• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
Yikes, Battle Creek pulled a 0.8 on CBS on Sunday night? That sort of rating is putting the show dangerously close to getting pulled.

Glad to see Last Man Of Night still doing solid numbers for FOX.

Yikes, Battle Creek pulled a 0.8 on CBS on Sunday night? That sort of rating is putting the show dangerously close to getting pulled.

Terrible timeslot. They should have called it CSI: Battle Creek and it might have had a chance (on another night). The Good Wife as a lead-in doesn't help, I'm sure. It's never been a ratings success, right?

Patryn

Battle Creek honestly never felt like a good fit for CBS. It always struck me as more of a Fox show.

Fladam

Battle Creek was horribly scheduled after Good Wife, which has long skewed much older.

I think CBS is in for a world of hurt in the next few years as their franchises, business practices and audience continues to age.

styl3s

It's not a great or amazing show but as far as procedural cop shows go i enjoy it but like all things i enjoy they get cancelled.

Syfy is not moving forward with Ascension.
Doesn't surprise me one bit.

I love the premise of the show and maybe if it had better writers and actors it might of went somewhere but i am kind of bummed i won't get to find out what happens.

Pachimari

I thought The Returned would end up good?
Gotta watch the original french series.

How is Constantine doing now? Will it get the whole season aired?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Battle Creek is beyond awful IMO. It needs to go. I mean with all the fanfare behind the talent and the best reviews people can give it are "it's average" you know it's bad.

styl3s

Oh really? So it's finished wow.
How were the final ratings and did its chances of a renewal rise?
I don't really keep up with all the behind the scenes stuff but i remember reading about them having to pitch season 2 to the network and/or moving it to syfy. I hope it gets renewed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Haha
This is the first I heard of it, a curious theory, but can see the merit.

Link to it?

Look at the first few lines of TVBTN's recent ratings posts:
Sunday: Note: On the first Sunday of Daylight Saving Time, overall primetime Adult 18-49 TV usage levels declined -7% week to week, with much steeper drops in the 7pm hour (-14%) and 8pm hour (-10%)

Last night: Note: From 8-9PM, HUT levels were down -5% in A18-49 from last week (29.7 from 31.1)

Penguin

Look at the first few lines of TVBTN's recent ratings posts:

But both of those points to the earlier hour 7-9... Agents of SHIELD would be at 9... and outside that minor window.

But interesting to know all the same

I can't imagine AoS not having episodes tie-in to Avengers 2. Regardless of how they are doing now, their numbers are likely to be very high come late April and early May.

I wouldn't count on it.. we shall see
But so far a tie-in to Thor and Captain America: The Winter soldier didn't help the show's ratings in the first season.
If anything would probably be the opposite since not EVERYONE sees the movies opening weekend.

big ander

I'm one of six people who watched every episode of Mulaney. Every time it showed just a sliver of a chance that it could've been something to improve with time, it would load on awfulness. The finale has characters meeting each other for the first time, which is half a result of the episodes airing out of order and half the idiotic mistake of not using the ensemble well at all and rarely putting them together. And the final joke in the entire series is a weird gay panicky rape joke! Proper capper to a dumpster fire of a show that I so badly wanted to be great.

Zalasta

Explain how this is possible.

A little late on the reply, but I did not like any of the characters on The Americans (in fact, I found them pretty despicable), and they are not a believable family at all. This is not a judgement on the quality of the show, simply their choice in the characters and how they are presented failed to resonate with me.

I'm one of six people who watched every episode of Mulaney. Every time it showed just a sliver of a chance that it could've been something to improve with time, it would load on awfulness. The finale has characters meeting each other for the first time, which is half a result of the episodes airing out of order and half the idiotic mistake of not using the ensemble well at all and rarely putting them together. And the final joke in the entire series is a weird gay panicky rape joke! Proper capper to a dumpster fire of a show that I so badly wanted to be great.

Has there ever been a show that aired out of order that wasn't swiftly cancelled?

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom