• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thanks. It might just be personal preference but Deadline isn't structured well and sometimes end up talking about more than one show in a sentence and I like more clearly defined structure. Or I might be looking at the wrong list, I like the website for the news (and some of the commentary) but I dislike navigating it quite a bit.

You're definitely looking at the wrong list:

http://deadline.com/2015-the-cw-pilots/

ivysaur12

Banned
If last year is anything to go by, ABC will announce everything on Thursday and then pickup their shows on Friday.

I don't really get why they do it like this, but sure.

Sober

My worry is Person of Interest.
POI will be picked up for a TV movie conclusion, it's up in the air if they will just air Forbin: The Colossus Project or they will make Michael Emerson read a GameFAQs walkthrough of Deus Ex in its entirety.

Nobility

Banned
My worry is Person of Interest.

xjQON6e.gif

Until I see the official press release, I won't sleep easy.

ivysaur12

Banned
oh come on

Ronnie D. is ... he's a saint, isn't he? he's married, right? he wouldn't ...

I mean come on

she does look super uncomfortable once the other people start mentioning sleeping with their boss

Guys.

Ronald D. Moore was not my boss. C'mon, now. If there's one thing to know about Helix, it's that Ron had little to do with it.

And to the best of my knowledge, no one on that stage slept with anyone else on that stage.

ivysaur12

Banned
My final bubble show predicts:

CW:

iZombie: Renew

CBS:

Battle Creek: Cancel
The Good Wife: Renew
CSI: Cancel
Blue Bloods: Renew
Stalker: Cancel (or renew for summer)
Person of Interest: Renew
CSI: Cyber: Cancel
Hawaii Five-0: Renew

NBC:

American Odyssey: Cancel
Marry Me: Cancel
About a Boy: Cancel
State of Affair: Cancel
The Mysteries of Laura: Cancel
One Big Happy: Cancel
The Night Shift: Cancel (or renew for summer)
Undateable: Renew
AD: Renew?

Fox:

Weird Loners: Cancel
The Mindy Project: Cancel, my guess it ends somewhere else
Backstrom: Cancel
Bones: Renew
The Following: Hmm. Probably cancel, but this is a huge property for WB (esp. internationally), so my guess is they do WHATEVER they can.

ABC:

Cristela: Cancel
Forever: Cancel
Resurrection: Cancel
American Crime: Cancel
Nashville: Renew
Last Man Standing: Renew
Galavant: Could go either way, but since Fogelman will probably get his other ABC show, so probably cancel
Agent Carter: Renew
Secrets & Lies: Renew (literally my biggest surprise of the year)

My guess is that Sony will Sony and one (or more) of their bubble shows will return.

ivysaur12

Banned
Sounds about right.

Yeah, my guess is that there will be few surprises this year, since there are such few true bubble shows. I'm also not really sure quite how well or poorly some of this stuff is doing week to week, so a lot of this is gut based on a quick check of a few numbers and the like.

There will be some surprises, I just don't think too many. Everything seems to be leaning one way or the other.

kurahador

Hoping for Agent Carter and iZombie renewal.

Just like Revenge, Person Of Interest need to end already.
Hope it'll get a short season.

So can anyone give me a breakdown on what is happening as of right now with

Flash
Arrow
Agents of Shield
Agent Carter
Constantine
The Blacklist
Castle
Defiance
Grimm
Hannibal
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow
Star Wars Rebles
Supernatural

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So can anyone give me a breakdown on what is happening as of right now with

Flash Renewed
Arrow Renewed
Agents of Shield Will probably be renewed
Agent Carter On the bubble
Constantine Will probably be cancelled
The Blacklist Renewed
Castle Will probably be renewed
Defiance Season three premieres next month
Grimm Renewed
Hannibal Season three premieres next month
Penny Dreadful Season two premiered yesterday
Sleepy Hollow Renewed
Star Wars Rebles Season two premieres next month
Supernatural Renewed

Busty

Banned
Though it has already been taken round the back of the cow shed and shot the last four unaired episodes of Marry Me are being shown by the international broadcasters who picked up the series.

Having seen the first two of the 'lost four' I can confirm that the quality has..., dipped even further from the poor benchmark it had before. As much as I like Casey Wilson and Ken Marino they seem poorly matched for this project as a couple. Also, the production values looked poor before but now, assuming they knew they were as good as cancelled, the show looks so much 'smaller'.

Marry Me doesn't really feel like a 'hang out' show or a 'dating' show. Was this future wedding concept really going to propel the show's narrative going forward for the next (if it lasted that long) five years? It already feels like, after just 16 episodes, it has run out of juice with this idea.

Even though Marry Me did enough (the bare minimum really) to satisfy my Penny from Happy Endings withdrawal I do think she has a huge hit in her if she can just find the right vehicle.

The Following: Hmm. Probably cancel, but this is a huge property for WB (esp. internationally), so my guess is they do WHATEVER they can.

Yup, I think that this could be the first time in a long that WBtv 'do a Sony' and work to get The Following back for another season by any means necessary.

If they don't end up giving it to Fox for a heavily subsidised licence fee then I could see it on Hulu (seeing as Netlfix already has Longmire) or whatever.

NBC:

The Mysteries of Laura: Cancel

I have a feeling (based on absolutely nothing, I haven't seen anything of this series) that 'Laura' will come back for another season on NBC.

While its ratings have been fairly pitiful it is a self starter and Debra Messing is probably NBC royalty at this point so they might want to give it the 'ol college try' and bring it back.

Unless of course NBC just swap one Berlanti show for another and stick Blindspot on the schedule replacing this.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Guys.

Ronald D. Moore was not my boss. C'mon, now. If there's one thing to know about Helix, it's that Ron had little to do with it.

And to the best of my knowledge, no one on that stage slept with anyone else on that stage.

interesting choice of words

as for RDM, I was kidding; I don't know about anyone else.

styl3s

Why? It was a dull show with mediocre ratings, and yes I used past tense for a reason. Pretty much the only chance Constantine has is getting picked up by Syfy and I don't really see it fitting into their schedule. It looks deader than Silent Hills at the moment.

If by burn down all the things you mean "send a thank you letter to NBC for killing that mediocrity" then count me in.

iZombie is on the bubble? I could of swore it was already renewed.

My final bubble show predicts:

Good post and I'd wager you've gotten nearly everything correct.

I hope you're wrong about Agent Carter (dreadfully boring), hate that you're right about Backstrom, and I already have a box of dead ravens ready to mail to Fox execs if they dare to cancel The Following.

mm04

I just hope if Galavant isn't renewed, somewhere else picks it up... doubt it'll happen though seeing how niche the show was.

My mom loves this show. Her two favorite shows are Galavant and When Calls The Heart. Considering the lyrics of a lot of the songs, I'm surprised she can even pick up the more modern references...maybe she doesn't but just likes the music.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Marry Me doesn't really feel like a 'hang out' show or a 'dating' show. Was this future wedding concept really going to propel the show's narrative going forward for the next (if it lasted that long) five years? It already feels like, after just 16 episodes, it has run out of juice with this idea.

I feel like it ran out of juice after 5-6 episodes.

My mom's two favorite shows are Galavant and When Calls The Heart.

cool mom bro

ivysaur12

Banned
Unless of course NBC just swap one Berlanti show for another and stick Blindspot on the schedule replacing this.

That's my thinking. And Laura is doing JUST poorly enough that I think I'd rather take their changes on the few other dramas they have that are getting heat.

Good post and I'd wager you've gotten nearly everything correct.

I hope you're wrong about Agent Carter (dreadfully boring), hate that you're right about Backstrom, and I already have a box of dead ravens ready to mail to Fox execs if they dare to cancel The Following.

I have no opinion on a lot of those shows -- I know Cahtah is a favorite here, and I was sort of teetering on saying no, but my guess it it'll come back for 10 episodes or something.

EDIT: Secrets & Lies hit a series high last night. WHY. Why was this the dead kid show that made it. Anyone have any ideas?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
That's my thinking. And Laura is doing JUST poorly enough that I think I'd rather take their changes on the few other dramas they have that are getting heat.

I have no opinion on a lot of those shows -- I know Cahtah is a favorite here, and I was sort of teetering on saying no, but my guess it it'll come back for 10 episodes or something.

EDIT: Secrets & Lies hit a series high last night. WHY. Why was this the dead kid show that made it. Anyone have any ideas?

My guesses as to why this dead kid show did better than the other dead kid show:

1) This sort of show plays better on a Sunday night than a Thursday night.
2a) People actually pay attention to ABC, as opposed to Fox, so viewers were aware S&L existed.
2b) ABC's audience is more likely to like this sort of show than Fox's audience.
3) S&L doesn't have anyone faking a bad American accent.
4) On the subject of David Tennant, the audience may find Ryan Phillippe to be the more attractive of the male leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom