• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Chile got very complacent after the 2-0. That and they looked tired as fuck.

It was a fun match, but I'm not sure what Chile can do against Spain and Nettherlands based on the second half.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Chile won't get out of the groups. Sorry, but just because Spain had an off day and Iker Casillas played like a numpty doesn't mean Chile will have much luck against a top-tier team like Spain. They are great offensively, but defensively they've looked really really bad tonight. You could say the same about Spain, but Chile were playing Australia, not Holland.

Spain struggles against high pressure teams like Chile. Hell, their last 2 matches ended in draws with Chile, imo, performing much better than Spain.

akaoni

Banned
I don't think Spain is losing to Australia or Chile, a draw would be a good result for those teams.

Spain struggles against high pressure teams like Chile. Hell, their last 2 matches ended in draws with Chile, imo, performing much better than Spain.

Well fuck now I'm really interested.

I called it. Once Australia was too tired to play (80min mark) they were going to concede a goal.
They have no skill and they lacked stamina. Their only hope was to outrun Chile at the 75 minute mark but it just didn't happen.

Felt sorry for Aus, I must say. Will be cheering them on against the Netherlands and Spain.

But Chile and Sanchez just won me a couple of quid, so I'm happy. #TeamGaryMedel

Juicy Bob

I have to say, this World Cup's been fantastic entertainment so far.

Bring on the coma-inducing scoreless snoozefest that will be England v Italy.

$200

Banned
snake_salute-600x300.jpg

we gonna win the Asian cup!

Wilbur

Banned

It was a fun match, but I'm not sure what Chile can do against Spain and Nettherlands based on the second half.

They were brilliant against Germany last year, and playing on the counter against Spain will suit them.

I was pretty scared of Chili, but their endurance is a huge weakness. We could control the game in the first half and go for the win when they're tired.

Chile is pretty much in the drivers seat to advance right now. +6 goal differential over Spain thus far and thus only needing a draw in their next match vs. Spain.

Spineker

Banned
Can't recall one dive from Australia the entire game. There's a difference in sporting culture for you. GG Australia you did really well. Hopefully the U.S can play with half as much guts.

survivor

Banned
The Chile-Spain game gonna be pretty interesting especially with Chile getting a decent goals difference lead so a tie won't cut it for Spain.

Grassy

Good to see the boys get over the early nerves and create a few chances in the second half, they just ran out of steam in the end. A bit more composure in front of goal and it could have been different.

Well done to Chile, good luck to them for the rest of the tournament.

In the end I am happy with that performance, but once again its very similar to the past two World Cups. Socceroos play an aggressive style, our defence in the box is average - and our keeper is worse than the previous world cups. Good at pressing the ball up field but lack finishing class to score the goals, especially off of kicks

KingJolly

Banned
Was in college during the Spain and Chile matches.

Hahhahah wow, Netherlands kicked spains ass. I'm glad, I don't want spain even close to the cup this year.

As for Chile vs Australia, that was a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom