• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...nio-s-at-t-center--malfunction-183959453.html

Holy shit lol
BlL8C37.png

I hate American football and think it's a shit sport but I'm pretty sure both of them are hated in their own ways.

I've outlined why I dislike
hate
Lebron. Most of the entire Heat team is full of unlikeable people, party the reason why a lot of people hate them. As for Tom Brady, he's a product of athleticism from the Bay Area, that's the only redeeming quality of that scumbag of a person.

Wow, such drastic opinions.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I hate American football and think it's a shit sport but I'm pretty sure both of them are hated in their own ways.

I've outlined why I dislike
hate
Lebron. Most of the entire Heat team is full of unlikeable people, party the reason why a lot of people hate them. As for Tom Brady, he's a product of athleticism from the Bay Area, that's the only redeeming quality of that scumbag of a person.

Major projection here. No one on the Heat was considered unlikable until the whole Lebron thing.

TRios Zen

I had no idea there was so much Wade hate. I can understand from Dallas fans as you couldn't touch him without a whistle, but I would have thought mostly localized there.

Big game tonight, and as closely as these two teams are matched, I think it comes down to who is more focused/hungrier. Spurs get the nod for playing at home but this is probably off-set by LeBron's "Come-Back" game after his body let him down end of game 1.

Unlikely that either team will be as sloppy with the ball tonight. So I hope this game comes down to these two teams playing hard and nothing else. No huge discrepancy in free throws, no stupid call/no-call issues, just two teams playing balls-out for a championship (the way it should be).

effzee

Major projection here. No one on the Heat was considered unlikable until the whole Lebron thing.

Yup and guys like Battier, Haslem, and Allen used to be considered great veterans. But now they areven all "unlikeable".

Funny thing is the Heat also play really efficient team ball. You know the same things people bring up when they claim Spurs basketball is so fun to watch. But the Heat are unlikeble be a use reasons.

If you say they are unlikeable because of foul crying or flopping then that's 99% of the teams/players in the league.

Shun

No even before Lebron, players like Chalmers have been unlikeable. Ray Allen is unlikeable, Norris Cole is, Udonis Haslem is. The latter two May be veterans but they're assholes.

It's not because of the whole Lebron thing, most of the players and the entirety of South Beach is unlikeable.

NBA's glorification of the city has just made it worse

effzee

If you don't think I point out fouls, flops, or traveling on my own team then I don't know what to tell you. You must be new around these parts.

You constantly harp on players and teams you don't like or teams going up against your team when the point is the whole god damn league bitches about fouls and flops. If you are going to deny that you point it out over and over about Lebron/Wade/Heat then I don't know what to say. I do remember a very special post of gift you dedicated to Lebron.

In the last game alone Splitter had an Oscar worthy flop which the refs even reviewed to see if it was a flagrant foul against Lebron. Parker turned the ball over trying to flop. Yet no one cares about it. Gino's like is the grand master of the flop but he is a likeable veteran.

In the Pacers series West would have an aneurysm after each foul called against as if he has never committed a foul in his career. Lance was fined twice. No out cry.

LeBron flopping is a constant in every game. It's easier to point out games where he doesn't, since that's such a rarity. The traveling is like Jordan: an extra euro step here, a swapped pivot there, or brazenly taking an extra step on his way to the rim.

So again you have no proof but it's true just cause you say it.

effzee

No even before Lebron, players like Chalmers have been unlikeable. Ray Allen is unlikeable, Norris Cole is, Udonis Haslem is. The latter two May be veterans but they're assholes.

It's not because of the whole Lebron thing, most of the players and the entirety of South Beach is unlikeable.

Lol what the hell was Chalmers even known before the big 3 joined? How was he unlikeable unless you mean his terrible decision making at times.

Cole too? How? Your whole premise is if they play for the Heat they are unlikeable . Not because of any actual reasons for say off the court transgressions. Guys like Ray Allen are considered all class until they play for the Heat.

Why wouldn't the NBA hype up Miami. Why is it shocking? NBA champs, league mvp, and the biggest ratings draw.

Shun

Lol what the hell was Chalmers even known before the big 3 joined? How was he unlikeable unless you mean his terrible decision making at times.

Cole too? How? Your whole premise is if they play for the Heat they are unlikeable . Not because of any actual reasons for say off the court transgressions. Guys like Ray Allen are considered all class until they play for the Heat.

Why wouldn't the NBA hype up Miami. Why is it shocking? NBA champs, league mvp, and the biggest ratings draw.

Some of us follow college basketball and have found players to be disliked even before they were drafted? We still follow players like Tree Bark to see how they developed?

Ray Allen was already an unlikeable person alongside Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo, even before he left.

Particle Physicist

lol. You are just naming players and saying they are unlikeable. Entirety of South Beach unlikeable? NBA's glorification of a major vacation hot spot in the US? lol

Shun

lol. You are just naming players and saying they are unlikeable. Entirety of South Beach unlikeable? NBA's glorification of a major vacation hot spot in the US? lol

Or maybe, after visiting there, because Miami has dirtier beaches, ruder people, worse music, and worse sports culture compared to the West Coast and Bay Area?

What do I provide to show off trash talk, immaturity, stupid foul antics, and bad basketball? BleacherReport articles?

It's not like the Heat are exempt, I dislike DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Monta Ellis
he was alright with the Warriors, this was post trade
, Brandon Jennings, Paul George, etc.

Coaches aren't exempt either, I vastly like the Celtic's new coach, Brad Stevens, over Doc Rivers.

Yup and guys like Battier, Haslem, and Allen used to be considered great veterans. But now they areven all "unlikeable".

Funny thing is the Heat also play really efficient team ball. You know the same things people bring up when they claim Spurs basketball is so fun to watch. But the Heat are unlikeble be a use reasons.

If you say they are unlikeable because of foul crying or flopping then that's 99% of the teams/players in the league.
Well how do you explain it? You have to at least acknowledge that LeBron and the Heat are getting much more crap than Kobe and the Lakers (can you imagine the clusterfudge that would ensue if LeBron was accused of rape?) or Jordan and the Bulls. I think it really is because their (projected) personalities just rub people the wrong way.

Vorheez

Effzee, I agree with you 100% breh and every point you've made has been grounded in reality but you need to stop man. Just stop. You're wasting so much time/energy arguing with these guys, its not worth it, they won't hear none if it. Its all a bunch of biased garbage they regurgitate over and over to get reactions out of people.

Can't wait for game 2 tonight though

Effzee, I agree with you 100% breh and every point you've made has been grounded in reality but you need to stop man. Just stop. You're wasting so much time/energy arguing with these guys, its not worth it, they won't hear none if it. Its all a bunch of biased garbage they regurgitate over and over to get reactions out of people.

Can't wait for game 2 tonight though

Our views are those of the majority of basketball fans around the world. Please stop belittling other peoples valid posts saying it's just for reactions. We are here to have discussions if you don't like the topic of the discussion that's an issue of your own.

Particle Physicist

Our views are those of the majority of basketball fans around the world. Please stop belittling other peoples valid posts saying it's just for reactions. We are here to have discussions if you don't like the topic of the discussion that's an issue of your own.

Any polls to back this up? You guys could very well just be louder than the rest, not necessarily the majority.

It's like anti-Apple hate on the Internet is pretty standard, but their devices still sell like hot cakes.

Jag

Really?

Coaches aren't exempt either, I vastly like the Celtic's new coach, Brad Stevens, over Doc Rivers.

How the hell do you hate on Doc?? Is that a majority of basketball fan's opinions?

You guys realize how childish it is to openly say, how much you hate and dislike people you have never met, right?

I hate...so/so because he doesn't play for my team.

Just breathe, please. Enjoy the competition.

Vorheez

I'm just trying to help someone out Fox, I've been lurking this entire time and it pains me to see effzee go through this. Just looking out, its all good man.

Or maybe, after visiting there, because Miami has dirtier beaches, ruder people, worse music, and worse sports culture compared to the West Coast and Bay Area?

What do I provide to show off trash talk, immaturity, stupid foul antics, and bad basketball? BleacherReport articles?

It's not like the Heat are exempt, I dislike DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Monta Ellis
he was alright with the Warriors, this was post trade
, Brandon Jennings, Paul George, etc.

Lmao

I'll give you the sports culture part but Miami is a great tourist city with some of the most beautiful weather and women in the whole United States.

And by the way the Bay Area fucking sucks outside of San Francisco

Shun

You guys realize how childish it is to openly say, how much you hate and dislike people you have never met, right?

That's exactly what I'm not arguing, why would I want a player like Paul George, John Wall, or Brandon Jennings to play on the Warriors or Spurs?

I haven't met Mitt Romney or Donald Sterling but I can piece together the bullshit they've said and pulled off throughout the years and dislike the person. I don't have to have met a certain player or person for them to rub me the wrong way through the way they act publicly.

As for Doc Rivers, he's a damn good coach I'll give him that. But like Phil Jackson, he's an ass. The way he props himself on the court to the refs and the fact that he puts blinders on whenever it comes to accolades is reason enough.

Whether it's the Magic, Celtics, or Clippers, the dude thinks his fucking team deserves every award from MVP to Sixth Man of the Year to Coach of the Year, almost every year...

Brad Stevens is a great change of pace and he looks to develop into a strong coach, after his great NCAA pedigree.

We're here to argue and debate and it makes no sense to nonchalantly shoot down someone's opinion, especially if it's not MVP level nonsense.

Lmao

I'll give you the sports culture part but Miami is a great tourist city with some of the most beautiful weather and women in the whole United States.

It's an opinion. Miami did not leave a positive lasting opinion on a young Japanese male from the West Coast.

Oakland, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, and San Jose says nope.

MVP and Bionic show their Jordan hate with impunity and no one doesn't say a thing.

That's exactly what I'm not arguing, why would I want a player like Paul George, John Wall, or Brandon Jennings to play on the Warriors or Spurs?

I haven't met Mitt Romney or Donald Sterling but I can piece together the bullshit they've said and pulled off throughout the years and dislike the person. I don't have to have met a certain player or person for them to rub me the wrong way through the way they act publicly.

As for Doc Rivers, he's a damn good coach I'll give him that. But like Phil Jackson, he's an ass. The way he props himself on the court to the refs and the fact that he puts blinders on whenever it comes to accolades is reason enough.

Whether it's the Magic, Celtics, or Clippers, the dude thinks his fucking team deserves every award from MVP to Sixth Man of the Year to Coach of the Year, almost every year...

Brad Stevens is a great change of pace and he looks to develop into a strong coach, after his great NCAA pedigree.

We're here to argue and debate and it makes no sense to nonchalantly shoot down someone's opinion, especially if it's not MVP level nonsense.

It's an opinion. Miami did not leave a positive lasting opinion on a young Japanese male from the West Coast.

Oakland, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, and San Jose says nope.

Miami treats me fine and I'm a relatively young Filipino male from the West Coast

Miami is more than just South Beach (which is kind of a tourist trap anyway). You should give it another chance
and hit me up when you do

Also there's a reason they call it "Man" Jose

You constantly harp on players and teams you don't like or teams going up against your team when the point is the whole god damn league bitches about fouls and flops. If you are going to deny that you point it out over and over about Lebron/Wade/Heat then I don't know what to say. I do remember a very special post of gift you dedicated to Lebron.

What?!? I call out floppers for flopping. I called out KD for his mid-air histrionics that looked like it came straight out of a 70s kung fu flick. It's all garbage and I call it regardless.

The .gif post of LeBron flopping like a fish out of water is necessary. He is one of the most egregious and offensive guys in the league in that department. You think I had to search far and wide for those? Everyone knows the dude is a giant flopper...even you.

Shun

Miami treats me fine and I'm a relatively young Filipino male from the West Coast

Miami is more than just South Beach (which is kind of a tourist trap anyway). You should give it another chance
and hit me up when you do

Also there's a reason they call it "Man" Jose

Forsure, currently in Boston for school and I'll definitely give Florida, and the rest of the Southern America, another shot with my flatmates soon enough.

Ay nako, I've never heard anyone call it Man Jose, even in SoCal...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Manu brought flopping to the NBA. If anything, he should be getting the most 'hate'

I'd say Vlade Divac revolutionized flopping during his days on the Kings (just a little bit before Manu). I used to be a huge Divac fan when he was on the Lakers but I don't really remember him flopping on the Cedric Ceballos/Eddie Jones teams. It's been a curse on the NBA since but if your not cheating you're not trying.

Online poll of the US for which team overall states want to win is certainly equivalent to worldwide hate of Lebron and the Miami Heat.

First of all you missed that globe next to Florida there. Second of all, if you got a better more specific poll with 500k participants I would love to see it.

Until then I'd say I've held up my end of the bargain far better.

genjiZERO

Forsure, currently in Boston for school and I'll definitely give Florida, and the rest of the Southern America, another shot with my flatmates soon enough.

Ay nako, I've never heard anyone call it Man Jose, even in SoCal...

IMO, Florida is a wretched place to live if you're Asian. Although North Florida is a lot worse than South Florida.

But on-topic:

I predict Miami will win by 15 tonight.

Espi

Banned

This

Talent like LeBron doesn't come around often. Tim Duncan was the best player of the last generation and most people didn't even get to appreciate it because they were too busy bitching about stupid stuff.

Particle Physicist

First of all you missed that globe next to Florida there. Second of all, if you got a better more specific poll with 500k participants I would love to see it.

Until then, I'd say I've held up my end up the bargain far better.

The countries on the globe are all white. What team do they want to win? Online polls are a joke, they are rarely acurate and can easily be hijacked by members of certain websites and the like. It's why online polls are usually discounted in politics as well. Were those 500k votes absolutely unique as well?

It also says nothing about actual Lebron and Miami Heat "hate." You guys are conflating team preference with hate.

The countries on the globe are all white. What team do they want to win? Online polls are a joke, they are rarely acurate and can easily e hijacked by members of certain websites and the like. It's why online polls are usually discounted in politics as well. Were those 500k votes absolutely unique as well?

You see how the outline of the globe is red and not blue or green? That means the majority of votes outside the US want the Spurs to win.

But again if there is a better poll out there in existence I have no problem seeing it. Until then we make due with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom