• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

why would it matter to shield its on a different channel no?

Also the show is good now so i need to return mmkay? :)

I think he meant SHIELD's continuous decline in demo ratings. Though think it's been stabilizing around 1.7 (once it is adjusted up)

Xater

I think he meant SHIELD's continuous decline in demo ratings. Though think it's been stabilizing around 1.7 (once it is adjusted up)

This. Also I am pretty sure ABC expects better performance from it's shows compared to CW from what I understand.

Does that mean the Shield might be fucked? I would kinda be glad because then I really don#t need to return to it at this point.
SHIELD is still doing enough right now, though the ratings aren't great. FWIW, this season has been a bit better than S1.

Correction from Adalian:

Joe Adalian said:
FLASH's 1.6, while still very good, was down about 12% from debut. I transposed last week's A18-34 (1.6) with A18-49 (1.9)
So it didn't hold even with last week, but it's still very good for week 2.

Penguin

SHIELD is still doing enough right now, though the ratings aren't great. FWIW, this season has been a bit better than S1.

But does it matter if folks have tuned out (and it seems like even those who came back for season 2 aren't watching live)

I really do think they should put season 1 on a streaming service, because everyone says it gets better in the 2nd half, but no one wants to pay to find out if its worth it

But does it matter if folks have tuned out (and it seems like even those who came back for season 2 aren't watching live)

I really do think they should put season 1 on a streaming service, because everyone says it gets better in the 2nd half, but no one wants to pay to find out if its worth it
My second sentence there was for Xater's information since he commented on catching up.

I apologize
Heh, no need to. I just haven't given much thought to your points on the second season improving and if viewers that have left are written off as a loss at this point. Makes sense for them to get it up on a streaming platform, but I wonder if that's of greater benefit to a show that had a good but unwatched first season rather than one that had a mediocre first season and improved in the second.

So, think asked this last week, but what the hell does ABC and FOX do with their Tuesday nights.

Nothing seems to be hitting with fans.

Who knows, but I have to admit it's funny seeing them struggling to outrate a CW show for an entire night. I never thought I'd see the day when that happened.

Fox in particular is doing terribly. Having to air an hour of repeats every single Tuesday this early in the season is just pathetic.

Tamanon

Banned
I mean, FOX is throwing Simpsons/Bob's Burgers reruns on at 8 PM on a Tuesday in week 4 of the new season. That's terrible for them.

Cartoons on primetime Tuesday night?

What universe an I in?

Did Fox not order enough shows? Don't all networks have a couple of shows on standby in case of a bomb?

Cartoons on primetime Tuesday night?

What universe an I in?

Did Fox not order enough shows? Don't all networks have a couple of shows on standby in case of a bomb?

Starting in November Fox is going to air Masterchef JR on Tuesdays. They just were not ready for having to pull Utopia so soon.

Fuck it, Fox give me an hour a week and I'll throw something together that no one will watch too and it'll cost a fraction of anything else you currently air, one commercial will pay for the season.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If we set Sep 1 as the beginning of the Fall TV series, exclude mini-series or TV specials, and further divide all content into either "drama", "comedy" (I'll call any dramedy lighter than, say, Parenthood on average a comedy), or "unscripted", the dramas that have so far aired:

Forever
Gotham
Gracepoint
How to Get Away With Murder
Kingdom
Madam Secretary
NCIS: New Orleans
Red Band Society
Scorpion
Stalker
Star Wars Rebels
The Affair
The Flash
(?) The Mysteries of Laura
Transparent
Z Nation

Those are your options.

So I guess, of those I've seen at least the pilot, with C+ being sort of the cutoff for "I'd watch this as background stuff but not actively keep up with it" and a B being sort of "I'll watch it weekly for a while":
Forever - C+
Gotham - B
Gracepoint - C
How to Get Away With Murder - B
Madam Secretary - C+
NCIS: New Orleans - D
Red Band Society - C+
Scorpion - F
Stalker - F
Star Wars Rebels - F
The Flash - C+
(?) The Mysteries of Laura - D
Transparent - A

Barrage

Shield keeps going down, when does it no longer get to be treated as it's somehow "safe" from cancellation? Especially if it keeps slipping.
My assumption would be they obviously want to see if the show can take of a Post-Avenger 2 Boom next year, and that by then they'll want to cross the finish line with a fourth season for that sweet, sweet syndication money. I'd say SHIELD will wrap up in 2017 (as far away as that seems now).

Vert boil

They cancelled Phil and Lem, again? Screw you, TV GODS.

halt6ymyuw.gif

Pluto

Those are the ones I've seen:
Gotham - C
Gracepoint - F
How to Get Away With Murder - B (damn entertaining even if I want to punch several characters in the face)
NCIS: New Orleans - F
Red Band Society - C
Scorpion - F
Stalker - F
The Flash - A

Haven't seen but very interested in:

Kingdom
Transparent

I also really liked Jane the Virgin but I guess that's a comedy?

Tucah

you speak so well
Flash is fun, HTGAWM is fun, Kingdom was surprisingly good and Transparent was fantastic. Gotham was fine but I don't really have much interest in continuing week to week. I didn't watch anything else.

For me it's

Forever- C+
Gotham- D
Gracepoint- D
How to Get Away With Murder B
NCIS: New Orleans- C-
Red Band Society B
Scorpion F
Stalker F
Star Wars Rebels D
The Flash B+
The Mysteries of Laura F

Shows I Haven't Seen:
Kingdom
Madam Secretary
Z Nation
Transparent( I keep hearing this is good)
The Affair

Karu

Mhh...

The Affair - A
Transparent - A
Gotham - B-
Black-ish - C+
The Flash - B-
Star Wars: Rebels - B (Adjusted expectations and a HEAVY SWmusic bonus)
Z Nation - F

That's about what I watched. Whoops.

Rekwest

Forever B
Gotham C
Gracepoint F
NCIS: New Orleans B
Red Band Society F
Scorpion B
Star Wars Rebels F
The Flash A
Z Nation F +