• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

dr_rus

iw5sp_2014_06_08_01_242shx.jpg

iw5sp_2014_06_15_21_3besl4.jpg

dr_rus

iw5sp_2014_06_15_22_0uqsy6.jpg

iw5sp_2014_06_15_22_2xfsyr.jpg

All screenshots are from gameplay.
This is likely to be the last time I've played IW's MW SP campaigns.
Settings used are different in applied levels of TSAA and SSAO since I've tried to keep 60 fps all the time.
The only "mod" (if you can call it that) used is the FOV changer for MW3. MW and MW2's FOV was changed via console/cfgs.

Not a real looker and i cant downsample from anything higher than 1920x1200. Still sweetfx improves it a shitload tho

How did you manage to get rid of the crushed blacks ?
Looks like you've got a bit of AA going on too, I assume that's Sweetfx but I never managed to make it work, care to share the settings ? Thanks !

One3rd

Interesting game, the soundtrack really fits the noire setting nicely. It's keeps crashing on me though, not sure if it is due to the unlocked UE3 commands I'm using or GeDoSaTo.

14347275387_1b3a403c12_o.jpg

For some reason the god rays go away when I enable ENB 95% of the time. And if they don't go away, they do if I move teh camera a little bit. I'd kill for a pause right about now :(

14347949710_034f64fb6d_o.jpg

Never go full anime...

Seems Dark Souls 2 hair styles went full anime...

14533116864_75591e5cc4_o.jpg

Thorgal

How the heck do you install this stuff? The instructions are escaping me..

Download texmod and open it .

Click the big map icon under target aplication and link it to the games executable .

Download the mods you want and place the files in a map for easy access .

Now on Texmod in package mode click on the small map icon in the middle .

Go to where you have placed the Mod files and select them and press ok.

If you did everything right it will look like this :

naamloosbrk1d.png

Click on run to start the game.

if you have a black screen for a while , that is normal as texmod is replacing the textures which depending on how big they are can take a while ( ex for me Mass effect 2 ultra character textures it can take up to 5 minutes)

legacyzero

Banned
TexMod.

Look up a video showing texmod, it's not too much fuss.

Download texmod and open it .

Click the big map icon under target aplication and link it to the games executable .

Download the mods you want and place the files in a map for easy access .

Now on Texmod in package mode click on the small map icon in the middle .

Go to where you have placed the Mod files and select them and press ok.

If you did everything right it will look like this :

naamloosbrk1d.png

Click on run to start the game.

if you have a black screen for a while , that is normal as texmod is replacing the textures which depending on how big they are can take a while ( ex for me Mass effect 2 ultra character textures it can take up to 5 minutes)

Thank you for this.

Now if I can just wrap my head around using a PS4 controller for PC games, I'll be good.

How did you manage to get rid of the crushed blacks ?
Looks like you've got a bit of AA going on too, I assume that's Sweetfx but I never managed to make it work, care to share the settings ? Thanks !

You can force SGSSAA via inspector, and the sweetfx preset is this one http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/4160/

Sweetfx improves the visuals so much its crazy. Texture quality just looks so much better when its not so dark you cant see anything

stateofdecay2014-06-238je2.png

stateofdecay2014-06-2bfk98.png

Starting a new play through of ME2 and decided to actually sit down for once and tweak some .ini files to make some improvements to the image quality. Going for a clean and crisp IQ so I removed motion blur, film grain and vignetting which as it turns out also turns off depth of field.

I7S.png

J7S.png

I don't think I ever had issues with god rays since it was added to the ENB options.
But I'm going to assume you have the effect enabled there.

Yeah, its not actually ENB. I can get them to go away with ENB disabled too. Really weird... kinda like adaption kicks in so the god rays go away.

This is what I need, can you share your water settings?

You need to get off the skyrim nexus site the mods:

An ENB graphics mod (I use project ENB cinematic version but you need to replace its dll with the newest from the enb site since that enb is a bit old now for the new water to work)
Realistic Water Two
Realistic Water Two - ENB Textures
Watercolor for ENB and Realistic Water Two

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
FINALLY got this game. It's your fault, Spazznid. Also, I love this first shot.

iwqdohEPdrcqc.png

iblzY3AQ9fVgbk.png

I love that second shot!

The grain looks suitable and good in your images too.

Woah, DMC4 looks way better than I would have expected. Slick as hell.

The art style of this game is quite nice. The HUD is annoying though.

14505657136_0c93f1a7b5_o.jpg

14527744952_ac5e4516fe_o.jpg

HUD be damned, I totally appreciate these. Game looks super interesting and would love to see more.

Wish someone could mod in better skyboxes! Such disparity. Basically 1999 web jpgs ha

Basically any game that works with GeDoSaTo should be completely texture modable. So someone probably could fix that!

HUD be damned, I totally appreciate these. Game looks super interesting and would love to see more.

I wish the HUD wasn't so distracting or I'd bother to snap more screenshots. The game looks fantastic though and plays smooth at 4K. And it's surprisingly fun. I'll probably play this when I'm tired of yelling at Dark Souls 2.

Lime

Starting a new play through of ME2 and decided to actually sit down for once and tweak some .ini files to make some improvements to the image quality. Going for a clean and crisp IQ so I removed motion blur, film grain and vignetting which as it turns out also turns off depth of field.

I7S.png

J7S.png

The lack of post-processing filters make the colors and lighting seem all off and almost garish.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm so glad Remember Me gets the love it deserved from this thread. Really one of the most gorgeous games released in the last generation.

Top Bottom