• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I can see Netherlands collapsing Argentina as well.

Messi can't do shit in WCs, he got a little better playing with Argentina but there are miles ahead of him to get even near his style at Barca.
He doesn't have Alonso or Iniesta giving him balls in Argentina though.

England%20flag-XXL-anim.gif

Come on England, Come on England!

Could very well be. We opened 2008 against the World Champion, mauled them and then went on to kill the vice worldchampion and we exited the stage against Russia in the 2nd round and the worst thing it was not undeserved at all.

What irritated me most, is all that walking around and celebrating with their children etc. Only do that when you hold the trophy imo.
Best match in Russia's history. It was glorious.

They gave us a decent ass whooping at the Euros 2 years ago.

I'm not even from Netherlands but I'll get mad if they don't keep that high level of play.

Hoping that they don't be Robin Hoods of football, taking points from the big teams and giving to the smaller ones.

Valente

Neo Member
When was the last time Portugal won convincingly in an international stage?

You could argue that Portugal is one of the most successful nations in the world over the last 14 years.1 quaterfinal, 3 semis, 1 final between both Euros & WC. Not bad for a little country of 10 million. My prediction for Monday, they are due to beat the Germans.

You could argue that Portugal is one of the most successful nations in the world over the last 14 years.1 quaterfinal, 3 semis, 1 final between both Euros & WC. Not bad for a little country of 10 million. My prediction for Monday, they are due to beat the Germans.

Pls.

pulga

Banned
Ronaldo has been tearing Germany a new asshole for the last year, I'm sure he won't have any problems doing it one more time.

Fireblend

Banned
Woooo get ready Uruguay we gonna trash yoouuu.

Disclaimer: this post doesn't follow from any sort of objective analysis, more like pure optimism

Ticooooos, ticooooos

I agree. Is this even possible based on thier groups?

It will be damn hard for The Netherlands to achieve this.

If we, by any chance, win this Poule we will be pit against Mexico or Cameroen.

Quarter Finals will probably be against Italy, Uruguay or England (depending on who wins Poule D)

Semi Finals will probably be against Argentina

Oh boy. Haha.

Predictions for today:

Colombia vs. Greece...1-1 draw
Uruguay vs. Costa Rica...Uruguay wins 1-0
England vs. Italy...0-0 draw
Ivory Coast vs. Japan...Ivory Coast wins 2-0

Sadist

Predictions

Columbia - Greece 1-1

Honestly, I really dislike the tactics of the Greeks. It's unappealing football and because of that I'd love a loss. However, after the friendly match against Holland I think the Columbias or a bunch of dicks. Dirty team at times. So I'm conflicted.

Uruguay - Costa Rica 3-0

Sorry Costa Rica GAF. Even without Suarez Uruguay will take a few bites out of C-S.

England - Italy 1-3

I'm with Italy in this match. I don't think England stands a chance sadly.

Ivory Coast - Japan 1-2

Ivory Coast has some good players, but I believe Japan is more of a team. Plus I want Team Pokémon winning.

S¡mon

Banned
Woah, yesterday's Match (Spain - Netherlands) was amazing. I went into the match hoping 1-1 or maybe a lucky win 1-2 for The Netherlands... but what happened was really astonishing.

Arguably, the penalty shouldn't be given. Arguably, that 1-3 goal by De Vrij shouldn't be given. (Arguably, both goals should [and have] been given).

But still, a really exciting match. Spain will have a difficult task when they have to play Chili. And The Netherlands? While yesterday's performance has been astonishing, and while I do believe they'll get through the group fase, I dont'think yesterday's performance will be repeated by The Netherlands (against Australia and Chili).

Jarnet87

Everything is balance. With the fall of Spain another nation must rise as a great footballing power, can you guess who it is?

England innit.

The World is about to witness the power of classic English football, this is how the game should be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom