• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
How many teams in the west can win four playoff series. Please list them. Please...
Against Eastern teams? All of them?
too true

Folks, look, the East is biiiiiiitch-made. It's no secret. You basically get two byes and then a real series in the CF. Fucking joke...

If OKC and Miami switched coasts, OKC would have 4 finals trips too. Same goes for the Spurs(with no OKC or Miami to deal with). And Miami would actually get tested for more than just one round each year. The East is just shit.

How many teams in the west can realistically win four playoffs series and win a ring.

please list them.

All this Western shit. And its only Lakers Spurs and OKC making the Finals.

Please stop. Just please.

Mxrz

West is getting a wee bit overrated for a bunch of jump shooting teams. I have a hard time believing a healthy Kobe, with a half decent Lakers squad, wouldn't made the WCF this year. The Spurs and Memphis are dangerous, but the rest. Feh.

Furyous

I'm still waiting for you to point out a single blatant fallacy. Arguing that I can't compare the two players is merely your opinion, and it's a rather silly one at that. I certainly can, and the comparison paints LeBron in a very poor light.

As far as Jordan not facing as much scrutiny as LeBron, that may be true. Facebook and Twitter weren't around back then. Jordan also NEVER choked in an NBA Finals. He was 6 for 6, winning the Finals MVP each time. He NEVER lost with a championship on the line. He never disappeared for entire fourth quarters, deferred to teammates to hit game winners, or faked leg injuries and cramps when he couldn't handle the pressure. What was there to scrutinize?

Are you a Cavs fan or Jordan worshipper? That is the only way this agenda makes sense.

As for fallacies in your arguments: All of them are laughable but a few stick out more than others. You cite bronze medals in 04 and 06 when Bron was new to the league. Somehow you fail to include Bron's gold medals. Lebron doesn't flop in every playoff game. Anyone that watched Lebron in Cleveland knows this. Lebron always defers to teammates as he's in the mold of Magic. Jordan deferred to Steve Kerr... L.
Lebron makes the correct basketball play all the time so that's another correction.
The whole "couldn't handle the pressure" Skip Baseless argument is laughable. Multiple MVPs prove they can handle pressure. Ask the Pistons if Lebron can handle pressure. Look at Lebron's entire history and laugh at yourself.

Clearly, this is your agenda and that's fine understand it's laughable and makes you come across as hurt.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So everybody in west is beating MIA or IND in the conf finals.

whooa boy. Lol.

No. If they take the place of Miami all the teams out West could be in the Finals. Miami is the only Eastern team that can beat the top 8-9 Western teams. But even those games would be a coin-toss (just like these finals).

So 50% chance of winning round 1.
50% chance of winning round 2
50% chance of winning the conference finals.

12% chance of reaching the Finals if they are in the West. I'd give them maybe 20% since they are slightly better than a few teams in the Western conference playoffs.

The point is that the Heat are basically given an almost free ride to the Finals where they have a 50/50 chance of winning. A team out of the west has already been through a bloodbath just to make it to the Finals. Which makes the Spurs nothing short of a miracle for doing it two years in a row.

Clevinger

whooa boy. Lol.

More capable, anyway. IND, the only other contender, was imploding garbage. Memphis, a 7th seed in the west, would give Miami or any other eastern team a ton more trouble. Hell, even the Mavs would have given Miami more trouble than Indiana.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
How many teams in the west can realistically win four playoffs series and win a ring.

please list them.

All this Western shit. And its only Lakers Spurs and OKC making the Finals.

Please stop. Just please.

Do you have a mental block that keeps you from naming the Mavs? hahahaha

2nd best in East is maybe 10th in West so make of it what you will.

Tom Penny

Down double digits dancing on the court..Heat Culture

856437486.gif

whooa boy. Lol.

For Pacer

Not Memphis they lack perimeter play Pacers would win. GS w/Bogut healthy would beat Indiana. Other playoff teams would as well except Memphis

Heat would lose to Clippers based on matchup. Depends on which DWade Miami has and if Chalmers just gets outplayed by elite PGs so badly Lebron has to work on defense end. But Heat could beat some West teams

Are you a Cavs fan or Jordan worshipper? That is the only way this agenda makes sense.

As for fallacies in your arguments: All of them are laughable but a few stick out more than others. You cite bronze medals in 04 and 06 when Bron was new to the league. Somehow you fail to include Bron's gold medals. Lebron doesn't flop in every playoff game. Anyone that watched Lebron in Cleveland knows this. Lebron always defers to teammates as he's in the mold of Magic. Jordan deferred to Steve Kerr... L.
Lebron makes the correct basketball play all the time so that's another correction.
The whole "couldn't handle the pressure" Skip Baseless argument is laughable. Multiple MVPs prove they can handle pressure. Ask the Pistons if Lebron can handle pressure. Look at Lebron's entire history and laugh at yourself.

Clearly, this is your agenda and that's fine understand it's laughable and makes you come across as hurt.

I was listing accomplishments unique to LeBron that Jordan will never achieve. It's pretty straight forward in that context.

Jordan has a gold medal, so that's not relevant.

LeBron does, in fact, flop in every playoff game.

Jordan never deferred to Kerr the way LeBron stopped playing in the Finals as a Cav.

Passing to an open teammate for a three is never something I would criticize any player for, but it's nice of you to invent that argument for me.

LeBron does not make the correct basketball play all the time. Laughable. Were his seven turnovers, multiple asinine fouls, and disappearance in this game examples of making the right plays?

LeBron's history supports my assertion that he can't handle the pressure and he chokes frequently in big games. His Finals record speaks for itself.

Jordan's Worst game ever in the Finals, he dropped 22. James had had entire series where he fails to hit that mark.

Mentioning a regular season MVP as a mark that LeBron can handle pressure makes zero sense, but you knew that when you brought it up twice.

PBY

Banned
I was listing accomplishments unique to LeBron that Jordan will never achieve. It's pretty straight forward in that context.

Jordan has a gold medal, so that's not relevant.

LeBron does, in fact, flop in every playoff game.

Jordan never deferred to Kerr the way LeBron stopped playing in the Finals as a Cav.

Passing to an open teammate for a three is never something I would criticize any player for, but it's nice of you to invent that argument for me.

LeBron does not make the correct basketball play all the time. Laughable. Where his seven turnovers, multiple asinine fouls, and disappearance in this game examples of making the right plays?

LeBron's history supports my assertion that he can't handle the pressure and he chokes frequently in big games. His Finals record speaks for itself.

Jordan's Worst game ever in the Finals, he dropped 22. James had had entire series where he fails to hit that mark.

Mentioning a regular season MVP as a mark that LeBron can handle pressure makes zero sense, but you knew that when you brought it up twice.

lmao

Fine, only two teams in the west capable of winning a ring.

And have both already lost to MIA.

Happy?

MIA matches up really poorly with Memphis. and unlike Indiana, they have a real point guard in Mike Conley.
That said, nobody other than OKC, Spurs and Memphis would be able to handle MIA's scoring.

What are you even saying? Are you saying MIA would've made 4 straight finals coming out of the west?

Why wouldn't they?

Spurs just got the one seed by playing .500 ball vs good teams. And .800 ball vs scrub teams.

LeBron and company are not capable of that?

When they've already beat the West 2 of 3 for rings. And most likely hold a .600 record vs the west, regular season, over the past four seasons.

By all means, tell me how mighty the western conference is.

Why wouldn't they?

Spurs just got the one seed by playing .500 ball vs good teams. And .800 ball vs scrub teams.

LeBron and company are not capable of that?

When they've already beat the West 2 of 3 for rings. And most likely hold a .600 record vs the west, regular season, over the past four seasons.

By all means, tell me how mighty the western conference is.
Miami wouldnt be playing garbage teams in the first round though, like the Bobcats and the Bucks. They would get beat up more on account of playing superior competition.
The Mavs team from this year would have pushed Miami to 6 games, they were better than that shitty Pacers team MIA played in the conference Finals

Miami wouldnt be playing garbage teams in the first round though, like the Bobcats and the Bucks. They would get beat up more on account of playing superior competition.

So MiA wins 4-1 instead of a sweep. Awesome.

Have you not watched the Heat play hoops over the past four years?

Edit: So the only argument available is that they'd win in more games. This west is soooo tough.

Jonm1010

Banned
How is this even a discussion?

The east is bitchmade. OKC, Memphis, Dallas, LAC, Spurs, Houston, Golden state and Portland all would of been more difficult matchups then what Miami faced their first 2 series. Most of them would of taken out a collapsing Indiana as well.

Some of those matchups would of gave Miami fits. And let's not bullshit about regular season records, OKC swept the Spurs and look how that worked out.

Miami would have a monumentally increased difficulty making it to the finals if they were in the west. It would wear them down more and there are legit arguments to make that they could of been upset by some of these teams.

How is this even a discussion?

The east is bitchmade. OKC, Memphis, Dallas, LAC, Spurs, Houston, Golden state and Portland all would of been more difficult matchups then what Miami faced their first 2 series. Most of them would of taken out a collapsing Indiana as well.

Some of those matchups would of gave Miami fits. And let's not bullshit about regular season records, OKC swept the Spurs and look how that worked out.

Miami would have a monumentally increased difficulty making it to the finals if they were in the west. It would wear them down more and there are legit arguments to make that they could of been upset by some of these teams.

Which mid tier team is beating the Heat if the Spurs are in the conf. Finals every season.

Can we just stop?

None of these teams are beating the Spurs, how are they gonna beat the champs??

Abounder

Banned
The Heat could have been upset if they battled in the West especially since Bosh and co. missed some key playoffs games (like in 2012 where Bosh was injured after G1 of the Pacers series and didn't come back until G5 vs the Celtics)

The West has the coaching, physicality, shooting, size, and matchup problems to win vs almost any team including the Heat

The Heat could have been upset if they battled in the West especially since Bosh and co. missed some key playoffs games (like in 2012 where Bosh was injured after G1 of the Pacers series and didn't come back until G5 vs the Celtics)

The West has the coaching, physicality, shooting, size, and matchup problems to win vs almost any team including the Heat

In this alternate reality, Bosh probably doesnt get hurt.

So we have to try harder for ways to disparage the Heats success.

Squalor

kawaii~~~ leonard was such a beast last night
I hope he continues to play with that kind of confidence.

The fact that he did it on the road makes it even more impressive.

And, no, the Heat wouldn't have made four consecutive Finals appearances in the West.

Abounder

Banned
In this alternate reality, Bosh probably doesnt get hurt.

So we have to try harder for ways to disparage the Heats success.

Say what? The East has been a joke of a conference before LeBron had success. It's more like respecting the West instead of disparaging Miami.

Jonm1010

Banned
Which mid tier team is beating the Heat if the Spurs are in the conf. Finals every season.

Can we just stop?

None of these teams are beating the Spurs, how are they gonna beat the champs??
You know I would have to go back and find the post but last time this discussion came up I went and reseeded the teams as if the nba did the much talked about idea of just putting the best 16 teams into the playoffs and bracketing them.

It's a little foggy but Miami would of had to go through brooklyn in the first round, Chicago, Indiana or Memphis in the second, and then likely OKC or SA before reaching the finals.

I don't think the point is that Miami would lose every year in the west but that the road would be demonstrably harder, the wear on the team much greater and the ability to faulter and get upset like SA and others have in the past is much higher.

Squalor

So MIA wouldn't win 55 games if they got to play the Kings and other bottom feeders 3 or 4 times?
Mami won 54 games. The fact that the East's third seed wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the West based upon record is all the proof I need.

No one here is saying Miami would be a bad team, but you seem to be slurping way too hard.

The West is tougher than the East. It has been for a long time.

Mami won 54 games. The fact that the East's third seed wouldn't even have made the playoffs in the West based upon record is all the proof I need.

No one here is saying Miami would be a bad team, but you seem to be slurping way too hard.

The West is tougher than the East. It has been for a long time.

What does every other team have to do with the talent on the MIA heat?

Why wouldn't a healthy Heat team dominate the west? When the Spurs just won 60 games playing .500 ball vs the top teams in the whole league.

Squalor

There haven't been more than three really good East teams in any given year for a really long time.

Things would be different if Derrick Rose's knees were made of papier-mâché, but even then the West would still be the harder conference.
Are you really arguing that the heat would have an easier time competing in the west during the regular season? Or even just being no different?
Holy shit, this guy is 100% serious.

This is a level-ten fanboy/groupie/homer.

You can't even have a logical, analytical conversation with him about the Heat.

I'm bowing out before I lose any more brain cells.

We just saw a prime Heat team win 27 games in a row. And mid tier West teams are supposed to be a problem?

Is the anti heat slant THAT real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom