• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Ordered to series.
Can anyone tell me about Gossip Girl? Worth a watch? I love The O.C.
The first couple of seasons of Gossip Girl were pretty great. Very entertaining. I gave up on it in the middle of season four, but I think I may go back and watch it from start to finish sometime soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've been catching up on Modern Family season 6, I know that show gets shit on a lot (especially around Emmy time) but I like it :/

it's very safe and the Asian girl is awful but I think it has some funny jokes and Phil is amazing

Penguin

I've been catching up on Modern Family season 6, I know that show gets shit on a lot (especially around Emmy time) but I like it :/

it's very safe and the Asian girl is awful but I think it has some funny jokes and Phil is amazing

I actually like Lily, they don't overplay their hand with her.

beat

I saw some stuff online that said Selfie ep 3 was where it got "great" or "amazing". Well, if that's the case, I don't think this show is for me.

Matush

Am I the only one that is disappointed with the output of new series this fall? From the shows that I watched every episode, I already dropped:

Bad Judge
Selfie
Black-ish
RBS
Forever

also thinking about dropping Gotham and Scorpion (which I really should)

The only new shows that I'm currently watching and some-what enjoying are HTGAWM, A to Z, Gracepoint and The Flesh.

Are there any (actually good) shows that I may have missed (cable, or not)?

anaron

Am I the only one that is disappointed with the output of new series this fall? From the shows that I watched every episode, I already dropped:

Bad Judge
Selfie
Black-ish
RBS
Forever

also thinking about dropping Gotham and Scorpion (which I really should)

The only new shows that I'm currently watching and some-what enjoying are HTGAWM, A to Z, Gracepoint and The Flesh.

Are there any (actually good) shows that I may have missed (cable, or not)?
Transparent, Outlander, The Affair

Also try out Marry Me, & Jane the Virgin

BluWacky

I've only watched a few things:

Marry Me - it's Penny! And... some other people who seem quite boring in the pilot, but it's Penny!
A to Z - the new adorkable. V. pleased they toned down Stu from the pilot.
Selfie - second ep much better than the first, judgemental hipster neighbour is a terrible character
The Flash - almost different from every other CW supernatural drama i.e. the lead ALMOST has some form of charisma as well as killer abs!

I'll watch some more of all of them but I'm not invested enough at this stage to worry about the fact that all (except The Flash, probably) are likely cancellations.

I've not been in the mood for any "good" TV recently, although I did watch the first ep of a halfway decent Australian conspiracy thriller called The Code a couple of days ago. Guess that means I should be watching Scorpion...

Patryn

I've only watched a few things:

Marry Me - it's Penny! And... some other people who seem quite boring in the pilot, but it's Penny!
A to Z - the new adorkable. V. pleased they toned down Stu from the pilot.
Selfie - second ep much better than the first, judgemental hipster neighbour is a terrible character
The Flash - almost different from every other CW supernatural drama i.e. the lead ALMOST has some form of charisma as well as killer abs!

I'll watch some more of all of them but I'm not invested enough at this stage to worry about the fact that all (except The Flash, probably) are likely cancellations.

I've not been in the mood for any "good" TV recently, although I did watch the first ep of a halfway decent Australian conspiracy thriller called The Code a couple of days ago. Guess that means I should be watching Scorpion...

You can lose that "probably".

The Flash is getting ratings that Fox is kind of jealous of this season.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is the first TV season in years that there is not a single new show that I am excited for. I have yet to even watch a single pilot. I will probably on-demand Constantine sometime this week, but even if that does impress me enough to want to watch more, this will end up being a pretty sad year for new shows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is the first TV season in years that there is not a single new show that I am excited for. I have yet to even watch a single pilot. I will probably on-demand Constantine sometime this week, but even if that does impress me enough to want to watch more, this will end up being a pretty sad year for new shows.

Constantine is weird in that the pilot should have been scrapped since they recast one of the main characters. Instead, they're using that pilot and then essentially having a second pilot to introduce the new character. In a way, it's going to have two pilots. I guess that's one way to save money. :p

Not for the general audience though. The Flash, Gotham, How to Get Away With Murder etc.

And in terms of quality Gracepoint.

Patryn

So the Brooklyn 9-9 move was a great decision.

Yikes at Revenge.

Here I was figuring that B99 was a dead show walking, and would be cancelled at the end of the season as part of the continuing Reilly purge.

But given the state of Fox, maybe it has a chance!

Patryn

I noticed on some weeks ratings news, they attributed the ratings bump for B99 as part of the NFL halo but not always. When does that apply and when does it not?

Fox doesn't always have a late game. So sometimes the NFL runs until 7:30-8 and sometimes the NFL ends at 4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stalker safe to watch (and by safe I mean, are the ratings decent enough or is it going to die?) Hate getting invested and then the show is canceled

Patryn

Stalker safe to watch (and by safe I mean, are the ratings decent enough or is it going to die?) Hate getting invested and then the show is canceled

Have you seen the reviews of the show? Even if it is safe, you may just want to skip it, because many people have called it the worst new show of the season.

Rhaknar

Have you seen the reviews of the show? Even if it is safe, you may just want to skip it, because many people have called it the worst new show of the season.

oh damn, no I didnt. I just miss McDermott on tv :(

Vert boil

You should watch Hostages if you didn't already. It was a really good self-contained series. (I know this is a minority opinion, but I stand by it.)

randy18fzmi.gif

- Deadline: ‘The Walking Dead’ Solid In Week 2
This week it might be the Denver Broncos’ quarterback breaking records last night instead of the AMC zombie apocalypse series but The Walking Dead still had some bite. After a record smashing Season 5 debut on October 12, the blockbuster series based on the Robert Kirkman co-created comics pulled in 15.143 million total viewers and 9.796 million among adults 18-49 last night. That comes as the 10 PM WD just avoided a surge on NBC’s Sunday Night Football as Peyton Manning made his 509th touchdown pass to smash the NFL’s TD record.

Week-to-week, Walking Dead was down 12% in total viewers from last week, which was what the series did in week 2 of its fourth season last October 20. Written by Kirkman himself, last night’s “Strangers’ episode got a 7.7 rating among the key demo. That’s an 11% drop from last week’s premiere but still tops SNF’s 7.0 fast nationals rating and everything else on both broadcast and cable last night. That demo result will likely change for SNF when the final numbers come in. Last week SNF went up from a 6.6 to its eventual 7.0. Still, the demo decline last night for WD is actually 2% smaller than the drop the WD had among the 18-49s for the second show of its fourth season.

Tamanon

Banned
CBS is getting weird with their crossovers now.

Next week, Hetty from NCIS LA is going to be a guest star on Scorpion.

That means NCIS/NCIS:NO/NCIS:LA/Scorpion/JAG are all in the same universe. Weird crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom