• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

Déjà vu.

I managed to finish season 1. Tried the first episode of season 2 and just couldn't do it anymore. I think the pilot showed promise, but then it all went to hell.

This was me exactly. The Keystone cops act got tiring. At what point do you not trust random policeman assigned to you? Or never having backup available?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Beginning Jan. 1, 2015, HBO will no longer be distributing or confirming LIVE+SD viewership for our programming.

HBO subscribers have available to them an array of entry points to watch our programming – HBO linear feeds, DVR, HBO On Demand and HBO GO –and a single airing is no longer representative of an HBO show’s true audience size. Today, it is common for final gross-audience figures to grow anywhere from five to ten times viewership after an initial airing.

With this in mind, starting in 2015, HBO viewership figures will first be made available by us approximately two weeks after a program’s premiere, compiling LIVE+7 Nielsen and preliminary HBO On Demand and HBO GO data.

ivysaur12

Banned
I guess they want to only share the larger number which most people never pay attention to because it's already "old" by the time it's out.

Well, since they don't have advertisers, all of those numbers are just as important to their bottom line. It makes sense.

Also, nope, ABC. This is a promising sitcom. Why.

10426155_1587285798170785_87691256998769359_n.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Gordon Ramsay rules FOX. Hell's Kitchen renewed for 15th and 16th seasons!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/hell...of-hells-kitchen-are-coming/10152666164601478

FOX has ordered 15th and 16th seasons of the Gordon Ramsay-hosted culinary competition series HELL’S KITCHEN,it was announced today by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of FoxTelevision Group. In the hit cooking series, aspiring chefs are put through an intense culinary academy to prove they possess the right combination of ingredients to win a life-changing grand prize.

“We’ve always been huge fans of Gordon – he’s passionate,authentic and absolutely fearless, and that comes through in everything he does,” said Walden and Newman. “With his massive global brand and his unbelievably loyal fans, Gordon has become one of the biggest names in the culinary world and one of the biggest talents in television – and we’re ecstatic to extend our partnership with him and the incredible team at HELL'S KITCHEN.

Season 14 hasn't even started yet, but it's just steady money for them I guess.

GQman2121

Banned
Just saw the Fresh Off The Boat tv spot. ABC gives literally no fucks when it comes to naming their comedies. I mean, I am enjoying Blackish, but it's still a terrible name for a show.

beat

Just saw the Fresh Off The Boat tv spot. ABC gives literally no fucks when it comes to naming their comedies. I mean, I am enjoying Blackish, but it's still a terrible name for a show.
Yeah, but wasn't FOB named after the book? That, and the attitude, are way better than "Far East Orlando".

G0523

I'm kinda upset that ABC is airing FOB on Tuesdays. I understand that there is no other place to put it but geez, really? Hopefully it'll get some exposure for airing repeats on Wednesdays.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, since they don't have advertisers, all of those numbers are just as important to their bottom line. It makes sense.

Also, nope, ABC. This is a promising sitcom. Why.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1425813747_7718d9d652f7e97d6d17d40a411da1fc

I can understand what they're going for in terms of trying to make a quick point about the "Asian American" experience, but I really am skeptical that this will have any kind of life after its first episodes. Somehow Sullivan and Son keeps on trucking though. I'm sure TBS has much lower standards.

Oh, Canadians, I had no idea there was a Corner Gas reunion movie until it popped out. What a random and nice surprise... I haven't really thought of the show since it stopped airing.

G0523

I can understand what they're going for in terms of trying to make a quick point about the "Asian American" experience, but I really am skeptical that this will have any kind of life after its first episodes. Somehow Sullivan and Son keeps on trucking though. I'm sure TBS has much lower standards.

Sullivan and Son got cancelled about a month ago.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Oh, Canadians, I had no idea there was a Corner Gas reunion movie until it popped out. What a random and nice surprise... I haven't really thought of the show since it stopped airing.

It's even in theaters for some unknown freaking reason up here.. I'll never understand my fellow countrymen's obsession with that show.

It's like Americans and big bang theory. Why?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
greatest PoI ep in ages gets season low (series low?)... america, stop being lame please :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sullivan and Son got cancelled about a month ago.
Oh really? Well shit. Hawaii 5-0 is basically the only sort of Asian-focused show that has survived then. :p

It's even in theaters for some unknown freaking reason up here.. I'll never understand my fellow countrymen's obsession with that show.

It's like Americans and big bang theory. Why?
I think it's one of those things where it's a charming Canadian show and we're a people desperate for a cultural identity. That said, I enjoy it for what it is - a quirky character comedy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I didnt no...

...I do now tho :p

Why you gotta be like that, man? :(

---

White Collar's ending was pretty decent. I gotta say they got me with
Neal's death
. Totally didn't expect the twist that turned into a good end. Bravo Matt and Tim on that ending.

Edit: (spoilers) White Collars original ending just isn't as amazing as this one, it turns out.

Tamanon

Banned
Mr. Robot picked up to series. Actually looking forward to it!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

MR. ROBOT is a contemporary and culturally resonant drama about a young programmer, Elliot (Malek), who suffers from a debilitating anti-social disorder and decides that he can only connect to people by hacking them. He wields his skills as a weapon to protect the people that he cares about. Elliot will find himself in the intersection between a cybersecurity firm he works for and the underworld organizations that are recruiting him to bring down corporate America. Slater stars in the title role of Mr. Robot, a mysterious anarchist who recruits Elliot into an underground hacker group.

beat

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly has a back cover ad for Galavant: "a 4 week comedy extravaganza". ... Has Galavant always supposed to just run for 4 weeks?

G0523

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly has a back cover ad for Galavant: "a 4 week comedy extravaganza". ... Has Galavant always supposed to just run for 4 weeks?

Yes. That's how ABC is advertising it in the commercials as well.

Knew they were doubling up on episodes, since it's in OUAT's time slot, but I didn't realize that the order was only for 8 episodes. But then, Agent Carter is too.

Kevin

Super excited for Galavant which means it will probably do poorly in ratings. Would be nice if it's successful and gets the additional episodes as planned.

Well White Collar ended yesterday. And seeing as how the Covert Affairs season finale was made as a series finale, I guess that's probably coming to an end too. I have to admit, I'm going to miss the blue sky shows they've seemingly given up on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You can see (very very very brief) clips of all of HBO's upcoming new shows in their 2014 Year Ender video starting at 1:59 -

Togetherness
The Brink
Westworld (!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Ballers

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom