• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014-15 TV Cancellations: Under the Dome canned, what will CBS do with CG cows next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

I am a little concerned it's being moved to Tuesdays, since it would fit in a lot better with the family block on ABC's Wednesdays.

That being said though, that was a great premiere, really liked it. If there isn't an OT for it I think I'll put one up in a couple of days.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
what your dad wants. a 4.0+ GPA
Clearly you are going to an easy school!

I am a little concerned it's being moved to Tuesdays, since it would fit in a lot better with the family block on ABC's Wednesdays.

That being said though, that was a great premiere, really liked it. If there isn't an OT for it I think I'll put one up in a couple of days.
Yeah, the problem is that Wednesday is already packed, unless they add in a third hour of family comedy I suppose. They could move The Middle and pair it with FOB on another night, but I assume they don't want to fix what isn't broken there... which means Tuesdays and the night of death.

I just hope it survives and doesn't get Go On'ed or Selfied or Michael J Fox'ed or whatever other sitcom that got cancelled after 5 episodes. :(

Oh Sober, I'd appreciate if you made an OT. I just wrote a 1500 word essay about the pilot and I figure I should have somewhere to put it other than my blog that no one reads. lol

they don't need to replace #TheGoldbergs or #TheMiddle. #FotB sounds like a great Friday affair with #glee before that show is canceled.

Penguin

Have this ever happened with a show before?

Well FOX said you'd have to go back 20 years to find a show that grew over its first three episodes... I can't imagine over your first 5 being something that happens often, if ever then

firehawk12

Subete no aware
they don't need to replace #TheGoldbergs or #TheMiddle. #FotB sounds like a great Friday affair with #glee before that show is canceled.
I guess if you're sending it to die, why bother making it in the first place. They should have just let Fox have it.

Although then again, Fox sitcoms either die ungraceful deaths, or become zombies like Til Death.

I guess if you're sending it to die, why bother making it in the first place. They should have just let Fox have it.

Although then again, Fox sitcoms either die ungraceful deaths, or become zombies like Til Death.

theres really not many time slots left that's available on any days tbh.

i mean what other days can they put it. or they should let fox have it and get rid of mulaney and put FotB instead lol.

Porchta not impressed

drip drop drippity drop.

ZQFvQJL.gif

Penguin

i mean what other days can they put it. or they should let fox have it and get rid of mulaney and put FotB instead lol.

Porchta not impressed

Maybe they could pair it with The Goldbergs on Tuesdays before SHIELD/Carter or something

It is a tight fit for their schedule, and most of their Wedn comedies are doing well... pair well with each other

firehawk12

Subete no aware

CBS isn't afraid to move its super hits around to help support newer comedies. It's why it has two comedy nights to go with their generic old people drama nights.

They probably could have split off Modern Family/The Middle to create a second family comedy night anyway. Either that, or they expect either one of Black-ish or FOB to fail, so they're not too concerned about not having space on the schedule in the first place.

ivysaur12

Banned
NBC has given out early renewals its "well, duh" shows: The Blacklist, Grimm, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, SVU.

SEASON 17 OF SEX CRIMES: NYC

firehawk12

Subete no aware
NBC has given out early renewals its "well, duh" shows: The Blacklist, Grimm, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, SVU.

It's like that final scene from Community. lol

So it's like Margaret Cho's show for the modern era?
Yes, but with different baggage associated with it (if the TCAs are to be believed). That said, I literally haven't watched All-American Girl since it originally aired, but my feeling is that FOB is going for a voice that is much less culturally specific. To paraphrase Huang, it's a white-washed version of his life, but that is what makes it palatable to everyone. It ultimately becomes more sitcom tropey - like Black-ish - than it is Asian-angst episode of the week.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly i think one thing that makes empire popular is the awful overkill soap opera melodrama score that tells you exactly how you should be feeling in every single scene. Sometimes a scene starts and I'm like "hmm I don't quite know what's going on here" and then the score beats me over the head and then I get it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly i think one thing that makes empire popular is the awful overkill soap opera melodrama score that tells you exactly how you should be feeling in every single scene. Sometimes a scene starts and I'm like "hmm I don't quite know what's going on here" and then the score beats me over the head and then I get it.
I've never seen a Shonda Rhimes show, but that's what I assume Greys and Scandal are like. lol

FoneBone

Wasn't SVU on the bubble last season? Have its ratings improved to warrant an early renewal, or is it just that NBC's drama lineup is weak overall?

Penguin

I think it's great "trash" TV and so exaggerated and over-the-top that it becomes a social phenomenon

Though oddly, I don't know anyone at my job who actually watches it so never heard it discuss in the real world.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've never seen a Shonda Rhimes show, but that's what I assume Greys and Scandal are like. lol

Scandal the cheese mostly comes from the dialogue, although anything with Olivia and Fitz when the romantic theme is played is unbearable "uguu~~~ i could stand in ur light~~~ u might be the president of the us but i am the president of ur boner" *prepared to be battered by tearjerking strings*

ivysaur12

Banned
Scandal the cheese mostly comes from the dialogue, although anything with Olivia and Fitz when the romantic theme is played is unbearable "uguu~~~ i could stand in ur light~~~ u might be the president of the us but i am the president of ur boner" *prepared to be battered by tearjerking strings*

The Olivia/Fitz theme should be burned. I know that's physically impossible. Someone figure it out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My little president couldn't be so moe. lol

i thought it was the amazing acting on #Empire that has people hooked.

anaron

"@weinmanj: EMPIRE is an example of how the show that makes the new network president a genius was often greenlit by the last network president."

"@poniewozik: @weinmanj Strangely enough, that network president is usually Kevin Reilly!"

Lol, too true.

:(

The Olivia/Fitz theme should be burned. I know that's physically impossible. Someone figure it out.
Oh god yes.

Also the sad theme in Jane the Virgin that plays EVERY EPISODE

ivysaur12

Banned
"@weinmanj: EMPIRE is an example of how the show that makes the new network president a genius was often greenlit by the last network president."

"@poniewozik: @weinmanj Strangely enough, that network president is usually Kevin Reilly!"

Lol, too true.

:(

I tried this line the other day and I was barked at because "Well, Dana and Gary developed it and DELIVERED it!"

Sure but KR picked it up.

beat

I know Empire is Fox, not ABC, but didn't Sepinwall use to complain about how ABC shows had absolutely overbearing soundtracks all the time?

TheOddOne

http://tvline.com/2015/02/05/damon-wayans-jr-leaving-new-girl-season-4-coach/

NOT TO DOUBLE POST BUT DAMON IS FREE. ADAM IS FREE. ELIZA IS FREE. AND LET'S BE HONEST, CASEY, ELISHA, ZACHARY, AND CASPE WILL BE FREE AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

NETFLIX. HELLO MR. NETFLIX ARE YOU THERE IT'S ME IT'S TIME.

(This is clearly so Damon can lead a pilot, but still).
I NEED TO REPLY TO THIS POST BECAUSE I REALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. MAYBE NETFLIX GUY IS READING. PLS READ NETFLIX GUY.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How about

Chicago Community College
Chicago Parks and Rec

Chicago Med is actually in development (a backdoor pilot is going to air later this season on Chicago Fire), and I wouldn't be surprised if they also did a Chicago Law at some point too.

ABC has Shonday - NBC has Chicagoday.

ivysaur12

Banned
Serious question: Has any show that is a network "borrowing" the idea of a niche cable show EVER worked out?

I can't really think of many examples of it happening, and even if it didn't, why not? If the show is good on its own, it should be able to stand on its own. There are plenty of shows with similar premises that exist in tandem.

We're all copying Homer, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom