• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Kinda ballsy putting Supergirl up against Gotham.

Fretful, beleaguered Person of Interest fans will have to wait until midseason (prolly January) to watch its 13-episode season.

I'm surprised they left CSI Cyber in the 10 p.m. Sunday death slot. Or maybe I shouldn't be...

I don't think Angel From Hell has much of a chance launching in November at 9:30 p.m. Then again, I guess black-ish did OK for itself at that time of night, although I think Modern Family is a stronger lead-in than Mom.

Speaking as a Person of Interest fan, I'd add in delusional based on how many appear convinced that this isn't the final season.

Patryn

Looks like Ted Danson is moving CSI: Cyber, and they're bringing back William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger for the 2-hour movie finale for CSI.

I'm almost half-tempted to watch the finale. The first 3 or 4 seasons of CSI were actually really damn good for a procedural, and William Peterson was great as Grissom. Only problem is I don't think I've watched it in 10 years.

strafer

Looks like Ted Danson is moving CSI: Cyber, and they're bringing back William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger for the 2-hour movie finale for CSI.

I'm almost half-tempted to watch the finale. The first 3 or 4 seasons of CSI were actually really damn good for a procedural, and William Peterson was great as Grissom. Only problem is I don't think I've watched it in 10 years.

oh shit

now i must watch the finale then

Tom_Cody

I will watch that for sure.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
A poster on TVBTN pointed out something interesting: This November will be the first time since fall 1948 that CBS won't air any comedies on Mondays. "Before I Love Lucy debuted. The end of a 60-plus year old era."

Penguin

Ratings don't matter as much right now, but it's insane that SHIELD dropped like 600k viewers between the first and second hour of the finale.

I imagine it's people who didn't know the show was a two-parter

Malvingt2

Ratings don't matter as much right now, but it's insane that SHIELD dropped like 600k viewers between the first and second hour of the finale.

I imagine it's people who didn't know the show was a two-parter

Second straight week that The Flash beat them?

Sober

THEY'RE BACK TO SOLVE ONE. LAST. CRIME.

ivysaur12

Banned
Did you forget Supergirl or leave it off on purpose? I'm pretty sure Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays at 8 (and maybe 9 for Tuesday too) are an obvious "no" in where it'll get put. Since I doubt DC/WB would be cool having it compete directly with other DC (or comics in general) properties.

Does Amazing Race do full seasons? I'm expecting Person of Interest to be a mid-season Friday show, so I'm trying to figure out where it would go.

Also, as mentioned, you forgot Supergirl. I'm curious if there's some arrangement such that it can't compete with Arrow or Flash, though.

EDIT: Sepinwall just tweeted that Big Bang Theory will be doing the Monday at 8 p.m. thing again while CBS is doing Thursday Night Football. Soon as football is over, Supergirl takes over the slot.

I didn't forget Supergirl. I thought they'd launch it post-Superbowl.

Does Amazing Race do full seasons? I'm expecting Person of Interest to be a mid-season Friday show, so I'm trying to figure out where it would go.

Depends if it got or will get renewed for two seasons instead of one. It usually runs in September to December and then Feb to May if they'll be doing the usual two seasons in one year.

maxcriden

So PoI is officially midseason, then, eh? Works for me. Glad to get these 13 eps to wrap everything up. As Patryn said:

Speaking as a Person of Interest fan, I'd add in delusional based on how many appear convinced that this isn't the final season.

That is weird as hell that anyone would think the show could come back after a 13 ep season like this. Unquestionably a finale season.

On another note:

Muppets is the only new trailer I've watched. Looked cute and funny for the most part.

Any other trailers I should check out?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
13 episodes left of POI, eh? How many breaks will CBS stick in between these episodes? The over/under is at 5.5 breaks. Betting begins now.

abundant

13 episodes left of POI, eh? How many breaks will CBS stick in between these episodes? The over/under is at 5.5 breaks. Betting begins now.

Since it is a mid season show and depending on when they air it, none. Mid season shows don't need to stretch out their seasons.

ivysaur12

Banned

Probably 0.

Also, huh:

Tassler also said that The Good Wife, despite declining ratings, is not in danger of being canceled any time soon. "As long as [Robert and Michelle King] want to continue producing and writing, we love having that show on our air."

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just saw that. Seems super bizarre for this to be a chronological followup to the movie instead of just a show loosely using the premise.

maxcriden

Huh, interesting. Thank you!

I just saw that. Seems super bizarre for this to be a chronological followup to the movie instead of just a show loosely using the premise.

My thoughts exactly. Movie was pretty solid, though. Man, Marc Webb was so wasted on ASM/2. I hope the Limitless pilot is better suited to his strengths. 5HDS is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Tucah

you speak so well
Also, huh:

Makes sense they'd want to keep around their one "prestige" show, but while I think it can bounce back from last season I hope they don't continue it for much longer.

Plus, what would they title the episodes post S7 (assuming it's back to one word titles) - go back to two word titles? Every episode untitled?

ivysaur12

Banned
Makes sense they'd want to keep around their one "prestige" show, but while I think it can bounce back from last season I hope they don't continue it for much longer.

Plus, what would they title the episodes post S7 (assuming it's back to one word titles) - go back to two word titles? Every episode untitled?

Emojis

maxcriden

Hmm, I liked the Real O'Neals, Grandfathered, The Family, the Grinder and People are Talking.
But I know you're pretty picky so...
:p

I'll cop to that. Thanks for the recs, though, will check 'em out :)

(Still feeling under the weather BTW. I think I have to pass on tomorrow. Might be up for something Friday, though--Jen has orientation all day so if I'm feeling better I should be available.)

maxcriden

Hmm, I liked the Real O'Neals, Grandfathered, The Family, the Grinder and People are Talking.
But I know you're pretty picky so...
:p
I say just check them all out and see what you like.

OK, checked 'em out--except for The Family b/c I prefer not to be spoiled on drama pilots. I've made that mistake with several in the past and pilot trailers tend to be overviews so I end up feeling like I've seen the whole pilot. My ranking: RONs > Grandfathered > Grinder > People are Talking. RONs and Grandfathered seemed like hangout comedies or I'm not sure what the appropriate term is, but like we were discussing the other day, shows like Ben and Kate where they're not nonstop hilarity but more fun time spent with the characters, if that makes sense. (As you said I'm pretty picky about comedies though!)

ivysaur12

Banned
Boy, this is shaping up to be one incredibly dull fall season. About the only thing that gives me hope is the idea that networks might start moving more toward the rotating thirteen episode model; going from 26 episodes as a standard down to 22 was a positive, and reduced episode orders can only benefit most shows creatively and probably financially.

I think it helps everyone, but I'm not sure what the financial incentive is. Then again, I'm not a numbers guy.

Boy, this is shaping up to be one incredibly dull fall season. About the only thing that gives me hope is the idea that networks might start moving more toward the rotating thirteen episode model; going from 26 episodes as a standard down to 22 was a positive, and reduced episode orders can only benefit most shows creatively and probably financially.

Yeah, I'm not exactly expecting anything wildly exciting from the broadcast networks but these schedules are just boring.

ivysaur12

Banned
I guess at some point, Netflix money will outstrip syndication money - at least domestically anyway - and that will drive how shows are produced in terms of their "first run".

My guess is that the competition from Amazon/Netflix/Hulu/Overstock.com will help drive that price up when they're all competing for streaming syndication, though Netflix's CEO did just say that they get more efficient use of dollars on original content.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My guess is that the competition from Amazon/Netflix/Hulu/Overstock.com will help drive that price up when they're all competing for streaming syndication, though Netflix's CEO did just say that they get more efficient use of dollars on original content.
I imagine owning a show and deriving all the profits from it is better than streaming reruns of Everybody Hates The Undateable New Girls from The Middle or NCIS Chicago Cyber SVU anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom