• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That 0.8 Backstrom gets every week kills me. It's basically the perfect procedural. It should have had a Bones length run.

Not enough sexual tension between the leads.

I assume, I haven't watched, but that certainly seems like a driving force for the likes of Bones, Castle, etc.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Not enough sexual tension between the leads.

I assume, I haven't watched, but that certainly seems like a driving force for the likes of Bones, Castle, etc.

It's not even that. Every character was a broadly written caricature and pretty much everybody was totally unlikable.

My parents have dinner with Rainn Wilson's dad every now and then and the last time was just after the premier of Backstrom. According to my parents even he didn't like it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fox:

Mentioned:

Minority Report
Grinder
Untitled John Stamos
48 Hours ‘Til Monday
Rosewood/Autopsy
Studio City
Lucifer
Frankenstein

ABC:

Mentioned:

The Catch
Of Kings and Prophets
Untitled Jenna Bans
Broad Squad
Runner
The Advocate
Boom
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff
Untitled John Ridley
Chev & Bev
Untitled NBA
Uncle Buck
Family Fortune
Untitled Delores & Jermaine
The 46 Percenters
The Real O’Neals
The Muppets

NBC:

Mentioned:

Superstore
How We Live
Untitled Suzanne Martin
People Are Talking
Endgame
Blindspot
Warrior
Chicago Med
Heart Matters
Love Is a Four Letter Word
Game of Silence

CBS:

Mentioned:

LFE
Code Black
Doubt
Untitled Criminal Minds Spinoff
Sneaky Pete
Limitless
Supergirl
Rush Hour
Life In Pieces
Super Clyde

The CW:

Mentioned:

Untitled Arrow-Flash Spinoff
Cheerleader Death Squad
Cordon

Deadline's Primetime Pilot Panic! Vol. 2

Fox:

Hot:

Minority Report
Studio City
Rosewood/Autopsy
Frankenstein
Grinder
Untitled John Stamos
Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life

Cold:

48 Hours ‘Til Monday
Fantasy Life

ABC:

EVERYTHING IS HOT:

Untitled Jenna Bans
The Catch
Runner
Kings and Prophets
Broad Squad
The Advocate
Quantico
Boom
LA Crime
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff
Untitled John Ridley
Untitled NBA
Chev & Bev
The Muppets
Delores & Jermaine
Uncle Buck
Dr. Ken
46 Percenters
Family Fortune
The Real O’Neals

NBC:

Hot:

Chicago Med
Endgame
Blindspot
Warrior
Game of Silence
The Curse of the Fuentes Women
Love Is a Four Letter Word
Heart Matters
Superstore
Strange Calls
How We Live
Cuckoo
Untitled Suzanne Martin
People Are Talking

Cold:

Problem Child

CBS:

Hot:

Limitless
Untitled Criminal Minds Spinoff
Code Black
LFE
Doubt
For Justice
Supergirl
Life In Pieces
Super Clyde
Untitled Tad Quill project #1
Untitled Tad Quill project #2
Untitled Tommy Johnagin

Cold:

Sneaky Pete
Rush Hour

The CW:

Hot:

Untitled Arrow-Flash Spinoff
Cordon
Cheerleader Death Squad
Tales from the Dark Side

I was bored.

ivysaur12

Banned
EVERYTHING IS HOT:

tumblr_m53cslGxCy1ro1p8c.gif

The second I started watching Sirens and loved it I knew it wasn't long for the world being on USA. Then I had some hope that whatever keeps most firefighter/EMT/police shows alive forever would rub off on it.

Brian and Billy becoming best friends was going to be so much fun :(

danielcw

How could ABC handle all those shows?
I didn't take acloser look at how many hours they are, but it looks like they could fill a whole second schedule with them.

Anyone else watch the first ep of Wayward Pines? I really enjoyed it. Hopefully it doesn't fall away to shit, only 10 episodes so they should be able to pace it out fine.

Joni

After the latest episode of Greg's Anatomy its pretty safe to call it canceled at this point.
After the highest rating since the premiere. After cancelling what is essentially the 'ABC death slot'? Grey's Anatomy is the first show since Ugly Betty in 2008-2009 to survive a season in that slot and even that was then moved to Friday. It is their first show to survive in the slot despite The Big Bang Theory. That episode was more confirmation that ABC is planning to renew.

How could ABC handle all those shows?
I didn't take acloser look at how many hours they are, but it looks like they could fill a whole second schedule with them.
It is people in the business overestimating their chances. It has two spin-offs of a middle-rating show as hot. The Catch is about the only thing on that list for ABC where you can say 100% it will be on the schedule. I'm also thinking they'll start putting in less breaks, doing more mid-season stuff. Pair up something with How To Get Away With Murder as that only runs 16 episodes.

After the highest rating since the premiere. After cancelling what is essentially the 'ABC death slot'? Grey's Anatomy is the first show since Ugly Betty in 2008-2009 to survive a season in that slot and even that was then moved to Friday. It is their first show to survive in the slot despite The Big Bang Theory. That episode was more confirmation that ABC is planning to renew.
Lol people watched to see what was going on with one of the biggest characters on the show.
After what happened nobody is going to continue watching that shit, said character was the reason at least 50% of the female viewers watched the show.

It not just the but it also shows the creator has no clue what she is doing and that kinda drama is the only thing she knows how to do.

Joni

Lol people watched to see what was going on with one of the biggest characters on the show. After what happened nobody is going to continue watching that shit, said character was the reason at least 50% of the female viewers watched the show.
Dempsey has been away for months. Ratings have remained excellent. It is a high scoring show in a death slot that they can sell worldwide. Cancelling Grey's Anatomy is essentially saying you want to get fired.

It not just the but it also shows the creator has no clue what she is doing and that kinda drama is the only thing she knows how to do.
Yes, she is bad because she can't convince a guy that wants to race non-stop to stay.

Lol people watched to see what was going on with one of the biggest characters on the show.
After what happened nobody is going to continue watching that shit, said character was the reason at least 50% of the female viewers watched the show.

It's funny because my wife still loves this show.. Where are you getting "no one" and "nobody" is going to watch? Not quite sure you're "in touch" lol.

danielcw

I'm also thinking they'll start putting in less breaks, doing more mid-season stuff. Pair up something with How To Get Away With Murder as that only runs 16 episodes.
I wonder if the people in charge of ABC consider bridge series like Agent Carter or Galavant a success. I guess Galavant was a failure no matter what.
But did Agent Carter peroform that much better than repeats and a Marvel special would have in that timeslot to offset the cost? And as a sideffect did Agent Carter filling the timeslot help SHIELD and other tuesday shows?

After the latest episode of Greg's Anatomy its pretty safe to call it canceled at this point.

Are you willing to bet on that?
It is among ABC highest rated shows, you know, even without a McDreamy bump.

danielcw

DON'T YOU DARE INSINUATE THAT GALAVANT WAS A FAILURE

Hey, I love the show, and I am mad, that the soundtrack CD does not inlcude all songs.
(Why don't they just release all songs after their episode?)

But ratings wise it turned from surprise hit to among ABC's lowest rated, if I remember correctly.
Also it was burned off in packs of 2 episodes, and even aired against the Golden Globes.

Hey, I love the show, and I am mad, that the soundtrack CD does not inlcude all songs.
(Why don't they just release all songs after their episode?)

But ratings wise it turned from surprise hit to among ABC's lowest rated, if I remember correctly.
Also it was burned off in packs of 2 episodes, and even aired against the Golden Globes.
I couldn't get through the pilot

ivysaur12

Banned
Secrets & Lies hit a series high last night. Sometimes you think you're going to know if a show will do well or not. And sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom