• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beat

CBS is getting weird with their crossovers now.

Next week, Hetty from NCIS LA is going to be a guest star on Scorpion.

That means NCIS/NCIS:NO/NCIS:LA/Scorpion/JAG are all in the same universe. Weird crossover.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe strategy will take over the world!

Patryn

That means NCIS/NCIS:NO/NCIS:LA/Scorpion/JAG are all in the same universe. Weird crossover.

Whatever you do, don't look up how Detective Munch fits things together.

We're talking Arrested Development and the X-Files taking place in the same universe.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I wouldn't be surprised if Katharine McPhee's Scorpion character used to be roommates with Kat Dennings' 2 Broke Girls character.

I'm kinda in love with Kingdom. It's rare to find a show where you actually like and are invested in every character. And it's a surprise to me because the subject matter is not something I'm generally the least bit interested in. (MMA stuff.)

I wonder if I should make an OT...

The short version of those two editorials: The sinking tide scuttles all boats

Optimistic view:

Because networks realize money can be made in the distant future via things like Netflix sales...

Quality matters. For the first time in history, it makes sense to keep a low rated show with critical acclaim around because you can sell it later.

That's great for the viewer.

Perhaps jamesinclair, but that doesn't explain why crap like Mulaney is still on the air.

Networks are just more likely to play out the initial orders for shows now. I'm not surprised, since most networks don't really have anything ready to take the place of their DOA shows.

Perhaps jamesinclair, but that doesn't explain why crap like Mulaney is still on the air.

Networks are just more likely to play out the initial orders for shows now. I'm not surprised, since most networks don't really have anything ready to take the place of their DOA shows.

Fox has literally no backups.

They can only air so many family guy repeats.

They probably regret canceling American dad

cory64

Gotham's bleeding
Wk 1   3.2
Wk 2   2.8
Wk 3   2.5
Wk 4   2.4
Wk 5   2.2

luckily that's had no effect on Sleepy Hollow
Wk 1   2.0
Wk 2   1.7
Wk 3   1.7
Wk 4   1.7
Wk 5   1.8

Penguin

Gotham's bleeding

Wk 1   3.2
Wk 2   2.8
Wk 3   2.5
Wk 4   2.4
Wk 5   2.2

luckily that's had no effect on Sleepy Hollow
Wk 1   2.0
Wk 2   1.7
Wk 3   1.7
Wk 4   1.7
Wk 5   1.8

Yeah, Gotham's got that Agents of SHIELD mojo going on.

Though much like that show, does really well with +3/+7 numbers.

Tamanon

Banned
No big deal for Gotham. Everything slid for that hour except Big Bang Theory which is done on Mondays now. Season 2 is guaranteed, so that's all I care about!

No big deal for Gotham. Everything slid for that hour except Big Bang Theory which is done on Mondays now. Season 2 is guaranteed, so that's all I care about!

Is that true? I have every episode on my DVR but I am not going to watch it until I am sure it is safe. I have been Fox'ed to many times already.

abundant

Is that true? I have every episode on my DVR but I am not going to watch it until I am sure it is safe. I have been Fox'ed to many times already.

While it hasn't been announced, a second season was all but guaranteed once the Netflixs deal was announced. Also, despite the ratings slipping every week, it's still doing better than a lot of other shows on FOX.

- TVbtN with a full set of Monday numbers.
On NBC, The Voice earned a 3.3, down seven tenths from last week's 4.0 adults 18-49 rating. The Blacklist scored a 2.4, down four tenths from last week's 2.8 adults 18-49 rating.

On CBS, The Big Bang Theory garnered a 4.4, down a tenth from last week's 4.5 adults 18-49 rating. The Millers second season premiere earned a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, down a tenth from last season's finale. Scorpion matched last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. NCIS: Los Angeles earned a 1.7, up a tenth from last week's series low 1.6 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, Gotham scored a 2.2, down two tenths from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Sleepy Hollow earned a 1.8, up a tenth from last week's 1.7 adults 18-49 rating.

On ABC, Dancing with the Stars matched last week's 2.0 adults 18-49 rating. Castle earned a 1.6, down three tenths from last week's 1.9 adults 18-49 rating.

On The CW The Originals matched last week's 0.7 adults 18-49 rating. Jane the Virgin scored a 0.7, up a tenth from last week's 0.6 adults 18-49 rating.

Shh, nobody tell the gamergaters or we'll have to deal with tvgate.
Yikes, that's a terrifying thought.

Patryn

Yeah, Gotham's got that Agents of SHIELD mojo going on.

Though much like that show, does really well with +3/+7 numbers.

There was a Grantland article last week or so that think pointed out what the problem with Gotham and Agents of SHIELD is. They're both shows that are sold on the ideas of superheroes, but then seem to avoid superheroes like the plague.

Compare to The Flash which actually makes good and thus far seems to be holding its audience.

Then again, watch it fall off a cliff this week to prove me wrong.

There's also that whole thing about The Flash being more entertaining than SHIELD and Gotham, and I'm saying that as someone who likes SHIELD and Gotham.

beat

There was a Grantland article last week or so that think pointed out what the problem with Gotham and Agents of SHIELD is. They're both shows that are sold on the ideas of superheroes, but then seem to avoid superheroes like the plague.
Yeah, I understand that SHIELD doesn't have the budget to be "an hour of the Avengers every week". But earlier in the first season, there was some villain who possibly did things with mind control and Coulson and company acted like that was completely impossible. W.T.F. This is the MCU, not X-Files and esp not Law and Order.

Yeah, I understand that SHIELD doesn't have the budget to be "an hour of the Avengers every week. But earlier in the first season, there was some villain who possibly did things with mind control and Coulson and company acted like that was completely impossible. W.T.F. This is the MCU, not X-Files and esp not Law and Order.

I think the problem is that people realize that shows about men in tights can hold the attention of young teen males for maybe 90 minutes but after that theres just no substance to keep people coming back. The stories are too cliche and known.

This isnt the 70s. People expect more from TV than repeat of the week, which is all that superheroes are good for. Keep those shows on cartoon network, where kids dont mind watching the same thing over and over again and are too young to understand quality.

Or, alternatively, on CBS.

Clevinger

Yeah, I understand that SHIELD doesn't have the budget to be "an hour of the Avengers every week. But earlier in the first season, there was some villain who possibly did things with mind control and Coulson and company acted like that was completely impossible. W.T.F. This is the MCU, not X-Files and esp not Law and Order.

IIRC it was something very specific like precognition that they'd never seen before so they assumed it was fake.
And it turned out to be fake.
Shield hasn't exactly shied away from other types of superpowers, with iceman, that mind control lady, cyborg dude, asian fire dude etc.

Maybe CBS will be open to their Supergirl showing up in Arrow/Flash.

I think the problem is that people realize that shows about men in tights can hold the attention of young teen males for maybe 90 minutes but after that theres just no substance to keep people coming back. The stories are too cliche and known.

This isnt the 70s. People expect more from TV than repeat of the week, which is all that superheroes are good for. Keep those shows on cartoon network, where kids dont mind watching the same thing over and over again and are too young to understand quality.

Or, alternatively, on CBS.

SHIELDs only problem is that they chose to focus on Skye and Ward, and they are not interesting characters at all. People love stuff involving super heroes though. All the movies have done great, and we are lucky enough to be getting a huge influx of them in the coming years. They just need to open it up more on the TV show. I think the netflix shows will do really well once they start up.

beat

IIRC it was something very specific like precognition that they'd never seen before so they assumed it was fake.
Yeah, but even so. It's like that example about there being no 15 foot tall people. You meet someone who's 14'11", that's still technically not a disproof, but you're probably going to not think someone being 15 feet tall is impossible anymore.

danielcw

I haven't seen the TV trailers the networks do,
but it was clear on both shows that there are no super heroes.

there was some villain who possibly did things with mind control and Coulson and company acted like that was completely impossible. W.T.F. This is the MCU, not X-Files and esp not Law and Order.
But the MCU is pretty free of Supernatural stuff. So far everything has been in the realm of science.

Keep those shows on cartoon network, where kids dont mind watching the same thing over and over again and are too young to understand quality.

I kinda dislike this attitude.
What is this quality kinds can not understand?

And have you seen more recent superhero stuff, like the DC(AU) shows. It is not the same thing every week.

But the MCU is pretty free of Supernatural stuff. So far everything has been in the realm of science.

The MCU is completely free of supernatural powers at the moment. Everything is science based. Even the "magic" that the Asguardians use is described as extremely advanced science.

I haven't seen the TV trailers the networks do,
but it was clear on both shows that there are no super heroes.

I kinda dislike this attitude.
What is this quality kinds can not understand?

And have you seen more recent superhero stuff, like the DC(AU) shows. It is not the same thing every week.

I just mean that kids, and old people, are ok with seeing the same thing over and over again.

Aka, the scooby doo formula. New episodes, sane exact thing.

Or just the quantity of reruns on kids channels.

It's 2014. People want lost, breaking bad, etc. Real stories, real movement.

There's a place for super heroes, and it's Nickelodeon and CBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom