• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

These snapbacks NBA been handing out are nice. Probably the best draft day hats I can remember.

Yeah I'm planning on picking up a Hornets one:

thumb.aspx

charsace

Randle is really selfish and not as athletic as people like to say he is. He only bullies and runs over small guys. People near his size slowed him down all the time in college.

Lavine is overrated as hell and his gonna bust. I don't understand why he's talking shit about the Wolves.

Effnine

Miami on the move?

Just spoke with Shabazz Napier camp in the green room and Miami is actively trying to move up to grab him.

zychi

Banned
I like Young but he shot under 35% from 3 last season.

McDermott was the best overall scorer in college last year from pretty much everywhere on the court.

Bulls fans hating on a guy who can actually put the ball in the basket is some bizarroland shit.
little white guys who can shoot tend to be mediocre in the nba. See every single one the bulls have tried since 98

charsace

So are Cleveland's Canadian trio going to bail on them in a few years and head home to Tdot?

2 of them won't be super stars and Wiggins is a long shot to be one. Wiggins has some tools, but he is missing a lot that makes a star. His handle is terrible.

Jabari is even more overrated than Wiggins. Dude is a tweener and not really athletic and I can see him eating his way out of the league.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
little white guys who can shoot tend to be mediocre in the nba. See every single one the bulls have tried since 98

little white guy? he's like 6'8 and 220 (easily)...

he shot 70% at the basket last year.

not saying hes going to be a star but he fills such a huge void for the bulls.

Bowser

On top of all that Randle needs surgery on his foot too? And we have no first rounder next year to look forward to. Well fuck. On to free agency!

Randle has been adamant that he won't get surgery. But pretty much every team's docs have said he'll need to get it at some point and he should do it earlier.

charsace

On top of all that Randle needs surgery on his foot too? And we have no first rounder next year to look forward to. Well fuck. On to free agency!

I really don't understand why the Lakers took him. The son is proving more and more that he's an idiot and that the sister should be in control of the team.

cacophony

@DarrenWolfson
Bill Duffy (LaVine's agent) via text on Zach saying, "Fuck me." after being picked: "He's all good. He was just expressing relief." #twolves

Right.

Fjordson

Wow, some of you guys are overrating Lavine by an insane margin. His athleticism will keep him in the league, but he's a shooting guard who can't shoot or finish through contact. He came off the bench and averaged single digits for a mediocre UCLA team. Not that he can't improve, but as of now I don''t see much to get worked up over.

I like Young but he shot under 35% from 3 last season.
As someone who watched every UK game last year, I'd say a lot of that is shot selection. The UK offense was horrid for months so the coaches sort of let him chuck it out of desperation at times. His mechanics are smooth and when he gets a good look he can knock it down. With some proper spacing and improved shot selection I wouldn't be surprised if he's around 40%.

zychi

Banned
little white guy? he's like 6'8 and 220 (easily)...

he shot 70% at the basket last year.

not saying hes going to be a star but he fills such a huge void for the bulls.
A 2 guard the size of lebron? I have very low expectations for him. Shitty ncaa tourney hype. Pax better trade him for better. I like the bulls picks for den more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom