• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

It's based on a fact (Mulaney had its order reduced) and an inference (Shows that don't get back orders don't get renewed). The inference is likely but not certain.

a) I agree
b) I learned a new English word, thank you :)

For TV shows we know that a show is cancelled: casts and crew are released, sets are struck, the show is pulled off the air.

I don't think sets are always struck, maybe others want to use them.
Not saying that it happens often, no idea.
But it does.

I wasn't going to respond,
Why not?

TheOddOne

- THR: Kyle Killen Inks Overall Deal With Paramount TV
After years at 20th Century Fox Television, the showrunner behind Awake, Mind Games and Lone Star has inked an overall deal with Paramount Television and Anonymous Content, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Under the two-year, first-look deal, Killen will develop scripted fare for broadcast, cable, premium cable and streaming services. Additionally, Killen has launched a production shingle, ironically called Chapter Eleven, and tapped former AMC scripted vp Scott Pennington to oversee the company. Paramount TV and Anonymous Content will have first-look rights to produce and distribute Chapter Eleven fare.
"We are thrilled that through our partnership with Anonymous, we will be collaborating with Kyle and Scott to create complex, character-driven programming that is representative of an exciting new age of television entertainment,” Paramount TV president Amy Powell said.
Seems like the best place to post this.

Sorry crude joke, I'll leave now.

- Wednesday numbers from HitFix:
8 p.m. - FOX's World Series coverage led the 8 p.m. hour with 10.99 million viewers and a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49. CBS' "Survivor: San Juan Del Sur" was second with 9.11 million viewers and a 2.2 key demo rating, down from last week. NBC's "The Mysteries of Laura" was down with 8.07 million viewers for third and flat with a 1.3 key demo rating for fourth. ABC followed with "The Middle" (7.23 million and a 2.0 key demo) and "The Goldbergs" (6.98 million and a 2.2 key demo). The CW's "Arrow" averaged 2.5 million viewers and a 0.9 key demo rating, also beating NBC in the 18-34 demo.

9 p.m. - Baseball held its overall advantage for FOX, averaging 10.87 million viewers, but slipped to second with a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49 in the 9 p.m. hour. CBS' "Criminal Minds" was second with 9.83 million viewers and third with a 2.4 key demo rating. ABC won the hour in the key demo and finished third overall with "Modern Family" (9.97 million and a 3.3 key demo rating) and "Black-ish" (8.01 million viewers and a 2.5 key demo). NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" was fourth with 7.23 million viewers and a 1.6 key demo rating. The CW's "The 100" premiere averaged 1.56 million viewers and a 0.5 key demo rating, not all that different from what it was doing in the late spring.

10 p.m. - "Stalker" averaged 7.32 million viewers and a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49 to win the 10 p.m. hour for CBS, just ahead of the 6.83 million viewers and 1.5 key demo rating for NBC's "Chicago PD." ABC's "Nashville" averaged 5.405 million viewers and a 1.4 key demo rating.

ivysaur12

Banned
It has a bunch more critical reception behind it from what I can tell, unlike Reign which is pulling about the same numbers (even though it's just as good imo)

Regardless of critical reception (which I think is a bit BS and I find Reign to be a much more capable show than The 100, but whatever), but Reign is a CBS-produced show that will have 44 episodes at the end of this season on a network that desires parity between its CBS and WB shows.

Joni

It has a bunch more critical reception behind it from what I can tell, unlike Reign which is pulling about the same numbers (even though it's just as good imo)
Let's be honest, they need room. They could very well cancel both Reign and The 100 if they want. I also fear for The 100, but I have been doubting its viability since last year. I don't think either it or Reign could survive without the lead-in.

Let's be honest, they need room. They could very well cancel both Reign and The 100 if they want. I also fear for The 100, but I have been doubting its viability since last year. I don't think either it or Reign could survive without the lead-in.
Yeah, that what frightens me. Love both shows. Never thought I would enjoy Reign the way I have. I just gotta prevent myself from speculating. If Beauty and athe Beast last longer than these two........

Anyone else watch Happyland. The twist could be seen coming a mile away. Katherine McNamara was great in it. Not as adoring as Faking It is. It's the spiritual progressive succesor to Gilmore and Bunheads.

mm04

Oh my god and it's also devoid of shitty comments (or comments at all most of the time). Amazing!

TVBTN is shitty guesswork and editorializing coupled with an idiots comment section where everyone is hoping everything gets canceled. I stopped going there long ago.

Sober

TVBTN is shitty guesswork and editorializing coupled with an idiots comment section where everyone is hoping everything gets canceled. I stopped going there long ago.
seriously i swear the tvbtn comments section is populated by scullibundo clones/alt accounts or something

danielcw

seriously i swear the tvbtn comments section is populated by scullibundo clones/alt accounts or something

There are some good people there. Some give other rating data, that do not appear on the site, some compile some new statistics, and some apear to have good knowledge. You can follow those via Discus.
Actually I think the comment section of TVBTN is pretty nice, not sure where the hate comes from.

I actually wanted to post some additonial statistics there myself, but I haven't yet wrote the software to make them.

Literally: WHO POSTS IN THE TVBTN COMMENTS SECTION?! Like, WHO. What type of person does that?

Me.
Not sure what you mean by "type of person"

Literally: WHO POSTS IN THE TVBTN COMMENTS SECTION?! Like, WHO. What type of person does that?

Oh god, I used to read those comments every day. There was some guy whose name was Rob60990 or something like that who was the literal worst. For years, every day, he'd be one of the first commentors and he'd always say something incredibly stupid/negative/mean-spirited. Not that the rest of the commentors there are any better.

Anyway, just catching up on the numbers for the season. Crazy that B99 is, like, legitimately a hit now. A 2.5 on Fox is, like, amazing for a show like that, even with football and stuff as its lead-in.

G0523

Oh god, I used to read those comments every day. There was some guy whose name was Rob60990 or something like that who was the literal worst. For years, every day, he'd be one of the first commentors and he'd always say something incredibly stupid/negative/mean-spirited. Not that the rest of the commentors there are any better.

He's pretty terrible. I remember there was this one commentor on there who would have like 2 full paragraphs ready to go about how Revenge was such a flop and Scandal is demolishing it and he was always first. It never made any sense because those shows weren't even competing against each other! They were on the same damn network on completely different days! I think maybe TVBTN hires people to comment very negative and trolley comments just so they have readers coming back to their pages.

I think I will try out Showbuzzdaily though. They look like they have all of the information with none of the nonsense.

BTW, ABC announced that they're ordering a few more episodes of their shows that are doing well, including the entire Wednesday comedy block, Grey's Anatomy, Castle, and Once Upon a Time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm honestly surprised by how many of you guys were unaware of Showbuzzdaily - I've been using it for a few months now. Guess I should have mentioned it sooner!

Eww, Yahoo comments...
Yeah, that what frightens me. Love both shows. Never thought I would enjoy Reign the way I have. I just gotta prevent myself from speculating. If Beauty and athe Beast last longer than these two........

Anyone else watch Happyland. The twist could be seen coming a mile away. Katherine McNamara was great in it. Not as adoring as Faking It is. It's the spiritual progressive succesor to Gilmore and Bunheads.

... I thought "Happyland" was a Scorpion reference for a second of her maybe getting a lot more screen time in the last episode and in turn more permanent head cold voice, which I haven't watched yet. *Cough*

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SHIELD can't stop the bleeding. It makes no sense =\

Unless they increased the budget and get some of the MCU heroes on in cameo episodes, it makes perfect sense.

Fuzzy said:
OMG, time for another title change!

Looks like CSI... (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■) needs to investigate it's cancellation.

(Too long though)

TheOddOne

- TMZ: TLC Cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
TLC has CANCELLED "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" TMZ has learned, in the wake of our story that Mama June is dating a convicted child molester who sexually abused one of her relatives.
animation1otbdy.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How well do we think Constantine will do tonight? It is, of course, based on a very popular comic series, not to mention that it was one of the top 5 trending (on social media) new series before the start of the season, along with Gotham (one of Fox's only bright spots this season), How to Get Away with Murder (the biggest new show of the fall), The Flash (which has been a smash), and NCIS: New Orleans (which has done almost as well as the regular NCIS). And out of those 5, Constantine ranked #1. Will that translate into monster ratings or will it sink into the depths of hell?!

Working against it - reviews have been mixed/negative and it's airing against game 3 of the World Series.

Prediction!

Constantine - 1.7

Palmer_v1

How well do we think Constantine will do tonight? It is, of course, based on a very popular comic series, not to mention that it was one of the top 5 trending (on social media) new series before the start of the season, along with Gotham (one of Fox's only bright spots this season), How to Get Away with Murder (the biggest new show of the fall), The Flash (which has been a smash), and NCIS: New Orleans (which has done almost as well as the regular NCIS). And out of those 5, Constantine ranked #1. Will that translate into monster ratings or will it sink into the depths of hell?!

Working against it - reviews have been mixed/negative and it's airing against game 3 of the World Series.

Prediction!

Constantine - 1.7

Too much of the audience that might have made it trend will be watching World Series baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom