• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
If someone looks at Walkens filmography and calls it niche/not mainstream that is...unfathomable. Age is not a factor in never having seen movies like Pulp Fiction, Batman Returns, True Romance or any of his endless SNL appearances unless you are under like 16. You have to actively avoid pop culture to avoid all of those things.

He is up there with Pacino, Denirio, and their ilk of just having this sort of omnipresent existence in movies and TV. Not to mention how wide Walken impressions are in pop culture.

Ricker

Tomorrow. Finally bringing some entertainment to Sunday nights. It's like when everyone got to read The Great Gatsby in literature class. Finally a show with some plot and adventure to clear up such a murky night.

They are airing the first 2 episodes...I guess if its good,a OT might pop-up I guess.

berzeli

Banned
I kind of want to watch The Red Tent :/

I was so ready to berate you for watching Lifetime TV series instead of the films I recommended to you in the alphabet-soup thread. Then I watched the trailer and now I sort of want to watch it too. Godamnit.

Best part of the triler is when all the "academy nominated", "golden globe attendee" bollocks swishes by is the inclusion of "Game of Thrones' Iain Glen". Good on them for being honest about what they're trying to steal from.

Sober

So I've never watched The Newsroom, but tonight is the series finale and I hear it's especially terrible?

Should I be watching this one?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
completely off topic (since its over) but im slowly finishing HIMYM and these last few episodes are EXCRUTIATING. my god... what happened? I used to like the show.

stuff like Friends, Seinfeld, you name it, while not as good as early seasons never got this bad

beat

completely off topic (since its over) but im slowly finishing HIMYM and these last few episodes are EXCRUTIATING. my god... what happened? I used to like the show.

stuff like Friends, Seinfeld, you name it, while not as good as early seasons never got this bad
I mostly didn't watch the show before the final season, but for whatever reason I watched the entire final season as it aired... And I mostly liked it. The actual finale ep was tremendously frustrating even for me and I didn't invest nine years of viewing the show.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I mostly didn't watch the show before the final season, but for whatever reason I watched the entire final season as it aired... And I mostly liked it. The actual finale ep was tremendously frustrating even for me and I didn't invest nine years of viewing the show.

thankfully I already know what happens so I wont rage at least. And I would have, especially since I HATED that they kept going back to ted x robin every season

oh well, 4 more eps to go, I dont think I can handle more than 1 every couple of days, but Im one of those freaks that just NEEDS to finish any show they start :/

Link

The Autumn Wind

It's only gonna get worse. The ending is terribad.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was so ready to berate you for watching Lifetime TV series instead of the films I recommended to you in the alphabet-soup thread. Then I watched the trailer and now I sort of want to watch it too. Godamnit.

What films? Alphabet soup? Hm?

So I've never watched The Newsroom, but tonight is the series finale and I hear it's especially terrible?

Should I be watching this one?

Next week is the series finale. And it most likely won't even matter to you if you haven't seen the preceding episodes.

Nah.

Rhaknar

The Americans season 2 held up? I loved season 1

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
- 'The League' Renewed by FXX for 13-Episode Seventh & Final Season
FXX’s hit comedy series The League will return for its seventh and final season with 13 episodes in the fall of 2015, it was announced today by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions. The League, which just completed its sixth season, was created by the husband-and-wife team of Jeff Schaffer (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld) and Jackie Marcus Schaffer (Disturbia, Eurotrip) who serve as executive producers and directors. The series is produced by FX Productions.

Rhaknar

latest brooklyn nine nine was so good, I would like to announce the day the show is canceled, I am sacrificing Ivy to G'Naarghtmawl, the demon god of canceled tv shows

sorry Ivy :/

G0523

latest brooklyn nine nine was so good, I would like to announce the day the show is canceled, I am sacrificing Ivy to G'Naarghtmawl, the demon god of canceled tv shows

sorry Ivy :/

It's not getting cancelled anytime soon.
Ivy is safe for another year.

Rhaknar

It's not getting cancelled anytime soon.
Ivy is safe for another year.

I work under the assumption that any show I like is about to be canceled. I even worry that Game of Thrones will be canceled

not really but close

ivysaur12

Banned
I assumed/worried Fox would kill it off as part of the post-Reilly slate-clearing.

B99 is doing 23 episodes and Mindy just got a back order that will give it 21 episodes so I see both going another season. Brooklyn's turned into an asset for Fox.

saunderez

Cool, I guess. It's not really that good anymore, but they still hit one out of the park sometimes so I'll gladly finish the show.

Plus, more Rafi is always a good thing. Tummy's rumbling, time for a pocket dog.

I agree, I'm happy with it finishing. It seems like every episode is based around a dumb joke this season and its just not as consistently good as it was in previous seasons.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Not sure how I feel about the Continuum news. On one hand, I'm glad it's coming back, but on the other hand, I don't know how they're going to wrap everything up in 6 episodes.

Rhaknar

B99 is doing 23 episodes and Mindy just got a back order that will give it 21 episodes so I see both going another season. Brooklyn's turned into an asset for Fox.

tumblr_m1e56tgYui1rqnz7wo1_500.gif

speaking of community, when is that coming back? february?

Rhaknar

welp HIMYM finale was even worse than I expected, im glad I had it spoiled. What a shame, but at least thats done with. Will probably never rewatch the show in the years to come, unlike some of the classics.

JdFoX187

Banned
They were hoping for "seven to 10 seasons" for Continuum, but I think it's good they're going to cut it. They can only continue adding layer upon layer of intrigue and time travel fuckery before it just gets confusing. Glad they're going to have a chance to wrap it up. Hope they do it justice, it was one of my favorite shows.

beat

welp HIMYM finale was even worse than I expected, im glad I had it spoiled. What a shame, but at least thats done with. Will probably never rewatch the show in the years to come, unlike some of the classics.
If they'd only cut the last two-to-five minutes (
everything after revealing the Mother died
), the series finale would only have ruined the final season, not the entire show.

Rhaknar

If they'd only cut the last two-to-five minutes (
everything after revealing the Mother died
), the series finale would only have ruined the final season, not the entire show.

haha. wait why am I laughing, thats sadly accurate

beat

Pleasant surprise: Playing House gets an eight episode second season. Eps will premiere on VOD first, then USA. http://bit.ly/1zm0dQ3

Given the long delay and the low ratings, I thought for sure that it was a goner, so glad to hear it's back. And I guess Parham and St. Clair are vindicated for keeping the fans on Twitter stoked for this long.

When Narcos is coming to Netflix? It's 2015, but is it early 2015 or late 2015? It sounds amazing. Pablo Escobar, Medellín cartel, drug trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom