• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBL

Shows fine here, weird. I'll disable it for now

b6cc1cc0ad4a565c72d9ec8f481a20a4.png

In form cards are in for the last 2 matches.
b674ea7beb1dcb0e671dca6edf1e06ee.png

Campbell looking mighty fine for a silver

Am I the alone in thinking this World Cup would be great if Brazil weren't actually part of it?

Many good matches these last few days, World Cup hype building up, then I think back to that awful refereeing in their game, to Neymar's ugly mug, Fred diving and thanking Jesus and I'm like "oh yea right..."

Am I the alone in thinking this World Cup would be great if Brazil weren't actually part of it?

Many good matches these last few days, World Cup hype building up, then I think back to that awful refereeing in their game, to Neymar's ugly mug, Fred diving and thanking Jesus and I'm like "oh yea right..."

Then who'd you replace them with?

Overdoziz

Banned
I've pointed out several times that strikers that do well in the Eredivisie typically fail elsewhere. Altidore, Van Wolfswinkel, Ruiz(winger, but still), Vleminckx, there's tons more but it's late and my brain don't work.

Ajax strikers are the exception to the rule, see Suarez and Huntelaar :)
Suarez will always be Fc Groningen's cunt, not Ajax's.

LNBL

I've pointed out several times that strikers that do well in the Eredivisie typically fail elsewhere. Altidore, Van Wolfswinkel, Ruiz(winger, but still), Vleminckx, there's tons more but it's late and my brain don't work.

Ajax strikers are the exception to the rule, see Suarez and Huntelaar :)

PSV: Van Nistelrooy, Robben, Ronaldo, Romario :)):)))))

It was the worst possible start for the World Cup. I read the ESPN/Facebook comments after that game and everyone was just so disgusted about the game, saying how "this is why I don't watch soccer" over and over. Just a terrible start to the tournament.

Never happened before.

The opening match has soured it a bit, but I expect Croatia will qualify anyway, and we just have to hope they don't get favouarable treatment throughout. I don't want it to be remembered as the one with loads of goals, and Brazil capitalising on ridiculous bias

trixx

African national teams are also very corrupt. Teams like Nigeria underpreform due to various reasons such as players not being paid. That's why many times you hear players sayig they are retiring from their national football clubs for whatever reason. iirc Nigeria's was missing 7 players in one of their world cup friendlies.

Please Ivory Coast let's put a few in the back of the net. I'm tired of African nations always under-performing in World Cups. IC has the potential to go far if they get their shit together.

Wilbur

Banned
Said most of what I've wanted to say regarding our match in FootyGAF. Good game Italy-GAF.

Regarding Rooney, it's not that he's a bad player, but he effectively renders a lot of tactical plans moot by bulldozing around with little regard for shape or defensive duties. Doesn't fit a team, no matter how good he can be individually.

Enjoying this game, Japan are great fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom