• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Why would anyone want to come to NY with Fisher as coach?

Phil is gonna be out of a job in 3 years and is gonna be bitter for the rest of his life that Patt Riley is a better coach, player, and president.

S3UUdYC.png

come on you can hate on the knicks but pat riley wasn't the better coach..... trust me knicks fans know that

If Melo goes to Houston, it will (according to Chris Broussard) be a sign and trade for James Harden.

Feel is working hard as shit transforming the Knicks. He needs to get rid of JR blood Smith and all will be right in Knicks land.

No way the Rockets trade Harden for Melo straight up. Melo is getting up there in age (30) and is on the downslope while Harden is just 24 and about to peak. There's way more value in Harden, and moneyball Morey wouldn't greenlight a trade like that

save this post for when Morey trades harden 4 melo

Bread

Banned
Pelicans are idiotic. You gave up ANOTHER lottery pick for a guy that, yes, I'll admit, will pair up well with Davis in the front court. But you're still not making the playoffs in the West, so you just lost another potential lottery guy to build up a team around Davis and you can bet your ass Asik is getting the hell outta dodge after this season.
the pick has lottery protection according to chad ford

BadAss2961

No way the Rockets trade Harden for Melo straight up. Melo is getting up there in age (30) and is on the downslope while Harden is just 24 and about to peak. There's way more value in Harden, and moneyball Morey wouldn't greenlight a trade like that

They're only gonna trade Harden if LeBron is gonna come and insists on Melo.

Bread

Banned

harden has proved the past 2 years that he can't be the go to guy for that team, if i'm Morey and Melo is my 2nd acquisition along with Love or Lebron, I'd take him any day over Harden.

Not sure if I would just take Melo over Harden on the current team though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The pick is protected. Rockets only get it next year if it falls in between something like 10 and 20 or roughly around there.

I really don't get the logic of replacing Harden with Melo. The only way it makes sense is if they get Lebron but then I don't think Melo is a great fit in that situation either.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The pick is protected. Rockets only get it next year if it falls in between something like 10 and 20 or roughly around there.

I really don't get the logic of replacing Harden with Melo. The only way it makes sense is if they get Lebron but then I don't think Melo is a great fit in that situation either.
They would only do it, if LeBron insists on it, as a condition of him coming.

Fjordson

Pick goes to Houston if it falls between 4-19 according to ESPN.

Pelicans are idiotic. You gave up ANOTHER lottery pick for a guy that, yes, I'll admit, will pair up well with Davis in the front court. But you're still not making the playoffs in the West, so you just lost another potential lottery guy to build up a team around Davis and you can bet your ass Asik is getting the hell outta dodge after this season.

3rd youngest team in the league and you think we need more mid-lottery rookies, most of which never amount to more than role players at best? Plus, Asik will have no reason to walk as long as the money is right, and next summer it will be as we'll be able to use the stretch provision on Gordon if need be. No one is giving him the max. The FO isn't dumb enough to trade a first for him if they don't think they'll be in position to keep him.

In review, the "valuable" lottery picks given up amount to something like: Nerlens Noel, Nik Stauskas, and Willie Cauley-Stein for Jrue Holiday and Omir Asik. I'd do that swap 100 out of 100 times, especially considering fit for the team both position-wise (in Noel's case) and pick potential-wise (in case of the other two).

Aim_Ed

I am not sure why the Mavs did this deal....also Toronto is so screwed, stupid Masai should have traded Lowry while you could have, now we have the 21st pick and are in full rebuild mode.

Totally thought Knicks were going to push for Lowry, the draft is going to be all sorts of crazy.

Can't wait.

Zeus Molecules

Did Morey just figure out a work around for the 1 mandatory draft pick every 2 years rule? And after 2015 what is the range for the pick?

MikeRahl

So what is the end game for the Cavs?

If Affalo comes with the 4 and 12 picks, do they package those together with another player for Love and hope it lures LeBron and everyone is happy together and re-signs?

Bread

Banned
Trading picks over and over again for veterans is the quickest way to stay shitty.
Not sure I agree with that. NO is trending upwards, they have some really talented young guys already. Why not grab an established elite defensive big to pair with their franchise player?

jbug617

Banned
Woj says that Cavs and Magic trade probably not going to happen.

Then this happened.

@WojYahooNBA: Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He's also a basically an expiring contract too because no way in hell he picks up his player option after next season.

Still Fournier and a late 2nd is less than what I would have figured.

alba

Little is the new Big
Our Melo/Afflalo trade now went up in flames. The fuck GarPax, come on could've had him for cheap. I wish we could trade for Melo already so we don't have to wait until July 1 otherwise his cap hit would be too big or something :(

Why would anyone want to come to NY with Fisher as coach?

Phil is gonna be out of a job in 3 years and is gonna be bitter for the rest of his life that Patt Riley is a better coach, player, and president.

I dont know about this one.

Lets see what embarrassment the Lakers can cause me today.

Our Melo/Afflalo trade now went up in flames. The fuck GarPax, come on could've had him for cheap. I wish we could trade for Melo already so we don't have to wait until July 1 otherwise his cap hit would be too big or something :(
Wouldn't give up hope yet. It looks like Denver wants to flip him to increase their Love package. So maybe the Bulls still can get him.

Zeus Molecules

I'm assuming the bulls are holding their assets for an attempted sign and trade deal for Melo. That was another factor of the Tyson Chandler deal that was overlooked by the media. If the Knicks waive/move dalembert they are really close to being under the apron and can then take back even more salary (IE young players/picks) if a Sign and Trade deal for Melo occured.

alba

Little is the new Big
I'm assuming the bulls are holding their assets for an attempted sign and trade deal for Melo. That was another factor of the Tyson Chandler deal that was overlooked by the media. If the Knicks waive/move dalembert they are really close to being under the apron and can then take back even more salary (IE young players/picks) if a Sign and Trade deal for Melo occured.

What happens tonight at the draft will tell another part of the story too.

Siegcram

The Thunder can wear them on a throwback night, or when they retire Gary Payton's jersey and put it up in the rafters of OKC.
I would love to see Seattle's reaction if the Thunder start wearing Sonics throwbacks.
I'd guess anything between a riot and an outright declaration of war.

Top Bottom