• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykoboy2

And there she is:

blindspot.jpg

I keep a .txt file of all the TV shows I'm following at the moment, and I'm not even sure it's comprehensive. lol.

Tier 1: I would sacrifice my first-born child to see these continued
---
Rectify
Hannibal
The Knick
Louie (ignoring that I fell behind a season or two)
Jane the Virgin
The 100
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Rick and Morty
Last Week Tonight

Tier 2: Enjoy, not planning on dropping anytime soon
---
Outlander
Orange is the New Black
Orphan Black (this is about to be bumped down a tier)
Steven Universe
Drunk History
The Fall
The Good Wife (doing it's best to get bumped down as well wtf)
Gravity Falls
Inside Amy Schumer

Tier 3: Will maybe catch up at some point but good lord this list is already too long
---
The Walking Dead?
Teen Wolf
iZombie
Vikings
Banshee
Masters of Sex
How to Get Away with Murder
Person of Interest
Lost Girl (...judge me, I am trash)

DroppedT
---
Scandal
American Horror Story
The Walking Dead?
The Vampire Diaries
your favorite show
I don't see any ABC Family programming. This list is a lie!

Is agent Carter done? There was an embarrassing handwritten sign on the poster near Hayley Atwell signing autographs at C2E2 (for $60 bones!) that said the show hadn't been renewed yet but that things were looking good thanks to fan support.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Deadline's Primetime Pilot Panic! Vol. 1

Deadline's Primetime Pilot Panic! Vol. 2

I was bored.

Deadline's Primetime Pilot Panic! Vol. 3

In contention at NBC:

The Player
Warrior
Game of Silence
The Curse of the Fuentes Women
Love Is a Four Letter Word
Superstore
Untitled Suzanne Martin
Strange Calls
People Are Talking
Problem Child
How We Live
Cuckoo

In contention at Fox:

Minority Report
Rosewood
Studio City
Frankenstein
Grinder
Grandpa (fka Untitled John Stamos)
Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life

In contention at CBS:

Limitless
Supergirl
Rush Hour
Code Black
LFE
Sneaky Pete
Doubt
For Justice
Untitled Criminal Minds Spinoff
Life In Pieces
Angel From Hell
The Half of It
Super Clyde
Untitled Dan O’Shannon

In contention at ABC:

Untitled Jenna Bans
The Catch
Runner
Boom
The Advocate
Mix
Broad Squad
Quantico
LA Crime
Kings and Prophets
The Muppets
Delores & Jermaine
NBA
Chev & Bev
Uncle Buck
Dr. Ken
46 Percenters
The Real O’Neals
The King of 7B

In contention at The CW:

Cordon
Tales From the Darkside
Arrow-Flash spinoff

still bored

danielcw

I'm confident because history is on my side - Fox always cancels everything.

On average, not counting the animated shows or reality, Fox' shows are in season 2.3.
If one would include the animated shows, the average would be 4.5.
(hope I did not miscount anything)

That's why I haven't watched anything on the channel since Firefly.
Unpopular opinion, but I think Fox treated Firefly well, at least initially.

I know that Constantine is almost certainly canceled but when will we have full confirmation of this?
You should know for sure by May 11th.
Also, i want to watch The Originals, my question is should i watch The Vampire Diaries before it? I watched 2 seasons of TVD and i liked it, but just stopped, when season 3 started, because first episode was pretty meh.
Can i just watch The Originals? Or it will be better to catch up to TVD and then watch The Originals? I will catch up eventually but there are 4 full seasons.

Joni

Also, i want to watch The Originals, my question is should i watch The Vampire Diaries before it? I watched 2 seasons of TVD and i liked it, but just stopped, when season 3 started, because first episode was pretty meh.
Can i just watch The Originals? Or it will be better to catch up to TVD and then watch The Originals? I will catch up eventually but there are 4 full seasons.
You need to catch up the third and fourth season, which ends with the backdoor pilot for The Originals. They have limited cross-overs afterwards so you don't need to catch up with season 5 and 6. Don't watch the backdoor pilot itself, the first episode of The Originals repeats it.

You need to catch up the third and fourth season, which ends with the backdoor pilot for The Originals. They have limited cross-overs afterwards so you don't need to catch up with season 5 and 6. Don't watch the backdoor pilot itself, the first episode of The Originals repeats it.
Then why do i have to catch up, if i won't watch the backdoor pilot and the first episode repeats it? Is backdoor pilot and first episode exactly the same or not?
It would be easier just to catch up to TVD. I was meaning to, but The Originals just looks more interesting. But then again, there is no such thing as "too much Caroline".
Another question, if i watch TVD to the end of season 6, and then The Originals seasons 1 and 2, will i spoil something?

Joni

Then why do i have to catch up, if i won't watch the backdoor pilot and the first episode repeats it? Is backdoor pilot and first episode exactly the same or not?
The backdoor pilot and the first episode are the same, but they just introduce you on their move to New Orleans. The main characters for the spin-off are regulars on The Vampire Diaries season 3 and 4.

It would be easier just to catch up to TVD. I was meaning to, but The Originals just looks more interesting. But then again, there is no such thing as "too much Caroline".
There is indeed no such thing as too much Caroline, it is one of the reasons I still watch it.

Another question, if i watch TVD to the end of season 6, and then The Originals seasons 1 and 2, will i spoil something?
No. They stand on their own quite well. There is a couple of mini-crossovers with one character appearing on the other show but they have no real impact there.

The backdoor pilot and the first episode are the same, but they just introduce you on their move to New Orleans. The main characters for the spin-off are regulars on The Vampire Diaries season 3 and 4.

There is indeed no such thing as too much Caroline, it is one of the reasons I still watch it.

No. They stand on their own quite well. There is a couple of mini-crossovers with one character appearing on the other show but they have no real impact there.
Thanks :). I think i'll watch TVD and then The Originals over the summer.

Bluth54

My shows are:
The 100 (real surprise, watched zero shows on the CW before this...)
iZombie (...and now I watch two!)
Person of Interest (don't you dare cancel this CBS)
Hannibal (enjoy this but not nearly as much as a lot of gaf seems to)
Wayward Pines (only saw premier and liked it, looking forward to the rest of the episodes)
Gravity Falls (and its abysmal schedule)
The Returned (French version)

British being British:
Sherlock
Luther

Show I really want to finish:
Better Call Saul

Shows that I'll get back to... someday:
Game of Thrones
Broadchurch
Orphan Black
Marco Polo
Haven
House of Cards

Dearly departed this season:
Justified

I just use the website Myepisodes.com, you can make a list of the shows you watch and it will make you a custom RSS feed that shows any new episodes of your shows. Makes it really easy to keep track of new episodes.

danielcw

Just FYI: there's a long-running joke amongst some of the regulars here that TV nerds tend to treat Fox - a network with lots of solid original genre programming, & which handles its shows pretty fairly and has changed a ton over the past 10+ years - like shit largely because of what they did with Firefly going on thirteen years ago.

See the OP's sarcastic tribute to Firefly for further reference.

Thanks, got it :)

The one time I read the OP I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm, though

Tamanon

Banned
PoI should be fine. They'll at least get to syndication I would imagine.

I'm still peeved at FOX for cutting Alcatraz though.

berzeli

Banned
So this is series orders and cancellations week, right?
Oh dear.

I totally forgot about that.

By the way is there a good list of pilots? (i.e. not Deadline Pilot panic) Their way of (not) organising them is painful to read. Oh, and a list of bubble shows would be appreciated if someone has one laying about.

So we are all in agreement that if Constantine doesn't get renewed we burn down all the things, right?

Why? It was a dull show with mediocre ratings, and yes I used past tense for a reason. Pretty much the only chance Constantine has is getting picked up by Syfy and I don't really see it fitting into their schedule. It looks deader than Silent Hills at the moment.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Anything you would miss if it goes?

Let's see:

Agent Carter: I enjoyed it for what it was, and I love period pieces, but I don't feel like it did anything especially interesting with the time that it was given. I would watch another season but I also wouldn't mind if it was cancelled. If I had to choose between another season of Agent Carter or a new Marvel series, I'd choose the latter.

Marry Me: Mostly terrible. I only kept watching it out of habit. It's dead though, so there's no need to worry about it coming back.

Nashville: I go back and forth on Nashville. There are times when I enjoy it (the songs are usually good, the music industry type stuff is interesting, and Hayden Panettiere delivers the delicious suds whenever the show decides to utilize her) but then there are other times when I wish they would put it out of its misery (Domestic abuse! Cancer! Prostitution! Love Sierpinski triangles!). I would actually like to see the show renewed with a final season in mind because I'm kind of attached to some of the characters and wouldn't like to see it cancelled without any resolution.

For better or worse, every other network show that I watch is safe.

Any pilot you want to see go to series?

Eh, not really. Perhaps...

NBC: The Curse Of The Fuentes Women (why not?) and Warrior (could be interesting?).

Fox: Grandpa (for John Stamos) and Luther (for the lulz)

CBS: Holy shit, no.

ABC: Chev & Bev (could be fun), Delores & Jermaine (we all need a little Whoopi in our lives), Boom (outlaws and roughnecks, breh!), and Of Kings and Prophets (one of these shows is bound to be good, right?).

The CW: Cheerleader Death Squad (a show with this premise on The CW could be a goldmine) and Tales from the Darkside (The CW does horror anthology? I need to see this!)

...I hope all your favorite things explode!

None of my favorite things are on Network TV, so. :)

berzeli

Banned
Here you go

http://tvline.com/2015/01/29/pilot-season-abc-cbs-cw-fox-nbc-2015-2016/

And what's wrong with Deadline's list? It looks good to me.

Thanks. It might just be personal preference but Deadline isn't structured well and sometimes end up talking about more than one show in a sentence and I like more clearly defined structure. Or I might be looking at the wrong list, I like the website for the news (and some of the commentary) but I dislike navigating it quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom