• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripOpt55

I enjoyed the first season of About a Boy, but Season 2 wasn't doing a ton for me before it got pulled. It was a solid show, but not one I find myself all that bummed about losing. Maybe the writing having been on the wall for a while softened the blow too.

I enjoyed the first season of About a Boy, but Season 2 wasn't doing a ton for me before it got pulled. It was a solid show, but not one I find myself all that bummed about losing. Maybe the writing having been on the wall for a while softened the blow too.
Yeah the 1st season was solid and there was good cast chemistry but it just sort of stalled in Season 2. There was no growth and it felt like it was just retreading the same laughs from before.

Yeah the 1st season was solid and there was good cast chemistry but it just sort of stalled in Season 2. There was no growth and it felt like it was just retreading the same laughs from before.
Plus the main kid actor got a little bit older so it was kinda awkward writing him it seemed. At least to me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
8oE49vt.jpg

:3

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want POI cancelled but at the same time it was so obvious this season that CBS is limiting its potential.
I think that has to do with Shaw's actress taking an unexpected leave because of her pregnancy, destroying the writers' plans.

God, I need to know if it's renewed now!

Spl1nter

I think that has to do with Shaw's actress taking an unexpected leave because of her pregnancy, destroying the writers' plans.

God, I need to know if it's renewed now!
It wasn't just that, the budget has clearly been reduced and the fight scenes have been negatively impacted. There has been some truly bad cgi muzzle flashes and the writing feels like it has been CBS'd.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't just that, the budget has clearly been reduced and the fight scenes have been negatively impacted. There has been some truly bad cgi muzzle flashes and the writing feels like it has been CBS'd.
Definitely that too. The show needs to go back at an earlier schedule as it was before and maybe it'll get a budget and popularity rise.

It's better that than hoping that Netflix picks it up.

I really want S3 special effects back.

I mean, I'm not really watching POI for the action and the effects aren't crucial (though the muzzle flashes lately are pretty bad). And the writing has always dipped into CBS procedural territory at times.

Patryn

Why? CW name is floating around.

Gut feeling, but there's always the noise about a show landing elsewhere, and we already had one instance of that this season with Mindy.

I just don't see a middling-rated show like Constantine being picked up elsewhere.

The CW is already pretty stocked.

CW is already overpacked with shows. They don't have any room anymore. If Constantine went to Syfy or TNT or something it would work better since there's much more room.

Not to mention Constantine and Supernatural have redundant content without being directly related to each other.

And Supernatural is the one show left that was grandfathered in with the change to CW. It's basically that Middle Management guy that's been with the business forever. Doesn't perform like they used to but no one will fire them and they refuse to retire. So Constantine doesn't seem like it would have a real chance there even if there was room.

Syfy would be appropriate but it seems like they enjoy importing Canadian made shows primarily with a splash of their own originals here and there. I honestly have no clue where Constantine could possibly go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom