• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunhi, can you rehost this?

iNMOChdBqa7fO.gif
iomKDRhHiMFv2.gif

Wierd, not sure why they're coming up as not found.

alterno69

Banned
Tomorrow will be fucking amazing, Mexico won today so i will be relaxing by the pool all day, i will put a TV next to it, turn on the grill and enjoy a Football overdose, fuck yeah.

I hope that England vs Italy turns out to be an awesome match. Can't wait for the reactions.

Also, about Casillas, with that wife of his I would be laughing all the way back home.

The007JiM

Happy for Chile. Very akward match since the 2-0, is not often to see Chile with that possesion % . Pellegrini was comentator for the Chilean TV stream and was a fun match to watch.

Kudos for Aussies, chilean people always had a nice impression of Australia because many chileans lives there. Visited my family in Sydney two years ago and i meet very nice people. Wish you can get a non censored Mortal Kombat X version in the future. :)

As a chilean, I'm very happy for the result, nothing better to start winning your first match (it makes it easier for the upcoming matches).

Having said that, our defense really needs to improve what did today. Australia showed more than I expected, still... they're a mediocre team. Spain and Netherlands will not forgive the mistakes we made today.

Though, Chile has a lot more to show than today, I'm confident Sampaoli will take care of this.

I predict, unlike some of you, both remaining games will be not suited for anyone with cardiac problems :p

Congrats to Australia, you really fought almost until the end.

Enjoying this in the capital Santiago with thousands of people hudled in the cold was amazing. Great ref. The best of the tourny by far. Chile need to work on that second half because they sat back and their defense isn't good enough to sit back like that. Australia completely owned the second half.

CTM!!!! CTM!!! CTM!!! Viva Chile.

Now my nerves really begin tomorrow with Italy. My home.

If any of Chilean GAF are in Santiago we should meet at moneda next game. Come on!

EBreda

They way Netherlands played today they shouldn't fear anyone, except maybe Italy and Germany.

Ho is Italy in the same sentence as Germany?
Italy? I mean cmon...

And where's Brazil? You're saying Holland should not fear the host nation? Yeah right.. I beet Van Gaal does not agree.

LNBL

who crossed that btw? perfect dipping ball

Daley Blind, player of Ajax in the Dutch League. Actually prefers playing on his CDM position, but is also able on the LB position. Was one of the best ( if not the best) player in the Dutch league this season, after being shit on by almost everyone in the previous season. What a comeback by him

Ho is Italy in the same sentence as Germany?
Italy? I mean cmon...

And where's Brazil? You're saying Holland should not fear the host nation? Yeah right.. I beet Van Gaal does not agree.

Ok, Germany is better than Italy, but I don't think Holland should fear Brasil, not at all. Yes, they are a good team that is also playing with home advantage, but if they meet the same Netherlands that played today they will be absolutely crushed, more than when they were eliminated in 2010.

EBreda

I'm sorry but England doesn't stand a chance.

Oh they do. Italy depends on a player as old as Xavi and on one as bad as Torres, and stupid on top of that.

And their keeper is as past his prime as Casillas.

I'm not saying England is much better (though I think it is, but that's debatable), but Italy hasn't showed anything to convince anyone they are capable of claiming the title this time.

Daley Blind, player of Ajax in the Dutch League. Actually prefers playing on his CDM position, but is also able on the LB position. Was one of the best ( if not the best) player in the Dutch league this season, after being shit on by almost everyone in the previous season. What a comeback by him

God bless his soul, he was already one of my fave players but he really made me proud today.

He said he wants to stay at Ajax his whole career but he's probably gone after the WC if he keeps this up :(

EBreda

Ok, Germany is better than Italy, but I don't think Holland should fear Brasil, not at all. Yes, they are a good team that is also playing with home advantage, but if they meet the same Netherlands that played today they will be absolutely crushed, more than when they were eliminated in 2010.

Brazil was absolutely NOT crushed by Holland last time. They were up 1-0 most of the time and Holland had the benefit of a huge fail by JC.

Holland showed great football tonight, but it's not always that a keeper will fail twice like Casillas did. And the 3 CBs were kinda screwy, Bruno is an inexperienced player, Vrijj is inconsistent.

I'll wait to see how Holland fares against a better attack. Costa and Torres (lol) were not the best test to their defensive system at all.

Rezbit

Pretty good effort by the Socceroos. It's a shame they were so nervous for the first 20 mins, because after that they played a pretty decent standard of football. Troisi came on and REALLY stunk it up though.

Also got pretty frustrated with the free kicks awarded to Alexis Sanchez. Definitely looked after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom