• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
TVLine looks forward to The Messengers.
Question: Can you give me anything on The Messengers!? Love the premise and the cast, but I’m quite let down that The CW gave them the Friday night death slot. – Marko
Answer: I would venture to say The CW knows precisely what it is doing with that one. Sorry.

Seems about right.

My wife and I watched the first 5 or 6 episodes of Benched. We kept waiting for it to move from fun to funny, and it never quite got there for us. We bailed.

I was sold by the bottle of wine line in episode 1.

EDIT: Just read the previous page.
ezxd31g.gif

Linius

SNlb.gif

Maybe this can get some universal use for sad news.

Wonder if we'll see Eliza Coupe and Jay Harrington back soon in something else. They have had some bad luck. Even though Happy Endings did get three seasons, that's more than Jay got on Better Off Ted.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ugh. Paired with Heroes and Aquarius.

I think it could work well as a summer series.

I'm thinking it's probably over for Looking after S2 if ratings don't pick up.

It's pulling in sub-Enlightened numbers and doesn't have a tenth of the critical/fan support that show did. HBO probably likes being one of the only channels on TV with a gay centric show though, so maybe they'll keep it around.

It probably isn't the right tread for this and nobody here cares anyway, but I want to vent somewhere - BBC's "In the Flesh" won't be returning for a third season.

Awful news. It was my favorite and most original zombie drama of the year ;_;

I'd heard good things about the show but never got around to watching it. Sucks for the fans. :/

berzeli

Banned
It probably isn't the right tread for this and nobody here cares anyway, but I want to vent somewhere - BBC's "In the Flesh" won't be returning for a third season.

Awful news. It was my favorite and most original zombie drama of the year ;_;

Hey, In the Flesh fans. This is what it felt like when your show killed The Fades... and now I'm sad we won't ever see more of The Fades. I mean it won the fucking Best Drama BAFTA :/

Oh BBC, your decision to pull the plug of BBC3 wasn't your fault but it sure ended up killing some nice things.

I'd heard good things about the show but never got around to watching it. Sucks for the fans. :/

This is a post zombie apocalypse world and all the zombies are being rehabilitated to the society by the government. It's seriously fantastic, especially the first season. There are only nine episodes in total (three in S1, six in S2), so everyone should definitely check it out, definitely worth the time.

Hey, In the Flesh fans. This is what it felt like when your show killed The Fades... and now I'm sad we won't ever see more of The Fades. I mean it won the fucking Best Drama BAFTA :/

Oh BBC, your decision to pull the plug of BBC3 wasn't your fault but it sure ended up killing some nice things.

In the Flesh won a BAFTA too :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I have no idea what other shows have done on SyFy recently so I wouldn't know how good that would be. Seems too high though.

Let's see, in season one:

Episode 1 & 2 - 0.6
Episode 3 - 0.4
Episode 4 - 0.4
Episode 5 - 0.4
Episode 6 - 0.5
Episode 7 - 0.3
Episode 8 - 0.4
Episode 9 - 0.4
Episode 10 - 0.4
Episode 11 - 0.5
Episode 12 - 0.4
Episode 13 - 0.4

A 1.6 seems a bit high, no? Seems like 0.6-0.5 is a good bet for a premiere.

This is a post zombie apocalypse world and all the zombies are being rehabilitated to the society by the government. It's seriously fantastic, especially the first season. There are only nine episodes in total (three in S1, six in S2), so everyone should definitely check it out, definitely worth the time.

Sounds good. I definitely intend to check it out at some point.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

...What were you and him expecting? Them to actually television-ize his book? That's hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

And I agree with him, but that isn't going to happen. His mistake was selling the book rights to make a TV show from it. He should've kept the rights to himself and at least did the work himself or something. Or just stuck to the book which (from my skimming of it, I should get around to ACTUALLY reading it) was GREAT.

berzeli

Banned
In the Flesh won a BAFTA too :(

Sure, but does In the Flesh contain the greatest masturbation scene put on TV?
2-1 to The Fades.

But yeah it sucks and i feel for you. I really hate that they have cut the dramas from BBC4 and now are jettisoning the entirety of BBC3, if they start messing with BBC2 then British TV is doomed.

Sober

...What were you and him expecting? Them to actually television-ize his book? That's hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

And I agree with him, but that isn't going to happen. His mistake was selling the book rights to make a TV show from it. He should've kept the rights to himself and at least did the work himself or something. Or just stuck to the book which (from my skimming of it, I should get around to ACTUALLY reading it) was GREAT.
I'm surprised cause I don't think Huang has EP credits tied to the project but regardless from the article it seemed like Mar and Khan definitely seem to have really value his input into what they were making. I don't doubt it would've had some bite to it considering Khan is part of the show (previously American Dad and Apt 23 which is hopeful), but who knows what could've been either.

Again, he kinda has to learn the hard knocks of developing TV sometimes, because frankly you need to start with something palpable most of the time (e.g. heightened stereotypes) before you pull the rug out from everyone, at least on TV. His memoir sounds crazy and great, I need to get on it, but that's a different beast entirely.

ABC needs to cancel agent carter and either re-tool agents of shield or cancel it also. the CW is on cloud 9 with their comic book shows and ABC is barely making it.

Sandfox

ABC needs to cancel agent carter and either re-tool agents of shield or cancel it also. the CW is on cloud 9 with their comic book shows and ABC is barely making it.

Doesn't that have more to do with the CW not exactly being a ratings magnet and the comic book shows attracting a new audience to the channel? Also, Disney has the Netflix shows coming so that's probably going to be the focus with live action for the most part.

rtcn63

I didn't like the first episode of In the Flesh. I could already predict where they were going with the persecuted group + hammy small town ignorance + anti-zombie drunkards, etc. I was afraid I'd seen it all before. If I'm wrong, let me know, I'd be willing to give it a second chance.

The Fades had a very compelling first half, and I enjoyed it overall even with the last bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom