• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chile 3-1 Australia

untitled-26t0b8x.gif

Wilbur

Banned
jedimind.jpg

"This isn't the Chile you're looking for..."

Been very complacent today I think (top shot by Beausejour just now though), but they'll put a shift in against the Spanish, definitely.

Australia have played really well today, can be proud of that. Young team, and they've given it a real go.

Juicy Bob

Congrats to Chile on the win! You earned that one.

Still, very proud of how to Socceroos performed. Plenty of heart, especially in the second half. Heads held high.

Chile won't get out of the groups. Sorry, but just because Spain had an off day and Iker Casillas played like a numpty doesn't mean Chile will have much luck against a top-tier team like Spain. They are great offensively, but defensively they've looked really really bad tonight. You could say the same about Spain, but Chile were playing Australia, not Holland.

Australia had their chance and they didn't take it, could've been a draw but Chili was the more efficient team.

Lots of props for turning it into a real match though.

ZenTzen

Aussie goalkeeper messed up, you dont do a long pass where its basically a 50/50 situation, especially when the team needs to get control of the ball

inky

Good match Australia. Score is not representative of your effort and you maybe deserved a bit more there. Props for not giving up after the 2-0 early on.

SkylineRKR

Was hoping Chile would beat Spain but not confident of that based on this game

They are mediocre. Australia isn't a team that can fatique the other with a sound passing game, yet Chile seemed to be done for after just 30 minutes.

They won't beat Spain. That Holland managed to murder Spain doesn't mean that Chile also will. I still think Spain are favourites for second place.

survivor

Banned
That was a much better performance by Australia than I expected. Shame they couldn't get an equalizer before Chile got the 3rd goal.

snaffles

Good game by Chile. Great to see Australia fight hard after going down 2 goals so early. Just don't have enough firepower up front, very one dimensional.

moai

happy that we won, but a very rough unskilled team made us look very bad. i have no real spectations that we are getting through this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom