• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They, like most other dramas nowadays air their episodes straight through in the fall, have a winter finale then take a winter break and air the rest of the episodes in the spring straight through a couple of months later.
It's vastly preferable to having a whole bunch of small breaks through the season.
As to your question, The Blacklist returns February 1.

just felt like they stopped much earlier than most shows :)

anyway, since ive been playing catch up lately, finally finished last season's Justified, last season focused on going after Boyd is gonne be crazy.

Speaking of crazy, how many shows do we have starting early next year? Justified, The Americans, Archer, Agent Carter, im sure im forgeting a bunch more. Damn son, remember when shows were just in the fall? o_O

Agent Carter key art:

B4hB0iFCAAAGRHX.jpg:large
WARRANT~

anaron

Speaking of crazy, how many shows do we have starting early next year? Justified, The Americans, Archer, Agent Carter, im sure im forgeting a bunch more. Damn son, remember when shows were just in the fall? o_O
I love it.

More TV, less barren hiatuses, and production scheduling is (I assume) far more relaxed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt Hannibal also back in like February? hnggggggggg

Sober

I hope I don't have to watch AoS to watch Agent Carter.

And yes I heard AoS got much better but I forget when in S1 I stopped. So.

Rhaknar

Baller / Ivy, is there a site / spreadsheet of when every show is coming back from the break?

Rhaknar

The metacritic page I posted above is the most comprehensive list I've seen floating around.

oh I thought that was just for new shows premiering, not for shows on break. cool, thanks dude

beat

BROAD CITY BROAD CITY BROAD CITY

kulapik

TruTV has picked up "Those Who Can't", one of the shows on Amazon's first pilot batch. A pretty random pick, but whatever.

Also, Turner has now two comedy channels? The hell?

MTV is launching a new thriller called Eye Candy. This teaser looks damn good. I hope it'll be good, dark and violent.

BTW anyone doing an Ascension OT? I mean it's what people been waiting for, space opera TV Show.

berzeli

Banned
MTV is launching a new thriller called Eye Candy. This teaser looks damn good. I hope it'll be good, dark and violent.

BTW anyone doing an Ascension OT? I mean it's what people been waiting for, space opera TV Show.

That MTV show looks incredibly bland.

I'll do it if no one else feels like it, just realised I'll be able to watch it on HBO Nordic (unless they screw it up on the technical side of things again).

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I actually like the first teaser they released better. I'll give this show a shot. First MTV show I'll have watched. I'm also not so secretly excited for the Scream show that they're producing.

Patryn

Why is the CW waiting for? to confirmed season 2 for the Flash?

Here's a spoiler: There will be a season 2 of The Flash. I'm more than willing to bet that at this point even if the CW folded, one of the myriad of options (Netflix, Amazon, Yahoo, etc.) would pick up the show.

Watch the alternate ending for HIMYM.

then be completely depressed that they actually considered that at least but doubled down on the ending they shot 6 or 7 years ago

Are we sure they shot that ending that long ago? I remember quickly looking at the first episode after the ending and the kid is definitely older in the finale and even wearing different clothes.

Of course the story Ted was telling could have lasted a few years I guess...

berzeli

Banned
I really don't think Ascension is good enough to warrant its own OT, to be honest. :-/

But Helix got one!

Too late. :p

You've seen the entire thing? It kind of seems like a mixed bag from the trailers, but I adore 60's aesthetic and the reactions I've read have been mostly positive.

Sober

Are we sure they shot that ending that long ago? I remember quickly looking at the first episode after the ending and the kid is definitely older in the finale and even wearing different clothes.

Of course the story Ted was telling could have lasted a few years I guess...
They shot it back in season 2 or 3, in case they got canceled. The kids actually shot some promo footage (or something) for the final season, where they are much older than when it started.

ivysaur12

Banned
Too late. :p

You've seen the entire thing? It kind of seems like a mixed bag from the trailers, but I adore 60's aesthetic and the reactions I've read have been mostly positive.

I have not, but it's going to be getting really poor reviews and there's a sense of "why"? Also, there's a fucking dumb twist at the end of the pilot that made me completely lose interest.

Palmer_v1

I have not, but it's going to be getting really poor reviews and there's a sense of "why"? Also, there's a fucking dumb twist at the end of the pilot that made me completely lose interest.

I would like to know what the dumb twist is. Willing to spoiler tag it, or PM?

berzeli

Banned

Ah, oh well. The OT is going up in any case since there seems to be at least a modicum of interest (and I've already done some work on it).

I really don't think Ascension is good enough to warrant its own OT, to be honest. :-/

But Helix got one!

That bad? That sucks. I put it on my DVR because my To Do List looked so empty with nothing to record between the Sunday night premium cable stuff and Dreamy Dandy
AHS:Freak Show
on Wednesday.

Joni

Why is the CW waiting for? to confirmed season 2 for the Flash?
They're probably waiting to decide on which CBS show to renew. They waited until February last time to announce their early renewals, and it only included Reign as a surprise. So probably, they're thinking on how to handle that situation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom