• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice match by England, Rooney was ok/meh, but Sterling and the others were very good. This team have future if they find more young players like him. And for fucks sake, get rid of Hart.

Italy was nice too, Pirlo showing his ability and Balotelli trolling like always.

All in all, a very nice match, but I think England deserved the draw.

BTW

TastyDeepIsopod.gif

lol

RoySFNR

God, so tired but this is the match I'm the most hyped for of the night. Japan is a lot better than most might expect and Ivory Coast is always amusing. England v Italy was surprisingly amusing though. Really expected them to just play for a draw considering what went down with Costa Rica v Uruguay and the heat and all.

excited to see ivory coast play

how is this japan team, haven't watched them much tbh

Their players are very technical and their attack is fluid. They have a lot of goals in them, but their defense is bad. They're usually involved in high scoring matches.

What about South Korea?

They're really bad right now. South Korea will look much better in the next few world cups. They have some good youth talent.

PIRL0

Neo Member
good game... roy playing rooney right wing made him lose all his power and welbeck is useless as usual.. next game roy should make rooney a striker and put lallana on the right...

italy played well but chiellini and paletta were causing trouble..chiellini should go back to the center and put a natural left back in the left...

it was a good game and hopefully both teams go through

Zabojnik

Am I the only one who felt that Marchisio had a bad game outside of the goal? Felt his passing wasn't very crisp at all.

Good first half, so so second. Italy have quite a few options in the midfield, so it'll be interesting to see what Prandelli comes up with in the next match.

When's the last time the World Cup started this well btw? 8 games, 1 clean sheet I think

Glad I'm not one of those fans who loses interest when their team gets knocked out

Balotelli looked great by the way. Didn't have many chances to show what he can do, but boy did he take them. Looked very tight and focused.

Speaking of Pirlo, time is a gentleman and is showing people what was already clear to the enlightened ones --> Pirlo>Xavi.

I think England can get through. As for Uruguay, I called it already

How are Uruguay so highly rated? They have two world class players, one of which is just back from knee surgery and might not even play, a couple of good defenders and a bunch of crappy old players.

They have the whole playing in South America thing on their part but that's it. I say they're not going out of the group.

Think Italy and England will make it out in the end. No idea what this Costa Rica team could do in the following games though.

Was typing that with a smoke in one hand. Honest mistake m8.

ಠ_ಠ

Sunhi's gifs never show up for me on mobile GAF chrome for android. I wanna see that Pirlo free kick and Rooney corner :(
Am I the only one who felt that Marchisio had a bad game outside of the goal? Felt his passing wasn't very crisp at all.
Thought he played well defensively actually. May be blinded by his handsomeness. #mancrush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom