• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
My guesses as to why this dead kid show did better than the other dead kid show:

1) This sort of show plays better on a Sunday night than a Thursday night.
2a) People actually pay attention to ABC, as opposed to Fox, so viewers were aware S&L existed.
2b) ABC's audience is more likely to like this sort of show than Fox's audience.
3) S&L doesn't have anyone faking a bad American accent.
4) On the subject of David Tennant, the audience may find Ryan Phillippe to be the more attractive of the male leads.

Yeah, but American Crime was the best show of the three! (And I get why American Crime isn't doing well. Which sucks. It's too raw).

Yeah, but American Crime was the best show of the three! (And I get why American Crime isn't doing well. Which sucks. It's too raw).
I also saw that American Crime took a little bit too long to get off the ground. And the editing was a bit jarring too.
At least that's what people on Twitter said.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I totally forgot that American Crime was a dead kid show, haha. I suppose that, yes, it's too raw and not soapy enough for more mainstream appeal. It may have generated at least a decent following had it premiered in September rather than the middle of spring, but what can you do.

I totally forgot that American Crime was a dead kid show, haha. I suppose that, yes, it's too raw and not soapy enough for more mainstream appeal. It may have generated at least a decent following had it premiered in September rather than the middle of spring, but what can you do.
This too.
Thursday I would guess is considered Shonda night for people and American Crime is too out of place there. It's not soapy enough.

ivysaur12

Banned
This too.
Thursday I would guess is considered Shonda night for people and American Crime is too out of place there. It's not soapy enough.

It's also, like, HERE'S A MIRROR AMERICA.

interesting choice of words

as for RDM, I was kidding; I don't know about anyone else.

I did choose them carefully! Also, it's weird seeing that now. You think they would've had both showrunners on stage?

ivysaur12

Banned
FINAL PREDICTIONS BECAUSE IVY IS STILL WAITING FOR THE ADs TO EMAIL ME BACK:

NBC:

Sunday:

Football

Monday:

8 - The Voice
10 - The Player (or Heartbreaker)

Tuesday:

8 - The Voice
9 - Coach
9:30 - People Are Talking
10 - Chicago Fire

Wednesday:

8 - Telenovela
8:30 - Superstore
9 - SVU
10 - Chicago PD

Thursday:

8 - Heroes: Reborn
9 - The Blacklist
10 - Shades of Blue

Friday:

8 - Dateline
9 - Grimm
10 - Warrior

Midseason: Either Heartbreaker of The Player (whichever one doesn't go on Monday), Curse of the Fuentes Women, Emerald City, Suzanne Martin, Strange Calls, How We Live.

WILL UPDATE AS I FIND LAPSES IN THE DAY

berzeli

Banned
One of the cast members was sleeping with one of the writers/showrunners and that's why they were given prominence on the show...? I need more clues!

To me it reads as if the assistant was more of a pain-in-the-ass-istant. (I put my theory more bluntly in email tags, just in case something needs to get whittaed)

The imdb pages says that Pamela started out as an assistant to Steven and Ivy implies that someone fucked their boss. A former assistant with limited writing abilities with way too much influence over the showrunner would make for an awful work experience.

I hope Forever somehow gets renewed.
Ivy is there a chance? Maybe if Castle gets cancelled bacause of contracts (did Stana sign)?
Oh man, I think I'm gonna miss Forever.
It was a good show. Wish it had caught on.
Same. It was a good finale.
But there is still hope, right? Right?
What's the hype on this Mr robot show?
Looks ok. Pilot will be available on May 27th. I will watch at least first episode for Christian Slater.

ivysaur12

Banned
One of the cast members was sleeping with one of the writers/showrunners and that's why they were given prominence on the show...? I need more clues!

I think I made my point very obvious, and that's the most I'm going to expand on it :p

To me it reads as if the assistant was more of a pain-in-the-ass-istant. (I put my theory more bluntly in email tags, just in case something needs to get whittaed)

The imdb pages says that Pamela started out as an assistant to Steven and Ivy implies that someone fucked their boss. A former assistant with limited writing abilities with way too much influence over the showrunner would make for an awful work experience.

Yes. Part of it, at least. But you got the name wrong?

Bladenic

This is a tad random, but what's the name of the show with (I believe) "Black" in the water that's a thriller/horror show that had a thread about it? Cannot find it anywhere. And is that show still alive?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is a tad random, but what's the name of the show with (I believe) "Black" in the water that's a thriller/horror show that had a thread about it? Cannot find it anywhere. And is that show still alive?
Black Mirror?

mm04

I'm a fan of POI, but I think it's getting close to running its course with me. I haven't watched the finale yet, but I'd be fine if it got one more season to wrap it up.

Zalasta

Well, just my opinion but even though Secrets is a terrible show, at least it doesn't pretend to be more than what it is. American Crime, on the other hand, is so self-important, so extreme in the delivery of the race issue, that every single scenarios and character interactions turn into that. It is so exhausting to be beaten over the head episodes after episodes. None of its characters are likeable or identifiable to me. And honestly if I'm passionate about these kind of social issues and injustices, I should be watching the news, not a show that is only interested in pushing buttons and creating drama for the sake of drama. Honestly, I say good riddance to it and I think it does more harm than good in raising people's awareness. In fact, I think it turns people off of it and that may be why no one is watching.

ivysaur12

Banned
American Crime, on the other hand, is so self-important, so extreme in the delivery of the race issue, that every single scenarios and character interactions turn into that.

Not to really push the point any further, but, that's the American experience, especially in regards to the justice system. It would be sort of disingenuous to write a show about a racial-charged crime and then not engage with race. Isn't that what we're sort of seeing now, across the country, since Ferguson? And that's why the show isn't doing well -- it's too raw, too timely, and a large swathe of people aren't going to sit at home and watch a show that holds a mirror to white privilege and engage with racial issues beyond a surface level reading.

Zalasta

Actually, my feelings are kind of the opposite. I don't think the show is a good relection of what's going on around the country. To me it is certainly no longer interested in finding out about the truth behind the crime, it isn't about justice for the people involved. It is all over the place because it throws together a bunch of racial topics. There is no focus, no coherent point of view.

Patryn

For a week in which we were supposed to get answers about pickups, I feel like there has been surprisingly low amounts of news.

I assume it'll mostly come in the back half of the week?

ivysaur12

Banned
For a week in which we were supposed to get answers about pickups, I feel like there has been surprisingly low amounts of news.

I assume it'll mostly come in the back half of the week?

Yes.

I assume we'll get some news today. Probably from NBC. They need to get people to New York on Sunday.

ivysaur12

Banned
IVY PREDICTS 2015-16: ABC! This one is tough!

Sunday:

8 - OUAT
9 - Secrets & Lies
10 - Nashville

Monday:

8 - DWTS
10 - Castle

Tuesday:

8 - The Middle
8:30 - Fresh Off the Boat
9 - SHIELD
10 - The Catch

Wednesday:

8 - The Goldbergs
8:30 - Black-ish
9 - Modern Family
9:30 - The Muppets (like, maybe? This feels Paul Lee)
10 - Unt. Jenna Bans

Thursday:

8 - Grey's
9 - Scandal
10 - How to Get Away with MURDER

Friday:

8 - Last Man Standing
8:30 - Dolores & Jermaine
9 - Shark Tank
10 - 20/20 and After the Tank or whatever

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I kinda feel like ABC will banish Nashville to Sundays at 10 p.m. to drag it into syndication, and leave Secrets & Lies at 9 p.m.

Man I hope Muppets is good. That would be fun to see each week.

ivysaur12

Banned
I kinda feel like ABC will banish Nashville to Sundays at 10 p.m. to drag it into syndication, and leave Secrets & Lies at 9 p.m.

I thought about that as well. Think they might do that, then put Jenna Bans on Wednesday.

They allllmost moved Nashville to 10pm on Sunday in season 1 after midseason. I'm going to make that edit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Man I hope Muppets is good. That would be fun to see each week.
I was a lot more hopeful before information came out that it'd be more of a sitcom about the Muppets' personal lives and relationships/romances. I really don't understand, just do The Muppet Show. The format is perfect and timeless.

ivysaur12

Banned
Fox:

Sunday:

7:30 - Bob's Burgers
8 - The Simpsons
8:30 - Last Man on Earth
9 - Family Guy
9:30 - Boardertown

Monday:

8 - Gotham
9 - Minority Report/Sleepy Hollow (spring)

Tuesday:

8 - New Girl
8:30 - Brooklyn 99
9 - Grindr
I know it's called The Grinder
9:30 - Grandpa

Wednesday:

8 - Empire
9 - Rosewood

Thursday:

8 - Scream Queens
9 - Frankenstein

Friday:

8 - Gordon Ramsey?
9 - Bones

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
night shift is going to be on all channels and all time slots until the end of days

ivysaur12

Banned
Wasnt Boardertown supposed to be airing this spring?

Yeah, but they pushed it to fall.

CBS:

Sunday:

7 - 60 Minutes
8 - Supergirl
9 - Madam Secretary
10 - The Good Wife

Monday:

8 - 2 Broke Girls
8:30 - Angel From Hell (hold Mike & Molly again)
9 - Scorpion
10 - NCIS: LA

Tuesday:

8 - NCIS
9 - NCIS: New Orleans
10 - Limitless (hold Person of Interest like The Mentalist this year)

Wednesday:

8 - Survivor
9 - Criminal Minds
10 - Code Black

Thursday:

8 - The Big Bang Theory
8:30 - Super Clyde
9 - Mom
9:30 - The Odd Couple
10 - Rush Hour

Friday:

8 - Elementary (maaaaybe. Depends)
9 - Hawaii Five-0 (could also seeing this get canceled and Elementary going here)
10 - Blue Bloods

ivysaur12

Banned
The CW:

Monday:

8 - The Originals
9 - Jane the Virgin

Tuesday:

8 - The Flash
9 - Cordon

Wednesday:

8 - Arrow
9 - iZombie

Thursday:

8 - The Vampire Diaries
9 - Cheerleader Death Squad

Friday:

8 - Supernatural
9 - Reign

Keep The 100 (which is only 13 at the moment), SuperHeroTeamFriends, and Tales from the Darkside for midseason

EDIT: here we go. GET YOUR ENGINES READY, TV GAF

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Galavant is my new Community. I will fight for that shit by sitting here at my desk and doing nothing, and maybe use a hashtag or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom