• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
Today I learned:

- That the eastern conference as a whole is just as tough as the western conference. Despite every measurable fact stating otherwise.

- That the western playoff matchups over the years are just as difficult as the eastern conference playoff matchups. Despite every measurable fact stating otherwise.

- That even if the west was stronger, that the Heat could joins a tougher conference and they will actually win more games.

- That even if the west was stronger and the Heat joined the tougher conference that team would still have just as easy a time getting to a championship. Wouldn't have any more likelihood of being upset or potentially have more difficult matchups.

Why keep bringing up all 15 teams, when MIA is the only one who is 20-10 and 25-5, the last two seasons vs the west?

Just give MIA their fucking props, damn.

Beant

Why keep bringing up all 15 teams, when MIA is the only one who is 20-10 and 25-5, the last two seasons vs the west?

Because it is not a hard concept. The west is better than the east, all 8 seeds are real threats. No one is saying isn't a great team, but having to play better teams in each round of the playoffs means better chances of upsets. Maybe they would still get to the finals each time, but the odds of them getting there are certainly less.

Squalor

Between bionic and jordan I'm pretty sure a college student could write their psych final on this thread alone
Don't forget about Demur "I Know for a Fact LeBron James Dopes with Rafael Nadal" Onion.

The crazy is getting out of hand.
That's true he would get the entire spectrum. Normal from me and crazy as fuck from Jordan.
You're living a catch-22.

You can't admit to being crazy, yet whenever you say you're normal, we know it's only because you're too crazy to realize that's not true.

Jonm1010

Banned

No one isn't giving them props. They have been the most talented team over the last 4 years.

What people are saying is that being in an inferior conference allows them to play inferior competition on an easier schedule and allows an easier road to the finals. The upset potential is lower for the Heat in the East, the fatigue to their team is lower due to easier competition and the wear and tear is notably less.

Out of conference games are literally the lowest priority in terms of games in the NBA. And if the heat are in the west they are playing less cupcake games a season and are more of a priority for western conference teams.

People are just baffled because you seem to deny what is obvious to 99.9% of sports fans.

Well Dirk god saved us from a potential 4 peat by Miami so let's all give our thanks

:p

Based Dirk. The people's champion. You have my eternal love and gratitude.

Came in to talk about the game...

*slowly backs out*

The exact thing I was going to post. I'll stick to lurking.

The game finished last night, and everyone was discussing it, the outcome, and possible series ramifications in great detail. Feel free to join us for the next one, or let us know what's on your mind right now. All opinions are welcome. I've seen nothing on the previous five pages that precludes people from talking about the game.

No one isn't giving them props. They have been the most talented team over the last 4 years.

What people are saying is that being in an inferior conference allows them to play lower competitor and have an easier road to the finals. This the upset potential is lower, the fatigue is lower and the wear and year is less.

Out of conference games are literally the lowest priority in terms of games in the NBA. And if the heat are in the west they are playing less cupcake games a season and are more of a priority for western conference teams.

I just watched LAL go to three consecutive finals twice.

The bottom of the west is as much shit as the bottom of the East.

Please stop convincing yourself a healthy Heat team wouldn't go 3-0 4-0 vs all those scrub teams just like we just watched the damn Spurs do. Please stop. The heat are a top 4 team in either conference. Shit!

If Kobe and the Lakers did it. So can Lebron. GOD DAMN!

Squalor

Hate for the Heat will double next year when Lebron recruits Melo to help him get rings.
Yeah, right, as if LeBron would take another pay cut.

That would be a pay cut on his pay cut. Not happening. Carmelo would have to take less than max, as well.

Why wouldn't they?

Spurs just got the one seed by playing .500 ball vs good teams. And .800 ball vs scrub teams.

LeBron and company are not capable of that?

When they've already beat the West 2 of 3 for rings. And most likely hold a .600 record vs the west, regular season, over the past four seasons.

By all means, tell me how mighty the western conference is.
The thing is that they face these western teams one time per playoffs (the Finals, obviously). What people are arguing and I'd lean towards agreeing with is that if you put the Heat in the Wester Conf. and have them have to play the Spurs, Clips, AND the Thunder (Grizzlies and Warriors too, to an extent) they likely won't make the Finals three years in a row. It's a fair argument, as teams 2-8 in the West likely walk over 3-8 in the East with barely a sweat broken.

Edit: ahh but I'm lttp. I see various folks have already iterated on this very thing. Carry on.

tumblr_n2yurqW7rq1qb3b0to1_500.jpg

I got no words

Jonm1010

Banned
I just watched LAL go to three consecutive finals twice.

The bottom of the west is as much shit as the bottom of the East.

Please stop convincing yourself a healthy Heat team wouldn't go 3-0 4-0 vs all those scrub teams just like we just watched the damn Spurs do. Please stop. The heat are a top 4 team in either conference. Shit!

If Kobe and the Lakers did it. So can Lebron. GOD DAMN!
If it was pathetic before I don't even have words at this point.

1.) No one -I repeat no one - is saying the heat couldn't get to the finals in the west. You keep arguing straw men.

2.) And no I do not think the heat of this season cruise undefeated to the finals in the west. If they couldn't do it in the east why would they do it playing tougher teams in the west? You really think the heat shut out teams like OKC, Houston, LAC or Memphis?? You are really arguing that? That the team that dropped games to the Nets and Indiana would all of the sudden go undefeated? The team down 2-1 to the Spurs?

You are really doing a good job ensuring no one will ever take you seriously going forward.

That was in reference to regular season records.

But as I said, Kobe led the Lakers to three straight in a tougher conference. MIA can easily do the same.

Ragnarok

TIL the bottom of the West is just as shit as the bottom of the East.

Meaning the grizzlies are just as shit as the hawks...

Squalor

TIL the bottom of the West is just as shit as the bottom of the East.
Meaning the grizzlies are just as shit as the hawks...
I think he means the Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Lakers, and Sacramento Kings are as bad as the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers, and Orlando Magic.

In which case . . . he would still be delusional and wrong as shit.

Jonm1010

Banned
Now what.

MIA can be the best team in the west. They already win .600 of their games in a small sample size.

You tell me MIA can't go consecutive times. I tell you LA recently did it.

Is this the part where you say don't compare LeBron to Kobe?

You keep trying to argue arguments people aren't making.

I and others have spelled it out for you at a third grade level multiple times now. If you don't get it by now you aren't ever going to get it.

Comparing what LA did 5-7 years ago when the landscape of the NBA was different has no bearing on what this years heat would do if they were in the west playing against the western teams of today. And has even less bearing on the arguments I was making, which again, are written out for you at a grade school level multiple times on this page and the last.

Ragnarok

I think he means the Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Lakers, and Sacramento Kings are as bad as the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers, and Orlando Magic.

In which case . . . he would still be delusional and wrong as shit.

Oh my bad. Well that point is bit more reasonable, but honestly the Kings might be the 8th seed in the east lol.

Congrats on your screen name being an homage to Michael Jordan, the greatest player to ever step on an NBA court. Nothing else you have posted these last few pages makes any sense.

If the league didn't have two separate conferences, the teams played each other in an equitable distributive fashion, and the playoffs were seeded based solely on records...three, maybe four teams in the current Eastern conference would qualify.

Miami would probably be a #2 or #3 seed. Indiana would be a #5 or #6 seed. The Nets and Raptors could possibly squeeze in as #8 seeds. That's it. The other 12 teams in the playoffs are all coming out of the West.

The very link your provided proves our point for us, so thank you.

BadAss2961

Can we stop talking about the obvious quality gap between the East and Western conferences, and get back to LeBron's disappearing act last night? And him and Wade acting like little girls in the postgame?

I'm getting bored here.

Doomsayer

It is utterly insufferable to be in this thread now.

It's actually worse now than it was before it got shut down, twice. Congrats, you guys.

Squalor

Can we stop talking about the obvious quality gap between the East and Western conferences, and get back to LeBron's disappearing act last night? And him and Wade acting like little girls in the postgame?

I'm getting bored here.
He shied away from taking control of the game. The Heat's terrible point guards shouldn't have been running the offense. However, when Popovich went to a two-point set, Spoelstra decided to counter that with a point guard. It definitely didn't work out.

With that said, Kawhi Leonard played absolutely incredible individual defense on James, which allowed the team to play great team defense on him. Though, that did lead to a lot of open threes.

That reporter asked a dumb, nearly indecipherable question.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So the Heat have it easy, are well-rested, get to blow out easy seeds, and are given a path to the finals. So what will it mean when the Spurs beat them for the championship this year after their crucible playoffs? ;)

Imagine if the Heat were in the West? People would complain they had three rounds and would be "gifted" the finals because the East is so bad.

The Heat are a top-tier team and they're where they deserve to be, and they're playing a strong opponent in the finals. What, would you rather it be the Showtime Lakers vs the Pacers, Sixers, and Nets again? Were those championships more "legit?"

It's the two best teams in the league (objectively, not by record) in the finals, with 7 future HoFers playing. This is a good thing.

It is utterly insufferable to be in this thread now.

It's actually worse now than it was before it got shut down, twice. Congrats, you guys.

bruh you have a whole different forum to post to your heart's content. I don't understand posting just to talk about how shitty a thread is

Wow it is NBA GAF the Next Generation.

Amazing.

Anyway Lebatard talking about this guy Bobby Ramos who asked crazy angry questions yesterday to Spolstra and Wade. If you have not heard it you need to, it is like one of you guys got to ask a question to them, I bet it is somewhere on the internet. The responses were perfect.

Amazing.

Anyway Lebatard talking about this guy Bobby Ramos who asked crazy angry questions yesterday to Spolstra and Wade. If you have not heard it you need to, it is like one of you guys got to ask a question to them, I bet it is somewhere on the internet. The responses were perfect.

Spo's answer was perfect. "Clearly"

Doomsayer

This is your first post in the entire thread. It contributes nothing. I'm sure you'll survive.

bruh you have a whole different forum to post to your heart's content. I don't understand posting just to talk about how shitty a thread is

I was a regular in this community since I registered, and the fact that this is now a bastardized version of the community I was a part of at one point saddens me. It was NEVER this bad before.

agrajag

Banned

Amazing.

Lol, that guy was so obnoxious.

I was a regular in this community since I registered, and the fact that this is now a bastardized version of the community I was a part of at one point saddens me. It was NEVER this bad before.

I've been a part of NBA GAF for three years. It was much, much worse.

Feel free to keep yelling at clouds.

Resilient

Holy batman , NBA GAF was bad but never this bad. I mean it feels like it's going through all the motions again. I've seen some of these arguments made during the forever based Dallas Mavericks Championship Finals Series.

Man, seriously. We have people saying LBJ is on roids and others poking fun at Wades knees. Keep it together you guys. Don't run out of breath with all these killer arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom