• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

13933050924_ffa28f7a7e_o.jpg

13933076404_f5d9081449_o.jpg

Thorgal

Thanks for reminding me of this series,Wanny .

And now that i have A beast of a card. i can show of this game in all of it's downsampled splendor .

We are so screwed !
xrengine2014-04-1911-kvow3.jpg

Fallen to The Zone !

xrengine2014-04-1911-w5qmm.jpg

KKRT00

This game looks absolutely insane downsampled from 4K. I was so dissapointed when I saw how the screenshots I took don't do it justice. Easily the best looking game I've ever seen. Some of the textures are incredible too and the amount of geometry is impressive.
I also notice some artifacts in the chromatic aberation probably from resizing the images.

What the hell happened to IQ in those shots.

Use r_chromaticaberration 0 and r_sharperning 0.2

--------
@Thorgal
Love the colors.

Wanny

Thanks for reminding me of this series,Wanny .

And now that i have A beast of a card. i can show of this game in all of it's downsampled splendor .

I would like to hit CoP too but there is no ENB support and I'm not sure there is a mod as good as Autumn Aurora 2.

Seeing the pics on the previous page made me want to jump back and remember what the game looked like.

I still have Maldo textures installed but can't remember the difference they made so not sure if they are active here or not.

13913498152_a9efe93a69_o_d.jpg

13913509861_f6c385ac25_o_d.jpg

So it turns out Maldo's mod wasn't working. edit: figured it out. So yeah, wasn't on in those shots above, will have to check out the differences with a similar screen or two.

And Phil0sophy, (The Golf Club) the game itself is decent (needs work but plays well with the analog stick swing) but yeah the visuals aren't the best. Flickering trees and reflections, average performance, no visual options at all.

If they allow similar options to the screenshot tool, it will look better.

With and without Maldo.

13936666293_0ff6c954bb_o_d.jpg

13937569835_59cb91f8a0_o_d.jpg

BONKERS

Crappy Paintshop Pro by Jasc Software. The method of sampling is Bicubic. 4K to 1920x1080.

I think it's best to just turn off chromatic abberation for screenshots. What's the best sampling method? Lanczos?

Bicubic is the most well rounded IMO, but I don't know what it is in your shots, whether it's the CA or not. It looks way too pixellated to be downsampled from 4k to 1080p, something looks off.

Come on don't be mean...

You are joking right?

Yeah, that mod is Terrible TBH. At least IMO. Most of the C2 mods that alter the graphics are awful with the exception being Maldo.

ALSO:

For Skyrim users, if you have the GPU power left, a very good Flag for SGSSAA has finally been found. (Previously SGSSAA would be hit/miss and wouldn't totally get everything)

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10184469&postcount=5756

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This game looks absolutely insane downsampled from 4K. I was so dissapointed when I saw how the screenshots I took don't do it justice. Easily the best looking game I've ever seen. Some of the textures are incredible too and the amount of geometry is impressive.
I also notice some artifacts in the chromatic aberation probably from resizing the images.

iqr5FnliQBOCX.png

ib8mrz2batrQn.png

Yeah this totally does look like nearest neighbor resizing. You should double check to make sure you're using the right resizing algorithm.

Bicubic is the most well rounded IMO, but I don't know what it is in your shots, whether it's the CA or not. It looks way too pixellated to be downsampled from 4k to 1080p, something looks off.

Yeah, that mod is Terrible TBH. At least IMO. Most of the C2 mods that alter the graphics are awful with the exception being Maldo.

ALSO:

For Skyrim users, if you have the GPU power left, a very good Flag for SGSSAA has finally been found. (Previously SGSSAA would be hit/miss and wouldn't totally get everything)

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10184469&postcount=5756

Would it work with ENB?

Top Bottom