• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Did you see what they posted about Constantine? They're writing that show off as cancelled too!

What the hell?! I will laugh my ass off if NBC decides to renew Constantine like they have with Hannibal.

To be fair, a lot of the signs are pointing to Constantine being done.

speaking of DC, any word on iZombie?

ivysaur12

Banned
It's much more likely that Constantine could get a second season compared to a Mulaney or Red Band Society, which are pretty much done. I still don't think it's likely for any of the three, but dealing in absolutes is sort of pointless.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Did you see what they posted about Constantine? They're writing that show off as cancelled too!

What the hell?! I will laugh my ass off if NBC decides to renew Constantine like they have with Hannibal.

Yeah, I did. To be fair, Constantine's chances aren't great, but TVBTN does have a shitty attitude about that one, too.

Its hard to program for Friday night.

It all depends if NBC can find something else, which is doubtful. Are they stewing any new reality shows?

ivysaur12

Banned
There is literally nothing lost by going "it's unlikely that this show will return, even if the network is leaving the door open due to XYZ signs" because it's true, it's more civil, and there's less of a chance to end up with an egg on your face when something like Dollhouse/Chuck/Fringe/Hannibal/Mindy happens.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Agents of Shield should pretty much be locked for a third season correct? its so much better now compared to season 1 its not even funny

- Wednesday numbers from SBD:
CW: THE FLASH visited Starling City, and ARROW leaped by half a point–which at CW means more than 50%–to a season high 1.4. That glow didn’t reach THE 100, though, which merely held last week’s 0.5.

NBC: CHRISTMAS IN ROCKEFELLER CENTER was down 0.4 from last year’s edition at 1.9. The SNL clip show that followed was also at 1.9.

ABC: A truly terrible night for the network’s strongest line-up, with season lows hit or tied across the board. THE MIDDLE dropped 0.6 to tie its series low 1.6, THE GOLDBERGS plunged 0.7 to 1.7, MODERN FAMILY fell an atrocious 0.9 to 2.8, BLACKISH lost 0.5 to 2.1, and NASHVILLE was weirdly enough the most stable, slipping 0.2 to 1.3.

CBS: 2 hours of SURVIVOR were at 2.1/2.0, essentially holding last week’s 1-hour 2.1. STALKER shed 0.1 to 1.5.

FOX: HELL’S KITCHEN was up 0.1 to 1.2, and the last scheduled episode of RED BAND SOCIETY gained 0.2 to 0.9.

Also:

- Adalian for NY Mag: Network TV Is Suffering Through a Great Sitcom Recession. Here’s How to Pull Out of It

Palmer_v1

JdFoX187

Banned
I stopped watching Legends after episode 2 or 3, does it get better?

Much. It really picks up toward the second half of the season when they start answering questions about his past. The season finale really opens the door for an awesome second season. Glad to hear it was renewed.

Tamanon

Banned
I need to catch up on Legends. I have the first episode recorded but never watched it. Was waiting to see if it would be picked up before I dove in. Good to know!

Meier

I stopped watching Legends after episode 2 or 3, does it get better?

I'm in the same boat. Watched the first and maybe the 2nd episode? Didn't dislike it or anything but didn't keep up with it. Sounds like some other folks enjoyed it though so maybe I'll go back to it.

Didn't know Memles wrote for AV Club (I never visit these kinds of sites tbh). Good for him.

I'm in the same boat. Watched the first and maybe the 2nd episode? Didn't dislike it or anything but didn't keep up with it. Sounds like some other folks enjoyed it though so maybe I'll go back to it.

Didn't know Memles wrote for AV Club (I never visit these kinds of sites tbh). Good for him.

WarrenMax007 and Meier, dont bother watching legends. it devolves into silly procedural that becomes a chore to watch. I'd rather this show cancelled than Dallas

Patryn

Lmao the Leftovers just topped Sepinwall's best of

puke

I gotta stand up for The Leftovers. I actually really loved that show, simply for the sense of oppression that hung over the whole thing.

I don't have a real problem if I'm in the minority on that.

Decado

Much. It really picks up toward the second half of the season when they start answering questions about his past. The season finale really opens the door for an awesome second season. Glad to hear it was renewed.

Did the action improve? It was awful in the first few episodes, even beyond it's PG-ish presentation.

Sober

Oh boy, Leftovers talk returns. Just shoot me now before I hear about how Damon Lindelof molested you while you were watching the final season of Lost.

beat

I don't fully agree with that piece, esp #3. ABC created a bunch of singles/20-something* sitcoms and then churned them because none of them were Modern Family-level hits. But it's not like they weren't also developing family sitcoms too, and when they had Trophy Wife (BTW, yes, not a great name), a perfect fit after MF, they never gave it the MF lead-in.

* characters, if not actors

IMO ABC would have been better off trying to develop a family sitcom night and a 20-something singles sitcom night rather than trying to launch dissimilar shows after MF.

And I don't really buy that America really wants to watch multi-cams. Even TV Land is developing single-cams now. TV Land!

The piece also gives very little discussion to why cable comedies, and esp cable sitcoms, are having a strong moment right now (creatively, anyways).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
real talk. I like Forever :(

the main is charming, the girl is cute, the idea is cool. fuck all of youse! :(

ivysaur12

Banned
animation1oqpq6.gif

QUOTING THIS FOR TONIGHT

Wiktor

There is literally nothing lost by going "it's unlikely that this show will return, even if the network is leaving the door open due to XYZ signs" because it's true, it's more civil, and there's less of a chance to end up with an egg on your face when something like Dollhouse/Chuck/Fringe/Hannibal/Mindy happens.

I think it adds some spice to predictions and it's always fun when Bear turns out to be horribly wrong. And with the increase of importance of international and digital it will be happening more an more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom