• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
So... Bringing the Sci-Fi back into SyFy? I remember when Bonnie Hammer was in charge and clearly hated it while trying to get away from it when ever she could... Only for it Sci-F and Fantasy to grow significantly in popularity on TV in recent years.

DWTS 2.1 with over 13M viewers, 2.2 with just over 10M viewers and then Gotham also with a 2.2 with only 5.8M viewers, damn. I know there's a further breakdown of the demos out there but that's a lot of people 50+ (or under 18... But more likely not) watching those two shows.

For the most part, the stars on Dancing with the Stars are really only known by the 50+ or -18.

Here's an idea: BRING BACK WAREHOUSE 13. Christ, that was an idiotic decision. Almost as dumb as making Myka and Pete fall in love.

We're talking about the network that canceled Farscape...
and didn't bring it back despite having one of the most massive and organized "save the show" campaigns

Sober

Rafa pls

At its worst it's Happy Endings lite, but the good Happy Endings, not the iffy Happy Endings of the first episodes
Marry Me has a better follow up but it still felt a little slow to me. I'm kinda glad in retrospect that ABC didn't air the first season of Happy Endings in production order, honestly.

It is so bad right now. I used to watch it with my wife but when we saw it come up in our queue we both grimaced and found something else. I do not think I'll be returning to the show.

Pretty much same here, except my wife still watches. I caught some of the 3rd episode and saw the amnesia angle which cemented my decision to continue not watching.

Linius

I'm kinda glad in retrospect that ABC didn't air the first season of Happy Endings in production order, honestly.

I'm watching it in production order for the first time and I'm right in it. Doesn't feel like a slow start, good fun.

But then again, I also liked the first season of Parks & Rec. A season that almost everyone seems to hate :p

anaron

(I know I'm being a shit but)

You do know that a 2.0 or higher would make the Flash the highest rated show in CW's history? It's not going to happen.

‘The Flash’ Premiere Ratings: Most Watched CW Telecast Ever

The final tally is in. The series premiere of CW’s new drama The Flash pulled in 6.8M total viewers in final Live+7 ratings, making it the most watched telecast in the network’s history. The debut episode of The Flash rose +41% in total viewers in L+7 vs Live + same day total, and jumped +37% in Adults 18-34 and +39% in Adults 18-49. The series premiere has been seen more than 13 million times across all platforms.

9I3LNkd.gif

Daithi

Neo Member
So is Manhattan Love Story officially done? I quite liked it but I seemed to have been in the minority on this since the trailers - thought it was much stronger than A to Z which is viewed far more favourably here.

beat

As he alludes to though, cable has become a great place for sitcoms lately. So many great ones debuted on cable this past season. If broadcast has ever had a season that gave us something like Broad City, Review, You're The Worst, Married, Rick and Morty, Playing House, Garfunkel and Oates*, Benched** - even after deducting points for not having to make 22 episodes a year - that would have been an outstanding season. And I'm probably forgetting or leaving out the pay cable and streaming ones too.

* TBH, I like G&O a lot but it's a notch below most of the others I mentioned.

** probably, anyways.

It's a real shame the networks have gone in so hard on high concept pitches. Slightly lower concept stuff like Community ('s original premise), Go On, etc, are more than enough to hang a cast around. Hell, if anything Happy Endings was handicapped at first by having to service its premise at first before they could ditch it and just be a hangout sitcom.

- Adalian takes a look at a few of the freshman shows: How Close to Cancellation Are These 10 New Fall TV Shows?

ABC shouldnt have cancelled Suburgatory
NBC shouldnt have cancelled Community
Fox should have bought Siberia

One thing the article doesnt talk about is how all the shows that arent doing well? Yeah, none of them are actually good.

I gave Selfie, A to Z and Manhattan 2 episodes. They all lost me.

Even Mixology had more staying power.

I wonder if The Last Man on Earth will actually air.

EulaCapra

If Marry Me gets canceled by next year...
zDU57QQ.gif

Show hits all the right notes coming from Happy Endings save the fat guy who's more just annoying fat loser than funny.

Sci fi can be popular?! Who knew.

Not like some of the biggest shows and movies have ever been science fiction, oh wait....

But seriously, good news!

I believe there were some changes at the network and the directional shift away from Sci Fi was an attempt to bank on the lower cost and boon in popularity of "reality." Glad to see a shift back to what it should be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom