including The Walking Dead?

Typically cable and broadcast are reported separately and I can't speak to differences in why enough to know if that's reasonable or not (ISTR there are material differences in repeat broadcast structures that make comparison not ideal, but maybe I'm misremembering), but I think TWD's most recent few seasons would beat it presuming an apples-to-apples comparison is possible.

Pachimari

Is the original CSI, Miami and LA worth getting into? I know my father and a friend are crazy about them but I'm afraid maybe they are like "a case a week". But does it hold up?

Patryn

Is the original CSI, Miami and LA worth getting into? I know my father and a friend are crazy about them but I'm afraid maybe they are like "a case a week". But does it hold up?

First of all, it's original CSI, Miami and New York.

Secondly, they ARE case of the week.

Thirdly, the only thing that's really decent are the first 3 or so seasons of original CSI. However, you have to understand that at its best it was still just a very well-done procedural.

Miami is probably my favorite out of the 3.
Mainly because of the location and the cast.
It's a procedural, yes but I thought it was a fun watch.

Rekwest

New York is probably my favorite out of the 3.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
New York was cool when each show had a different colour associated with them. CSI was green, Miami was red, and NY was blue and with the first couple of seasons, NY was filmed with an emphasis on blue on everything. It gave the show a neat look.

But other than that, it's not really any more remarkable than any other show as a procedural. Although, I will say, it was kind of strange when they decided to do an all Green Day episode where half the episode had no dialog. It was almost like a strange art project that someone managed to put on network TV.

Pluto

Miami is probably my favorite out of the 3.
Miami was the worst, I hated every single character.

Original CSI was the best, the first few seasons were entertaining and I liked the cast a lot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The first, like, two seasons of CSI are actually fine. Grisham was a good character.

It's hard to go back to CSI; a lot of the groundbreaking and interesting stuff about it is sort of passé now. But honestly I think it was pretty much the benchmark for procedural television for pretty much its first 4 or 5 seasons. Good tension at times, confident performances, interesting cases of the week, nice dark visual tone all around. I'm not sure I'd go back to watch it now, but at the time, good stuff.

I feel the same way about JAG.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But... all CSI's with the exception of a couple of exterior shots here and there filmed entirely in Southern California...

This is true. It always amazed me how Miami was shot entirely in the evening. That must've been expensive to get like... 1 hour of film per day?

Sandfox

Empire might just get a rise every episode for the entire season. Next week has big name guest stars and the season finale should be huge.

Penguin

Is getting away with murder an American Crime?

Does The Odd Couple prove to be an Odd winner?

Really I just imagine people don't know if Big Bang episodes or new or repeats, not a question...

Will anyone plead Allegiance to this show?

All this and more on Thursdays Full numbers!

Zoe

So was Lucius Malfoy's show any good? I was watching USA almost the whole day and then completely forgot about it.

spookyfish

The original with Will Peterson is awesome.

Miami is good, but only because I thought of it as the comic-book version of CSI.

New York may be good, but I never watched it. (I like Gary Sinise, though.)

Samuray

There's a rumor on SpoilerTV that "Person of Interest" has been picked up for a fifth season, but the source (someone was told by a crew member during a set visit) seems kinda shady to me.

Ivy, have you heard anything? Or anyone else, for that matter?
Would be an ace move on CBS' part.....love that show :)

maxcriden

Allegiance cancelled? Noooo :(

What's going into the 8 pm timeslot?

How many allegiance eps were filmed? Hoping for a burn off airing.

Still want to see the the remaining episodes of mind games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom