• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who hasn't seen The Missing yet (BBC One in UK - starts tonight on Starz in the US) I thoroughly recommend it.

It revolves around the story of a Dad searching for his son who went missing six years earlier whilst their family were on holiday in France.

Eight part series all told. I'm three episodes in and it's easily the best new show of the Autumn season for me. Well acted, with a great script thusfar and the direction is such that it gives just enough tantalising hints at deeper stories yet to be uncovered - allowing the viewer to speculate whilst not giving the whole game away. Exactly what I want from a mystery drama.

Plus, episode 3 had one of the best
chase sequences
I've ever seen on TV.

tl;dr? Think original Broadchurch meets The Bridge but done by the BBC so you know it's quality. It's so good so far that I fully expect Fox will be making a word for word remake in three years time.

I'm loving it so far. Had no idea it was showing on Starz, I've just been seeing it pop up on some of my DL sites. Wish more UK shows would get aired over here though.

But yeah, that Ep3 sequence was brilliant.

Also, Ripper Street is back!

danceparty.gif

How is Benched doing? I just caught the first episode and really enjoyed it. Great cast. Love Eliza Coupe, Jay Harrington, and the judge. And thr bailiff is the dude from Reno 911!

G0523

How is Benched doing? I just caught the first episode and really enjoyed it. Great cast. Love Eliza Coupe, Jay Harrington, and the judge. And thr bailiff is the dude from Reno 911!

Dammit! I keep on forgetting this is on! I haven't watched any episodes yet despite really wanting to.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia none of the episodes have even cracked a million viewers. :(
I am part of the problem.

They fucking cancelled Selfie before I even had a chance to watch it?

The only good thing to come out of Dr. Who was finding out that Karen Gillan is hot as fuck, and now her New Girl moment is dashed just like that?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Also question: If I don't have a nielsen box, does my viewership count towards ratings at all, and if so, how?

Terrell

Also question: If I don't have a nielsen box, does my viewership count towards ratings at all, and if so, how?
It doesn't.
Networks have a hard-on for Nielsen ratings.

If you want your viewership counted, you'll have to go digital, as networks can track everything there.

But even then, your viewership counts lower than a Nielsen viewer, because there's no ad dollars to be made from iTunes season passes.

Grizzo

I hope it will do just enough for getting a season two on lock but it seems like it's not doing so great at the moment :(

Dammit! I keep on forgetting this is on! I haven't watched any episodes yet despite really wanting to.

Anyway, according to Wikipedia none of the episodes have even cracked a million viewers. :(
I am part of the problem.

Well get on it because it's a good show! Eliza Coupe can sell even the weakest lines with her facial expressions. Not to say that the writing is lame by the way, because I think it's pretty solid. I laughed quite sometimes during the first two episodes.

Benched, pls survive. I love Eliza Coupe, she needs to remain on television forever in her perfection.

She's total wife material, in both Happy Endings and here

TripOpt55

After five episodes, I have dropped How to Get Away With Murder. I thought the setup in the pilot was pretty interesting but before long it devolved into more what I was expecting the show to be to begin with. Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait so Supernatural ISNT confirmed to be ending this season? o_O

son of a bitch... how many more times can sam or dean die?

DarkFlow

Banned
They fucking cancelled Selfie before I even had a chance to watch it?

The only good thing to come out of Dr. Who was finding out that Karen Gillan is hot as fuck, and now her New Girl moment is dashed just like that?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

I won't worry too much about her. She's got a nice Marvel contract to cost off of for awhile. She'll find something else to do.

Malvingt2

The Flash Hits Highest Rating Since Premiere In Live +3

The Flash continues to run strong in the ratings, reaching its highest rating in the Live +3 viewing category since the premiere.

As The CW announced yesterday, The Flash’s delayed viewings for last week’s episode, “Plastique,” spike by 58% in total viewers compared to Live and Same Day viewings. With a gain of more than 2 millions viewers, “Plastique” became The Flash’s most-watched installment since its sophomore episode, “Fastest Man Alive.” Even bigger however, is the series' 55% jump in the +A18-34 category, from 1.2 to 1.85 million, giving the Flash its highest rating yet since its pilot episode in October. And finally, The Flash was also the highest rated broadcast show last Tuesday, November 11th, with a 73% rise in in the M18-34 category.

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/17/the-flash-hits-highest-rating-since-premiere-in-live-3/

CW= Happy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nay! Eliza Coupe needs this!

Nah, it looks bad.

After White Collar is done in the next three weeks (? Or four, forgetting how many episodes have aired of it's "last" season/6 episode run) USA only has:

Suits (Which is great)
Necessary Roughness (which was cancelled IIRC?)
Graceland (which I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop if next season/3 is stupid as this past one)
Covert Affairs (which I dropped after season 3 but apparently it got a MAJOR tonal shift)

going for it. Of which I only watch about 3. Everything else on the network I watched either ended (Burn Notice/"Psych"/White Collar/Monk) or got cancelled (Psych).

Saw the new thread title and feared it was BoJack Horseman.

Then I remembered that Netflix picked up BoJack for a second season almost immediately.

Phew.

Nah, it looks bad.

After White Collar is done in the next three weeks (? Or four, forgetting how many episodes have aired of it's "last" season/6 episode run) USA only has:

Suits (Which is great)
Graceland (which I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop if next season/3 is stupid as this past one)
Covert Affairs (which I dropped after season 3 but apparently it got a MAJOR tonal shift)

going for it. Of which I only watch about 3. Everything else on the network I watched either ended (Burn Notice/"Psych"/White Collar/Monk) or got cancelled (Psych).

Necessary Rougness was indeed cancelled and I think Covert Affairs is on it's last leg.

Catdaddy

Nah, it looks bad.

Suits (Which is great)

USA had the best shows several years ago, much better than it's parent company NBC had during the regular season. After White Collar the only one I'll watch will be Covert Affairs, which I almost gave up on, but they did a total shift the storyline and it got interesting again. I gave up on Royal Pains last season, and not sure how much more it has in it. I'm sure it's good, but couldn't get into Suits and Graceland wanted to be a replacement for Burn Notice (it needed to end, talk about a show losing it's direction).

Kinda pissed about the Millers ending, the article I read (my wife found it on Facebook) said that it was doing well because it followed TBBT, and lost ratings when it moved, and as an intro to Scorpion was negatively impacting its ratings.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Necessary Rougness was indeed cancelled and I think Covert Affairs is on it's last leg.

Then that leaves Suits and Graceland. One of which is pretty much hot fire for the network. The other is coming hot on the heels of the showrunners previous (good/great) show but with stupid storylines (bad).

Frankly, while I'm glad USA gave White Collar a 6-episode "ending" I honestly would take more of that over Graceland.

Holy shit, Ted! Now I have to find this.
I think the only way that doesn't happen is if the CW totally shutters its doors or Grant Gustin ends up in some horrible sex scandal.

image.php

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So I think we can guarantee another DC show next season for the CW?
We'll be getting another one sooner than that: iZombie.

Almost assuredly not in the Arrowverse and who knows when it will air with how successful CW has been this season, but still.

Schlep

Not really.
I'm sure Constantine will get a second season. I'd be surprised if NBC was expecting a ratings blockbuster at 10:00 PM on a Friday night, and it's consistently one of the top shows on Hulu.

Combined with the fact that it's obviously made on a CW alike budget, I'd expect them to give it another season to see if it can establish a fanbase.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm sure Constantine will get a second season. I'd be surprised if NBC was expecting a ratings blockbuster at 10:00 PM on a Friday night, and it's consistently one of the top shows on Hulu.

Combined with the fact that it's obviously made on a CW alike budget, I'd expect them to give it another season to see if it can establish a fanbase.

Not to be crass, but there's very little chance that Constantine will get a second season, and at this point I'd be surprised to see it get a back order of any kind (though it's possible, I suppose).

NBC was actually expecting the show to generate ratings traction -- that's what every network does when they order a show to air. Obviously not at the way in which a show on Monday through Thursday might do, but Constantine has really underperformed even on a Friday night at 10. Couple that with lukewarm critical response and the fact that they have a show waiting in the wings that will do as well and cost maybe an eighth of what Constantine costs (Hannibal) means that it's not long for this world.

And to make matters worse, it's a show owned by Warner, not Universal.

None of the guys from Psych are doing anything currently I think. USA should just bring it back!

James Roday has been doing some films actually. No sure what Dule is up to.

Not to be crass, but there's very little chance that Constantine will get a second season, and at this point I'd be surprised to see it get a back order of any kind (though it's possible, I suppose).

NBC was actually expecting the show to generate ratings traction -- that's what every network does when they order a show to air. Obviously not at the way in which a show on Monday through Thursday might do, but Constantine has really underperformed even on a Friday night at 10. Couple that with lukewarm critical response and the fact that they have a show waiting in the wings that will do as well and cost maybe an eighth of what Constantine costs (Hannibal) means that it's not long for this world.

And to make matters worse, it's a show owned by Warner, not Universal.

There's still a chance though! I wouldn't want the shows fate to be sealed by people abandoning it because they think cancellation is a forgone conclusion. It has been improving in quality with each episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom