• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

We all do love Go Ahead Eagles.

Sure do

sNP.png

dumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBR
Sounds like a game in South America...

Oh wait.

krYlon

Why do African countries underperform in these tournaments? It's not like they lack quality players.

In ivory coast's case, they never seem to play as a team. They are a group of individuals. Doesn't matter how many star players you have if you don't play as a cohesive unit.

Having said that, they've played quite well today so far imo. Been a bit unlucky.

Suen

dumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumdumBRBRdumdumdumdumdumBRBR
:lol so braindead

Btw, what is your opinion on managers?

Maybe I'm overly critical but...

You will often find England players - upon receiving the ball - struggling to find a pass. It's literally stop. Start. This happens in midfield, especially with the left/right backs. When they can't find a midfielder, they pass back to their defenders.

I have never seen an international side with the quality in players England have be so consistently dead when it comes to movement. This then sucks the tempo out of their passing and nullifies any threat from the final third. This is why they cannot retain the ball; it is because there is often no one to play the ball to. This has been the case ever since I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom