• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Draft |OT| Destroying careers before they start (if you're the first pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

LOLRAPTORSLOL

If he doesn't come over until four years later does that mean they pay him on the second round pick wage scale?

Fjordson

So I didn't watch much Wiggins.

Should I be excited?
Probably, yeah.

He completely vanished at times last year, just weirdly passive for long stretches. He can also be really robotic with his handle on the perimeter which can get him picked off by tough defenders.

But when he was good he looked pretty damn good. Unreal athlete, underrated shooter, lots of defensive potential.

Cheddahz

Banned
BrGR1OwCcAAn7xw.jpg

I know little of college basketball, so if this Napier guy is so good that lebron wants him and half this thread wants someone to block Miami from getting him, why did he last so long?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know little of college basketball, so if this Napier guy is so good that lebron wants him and half this thread wants someone to block Miami from getting him, why did he last so long?

People just want to keep a competent PG away from Miami. Any of them really. Napier might be one.

Siegcram

Because when you have the chance to draft someone named Bruno who, judging from his footage is a time traveling Kevin Durant without basketball skills, you have to do it.

zychi

Banned
Because what lebron wants is never right. Wade showed him what he really wanted

Nba draft is usually misses. This is just proving how shitty the league is talent wise besides 3 or 4 teams when teams are reaching for players that wont play for 5 years from now.

hoos30

He's small and not a great shooter, but has balls as big as a Volkswagen.

Fjordson

He's not that good. A very nice college player, but he's not going to change Miami (or any other team) in any significant way.

Pimpwerx

If that Raps pick turns into an NBA player on 2 years, I don't think it's a bad pick. Outside of the lottery, I'm fine with swinging for the fences. Especially if you're looking for players that can transforma franchise. Maybe Masai trusts his scouts. PEACE.

charsace

Probably, yeah.

He completely vanished at times last year, just weirdly passive for long stretches. He can also be really robotic with his handle on the perimeter which can get him picked off by tough defenders.

But when he was good he looked pretty damn good. Unreal athlete, underrated shooter, lots of defensive potential.
Wiggins best move off the dribble is his one dribble pull up. That should tell people that his handle is bad. You can also tell that he thinks a lot instead of feeling and reacting. The guy is a super athlete, but he needs to extend his shooting range and improve his handle enough to be a force. He'll be facing bigger, faster, and craftier defenders in the NBA so I can see his ability to draw fouls going down with the bad handle he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom