• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Finals |OT| Some dude guarantees they will win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

We just saw a prime Heat team win 27 games in a row. And mid tier West teams are supposed to be a problem?

Is the anti heat slant THAT real?

How hard to imagine the Heat road to final if they're at the west, we're talking about trip to final that needed more than 15 game every year.. is that really hard for you? is really hard to imagine Memphis Grizzlies would be tougher 1st round matchup than Charlotte Bobcats?

I'm not even talking they wouldn't trip to final multiple time in a row.

When will people realize this guy is just another roided out linebacker playing basketball with top notch athleticism.

The guy shows not one ounce of the predatory vision that Jordan encompassed for his many years in the NBA. Lebron isn't agile lol. He doesn't even do pretty. He friggin' barrels through people with a limited skill set. This guy is so much hype it makes me sick. Dude got outplayed last night.

His cheater buddy with his bad knees. Prolly too many injection holes in those knees for him to feel anything anymore with all the roids Wade done.

Funny how most of the posts in here are butthurt heat fans atm.

How hard to imagine the Heat road to final if they're at the west, we're talking about trip to final that needed more than 15 game every year.. is that really hard for you? is really hard to imagine Memphis Grizzlies would be tougher 1st round matchup than Charlotte Bobcats?

Who can beat the HEAT in the west? This is a simple question.

winning 4-2 instead of 4-0 is still a win.

Spurs just did 4-3 4-0 4-2. Why the hell couldn't MIA do that?

There is no reason to believe a healthy Heat team wouldn't go 57-25 and go to the Finals multiple times in the west.

WoodWERD

Holy shit, this guy is 100% serious. This is a level-ten fanboy/groupie/homer. You can't even have a logical, analytical conversation with him about the Heat. I'm bowing out before I lose any more brain cells.

Pretty much...Blue Ruin is awesome btw, props.

PEAS

tumblr_n2yurqW7rq1qb3b0to1_500.jpg

Jonm1010

Banned

It's not even worth it anymore. He's lost.

He literally seems to be arguing that a Heat team, that won 54 games with an inferior eastern conference schedule, would win 60 games in the far more competitive west, because spurs... Who they are down 2-1 right now and would have been down 3-0 if they hit their FT's.

Talon

When will people realize this guy is just another roided out linebacker playing basketball with top notch athleticism.

The guy shows not one ounce of the predatory vision that Jordan encompassed for his many years in the NBA. Lebron isn't agile lol. He doesn't even do pretty. He friggin' barrels through people with a limited skill set. This guy is so much hype it makes me sick. Dude got outplayed last night.

His cheater buddy with his bad knees. Prolly too many injection holes in those knees for him to feel anything anymore with all the roids Wade done.

This is straight outta 2010.

Versace

TfudeKz.gif

Blablurn

now tell us how you really feel

Jonm1010

Banned
Who can beat the HEAT in the west? This is a simple question.

winning 4-2 instead of 4-0 is still a win.

Spurs just did 4-3 4-0 4-2. Why the hell couldn't MIA do that?

There is no reason to believe a healthy Heat team wouldn't go 57-25 and go to the Finals multiple times in the west.
Are you even reading what people are writing?

It's not even worth it anymore. He's lost.

He literally seems to be arguing that a Heat team, that won 54 games with an inferior eastern conference schedule, would win 60 games in the far more competitive west, because spurs... Who they are down 2-1 right now and would have been down 3-0 if they hit their FT's.

MIA won 27 in a row with a healthy Wade. Don't sell me on a conf that they've beaten the top 2 teams for rings.

I see this thread got real crazy after the game...

West is better than the East as a conference, that's a given. Heat obviously still do well.

Talon

I'm glad the people that went through mental gymnastics to hate on MJ in the 90s had children who are continuing the tradition.

I'm glad the people that went through mental gymnastics to hate on MJ in the 90s had children who are continuing the tradition.

LOL. Some people just cannot accept that not only will Lebron never be Jordan, he doesn't possess anything even remotely like him. Lebron has the dunks, and the drive. That is it. His defense is overrated if you ask me but he ain't bad there. How could you be when roids make you that quick and large. Roids can do a lot for some kids. They sent him to the top, but purely about basketball pffft this guy is not pure basketball. His jumper looks like a damn grandma shooting.

He ain't no Kobe either. He don't possess the finesse necessary to be considered the greatest ever.

You just refuse to be rational don't you?

How am I the irrational one.

People are saying that a team with the best player in the league and back up would be a avg western conference team.

4 pages of talk and nobody has a list of more than 3 teams who can beat the Heat. If the heat get a top 4 seed, they'd only have to play two of those teams.

But yea, the warriors mavs rockets suns grizzlies are 'giving them trouble'. So scary...

People are saying that a team with the best player in the league and back up would be am avg western conference team.

4 pages of talk and nobody has a list of more than 3 teams who can beat the Heat. If the heat get a top 4 seed, they'd only have to play two of those teams.

But yea, the warriors mavs rockets suns grizzlies are 'giving them trouble'. So scary...

Last I checked he didn't even win the MVP bud.

I mean even Jordan has rivals that bested him in certain ways. I'd argue a couple times that certain players were on Jordan's level and the same thing here. Durant just don't have the heavies he needs. When he does fine them look out.

Talon

The wide spectrum going from Miami bandwagon fans to the delusional Lebron haters that are still hanging onto old man Kobe really put the rest of us basketball fans in a weird place, don't they?

The wide spectrum going from Miami bandwagon fans to the delusional Lebron haters that are still hanging onto old man Kobe really put the rest of us basketball fans in a weird place, don't they?

Delusional? You show me what this kid can do without his Miami clinic and team of chemists? If the guy didn't move like a board I'd maybe make some concessions. If he wasn't controlled by what amounts to a rookie last night I might make some concessions.

Barring one great three point shot, and a shortened season, this guy has nothing. Jordan's teams would have won every one of those championships and that is all that matters. They always found a way.

With that said, I bow out.

You bowed out about six posts ago, bud.

The Heat couldn't win 55 games in the East ffs, how would they have done it in the West?

Don't bring reason into this. The Heat fan base believes their team is the GOAT. LVP predicted they would easily coast to the best record of all-time.

I stated at the beginning of these playoffs that the Heat wouldn't even make the Finals this year out of the West. I stand by that claim. I also firmly believe that which ever team came out on top in the West would beat them in the Finals. Time will tell, but it's looking good so far.

Kanguro

Neo Member
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-went-there-the-spurs-pressure-cooker/

Great analysis by Zach Lowe as usual. I found this bit crucial:

Miami has turned the ball over on 19.9 percent of its possessions in this series, a number that would have been the worst in the league for the season by a mile. They are usually the team causing turnover issues; ask Ginobili about last year’s Finals. It is hard to win while losing the turnover battle to the league’s most polished offensive team.

Chalmers turining into poo and Wade playing sloppily has really cost the Heat.

Bowser

Delusional? You show me what this kid can do without his Miami clinic and team of chemists? If the guy didn't move like a board I'd maybe make some concessions. If he wasn't controlled by what amounts to a rookie last night I might make some concessions.

Barring one great three point shot, and a shortened season, this guy has nothing. Jordan's teams would have won every one of those championships and that is all that matters. They always found a way.

6HI5Rf0.gif

Jonm1010

Banned

People are saying that a team with the best player in the league and back up would be a avg western conference team.

Again, the heat won 54 games this season playing an inferior eastern conference schedule. Which would of been between the 4 and the 6 seed. You actually made the argument they could of won 60 in the west which is ludicrous.

No one is saying it was a guarantee for them to lose in the playoffs if they were in the west, people are saying they would if had a harder time and could of been upset at one point in the last few years because the matchups would of been tougher, the season slog tougher, the playoff fatigue greater, the potential for an upset greater.

Ragnarok

The rockets and especially the grizz would give Miami fits....

Again, the heat won 54 games this season playing an inferior eastern conference schedule. Which would of been between the 4 and the 6 seed. You actually made the argument they could of won 60 in the west which is ludicrous.

No one is saying it was a guarantee for them to lose in the playoffs if they were in the west, people are saying they would if had a harder time and could of been upset at one point in the last few years because the matchups would of been tougher, the season slog tougher, the playoff fatigue greater, the potential for an upset greater.

As ludicrous as them going 66-16 last season?

And? That's who wade is now.

What about the last three seasons when he was ok. And in that span won 66 games.

Why y'all want the Heat to fail so much.

They go 66-16 healthy, "THEY COULDNT DO IT IN THE WEST"

When by virtue of win loss vs west opponents they basically did it.

Ragnarok

What about the last three seasons when he was ok. And in that span won 66 games.

Why y'all want the Heat to fail so much.

They go 66-16 healthy, "THEY COULDNT DO IT IN THE WEST"

When by virtue of win loss vs west opponents they basically did it.

He's played 49 69 and 54 games the past 3 years respectively. He's just not a full season guy any more

Dr.Acula

Banned
You guys make it sound like this Heat team are the '01 Sixers or the '07 Cavs. The Heat are a good team period. They're top-5 in the league easily.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
You guys make it sound like this Heat team are the '01 Sixers or the '07 Cavs. The Heat are a good team period. They're top-5 in the league easily.

Nobody is disagreeing with that. What we are saying is that if they are in the West the chance of them getting tripped up before the Finals is exponentially higher and the wear and tear of those series would further drain them were they to make it to the Finals. The way Indiana was playing at the end of the season doesn't put them in the top 8-9 western conference teams and they were by far the most difficult opponent the Heat faced this year.

It is totally fair to hold that as a mental asterisk against the Heat for their accomplishments. Look, if they were blowing people out of the water in all these runs to the title it would be worth reconsidering but their playoff runs the last few years, even in the weaker conference, do not inspire awe (and yes I realize they destroyed a very worn down and very inexperienced OKC team). A lot of close games, game 7s against weak teams and a few bounces that went their way.

Nobody is disagreeing with that. What we are saying is that if they are in the West the chance of them getting tripped up before the Finals is exponentially higher and the wear and tear of those series would further drain them were they to make it to the Finals. The way Indiana was playing at the end of the season doesn't put them in the top 8-9 western conference teams and they were by far the most difficult opponent the Heat faced this year.

It is totally fair to hold that as a mental asterisk against the Heat for their accomplishments. Look, if they were blowing people out of the water in all these runs to the title it would be worth reconsidering but their playoff runs the last few years, even in the weaker conference, do not inspire awe (and yes I realize they destroyed a very worn down and very inexperienced OKC team). A lot of close games, game 7s against weak teams and a few bounces that went their way.

4-0 4-1 4-2
4-0 4-1 4-3
4-1 4-2 4-3
4-1 4-1 4-1

Game 7s Celtics Pacers

Do you...watch the NBA?

Siegcram

Based on these posts, you would think that the 90s Bulls or 80s Lakers were never pushed to Game 6 or Game 7.
Hell no! A totally clean Jordan went unbeaten for his whole NBA career, while scoring every single point, gamewinnner and clutch shot for his team.
He did so by displaying every move imaginable on the hardwood, with a finesse and grace that is unmatched and roided out linebackers like Lebron can only dream of.

These last 2 pages really hurt my brain. Game 4 can't come soon enough. I miss ref whining.

bionic77

Things I learned from NBA GAF in the last 12 hours.

Only 100 Heat fans left the arena last year. I need to get my eyes checked.

The Spurs won the series after game 1. Likewise it was all over and Miami three-peated after game 2. But strangely they reversed it and the title went back to the Spurs after game 3. The only thing that matters is the last game and whoever just won will never lose again.

Lebron's only accomplishment in life was overdosing on HGH at a young age. I am going to start putting it in my kids food from now on because I never knew how easy it was to become an NBA superstar.

Apparently when Michael Jordan was not raping Bill Cartwright, getting his father killed over his welching on gambling bets, or setting the latest fashion trends with a suede leather suit he was playing basketball and in that time he never missed a shot or lost a game.

I really hate this thread because it seems like a trap for people to try and get me to say something nice about Jordan.

I won't!

Lets stop the retarded debate of who is the best player or what Jordan would have one if he had a soul or Lebron if he had a dad growing up. Correct ranking of greatest players of all time based on facts:

Magic Johnson, AC Green, Kareem, Bill Cartwright, Wilt, James Worthy, Kurt Rambis, Michael Cooper, Hakeem Olajawon (he did beat the Lakers and won 2 titles by himself), Robert Horry, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Lebron James, Steve Kerr, Cedric Ceballos, Nick Van Exel, Scottie Pippen, Mark Madsen, Michael Jordan.

Talon

Apparently when Michael Jordan was not raping Bill Cartwright, getting his father killed over his welching on gambling bets, or setting the latest fashion trends with a suede leather suit he was playing basketball and in that time he never missed a shot or lost a game.

I really hate this thread because it seems like a trap for people to try and get me to say something nice about Jordan.
Classic bionic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom