• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

BadAss2961

Yeah if they don't get Lowry, what's left at that point than can really make a difference on that roster next year?
With the Gortat signing, there's nothing left at Center. So they can forget about that.

At PG, the best they can do is Stuckey or Sessions.

There's some good players left on the market, but nothing that really addresses their needs.

The one bad part about having nothing on their roster is those assholes have nothing to bargain with. Haha
*told him. Noah runs that town

Noah can run the streets. Rose can run the courts.

Bowser

Well, Al Jefferson is a worse player, so...

4622173.gif

Yeah, he only made 3rd team All-NBA and ranked 15th in the league with a 22.75 PER.

Gortat checking in at a whopping 66th with a 17.66 PER and not even the slightest consideration for All-NBA.

GTFOH

Haha didn't they bench him in the playoffs coz he couldn't score.

And you're just an idiot who's clearly a drive-by fan. He tore his plantar fascia and tried to play through. Even dominated the Heat for stretches on basically one foot.

If Big Al didn't get injured then that bobcat series goes at least 6

WizKids might pull an upset if they face the heat next season, wade would guard wall or beal? RIP

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Why would he do that

Money and a chance to play in the triangle
yeshrug.png

if he stays he stays.... if he goes he goes. If he does go I'm not even sure if as a fan i would be cool with a sign and trade if the knicks not doing it hurt the bulls team by forcing them to spend more assets to sign melo. Then it just turns to a waiting game for rose's knees to buckle and for Melo to be in the exact same position he's been in NY for the last 4 seasons.

Fjordson

Yeah, I like Gortat but Big Al is definitely better.

I don't hate that money to Gortat from Washington, though. A little high, but he's a nice piece for them.

Fjordson

Whoa what the fuck. Warriors agree to a deal with Shaun Livingston?? That's amazing if true. Just please don't be for too much money.

Branduil

4622173.gif

Yeah, he only made 3rd team All-NBA and ranked 15th in the league with a 22.75 PER.

Gortat checking in at a whopping 66th with a 17.66 PER and not even the slightest consideration for All-NBA.

GTFOH

There's more to being a center than PER.

Fjordson

Sounds like the Livingston deal is 5 mill annually for three years. I like it a lot. Can come in and play for Steph or Klay.

Bowser

Broussard Bullshit Alert, but:

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 2h
Sources: L Stephenson & Pacers at impasse. Indy offers 5 yrs/$44 mill. Lance wants more, will talk to others. Chi, LAL, Hornets interested.

lol at Larry Legend thinking a stupid ass home made movie was gonna get Lance to give up $2-3m bucks

15 per is a great deal at age 30.

Over 36 rule, he'll get nowhere close to that in a few years.

I think he's talking about the rumored deal where his salary would start at somewhere around $10-$12m per

Bowser

I think the C's overpaid.

lmao Larry probably saw that deal and was like:

larry-bird-struggle-face.jpg

edit: also I apologize and stand corrected, lol at this market. If Jodie Meeks is getting $6.3m per and Bradley $8m per, Wade would definitely get more than $10m per.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Probably getting harder and harder for Riley to convince Bosh and Wade to take what hes offering when these other contracts are happening.

Also another lockout seems inevitable in the very near future.

led4lyfe

Big Bradley fan, he just needs to stay healthy. Offensively he keeps getting better and better while his defensive has always be great. Still bummed out about Bradley getting hurt during the playoffs in '12, he would have been a difference maker against the heat.

Tom Penny

I think the C's overpaid.

Think? This is almost Jodie Meeks bad. Ainge is basically saying..I''m moving Rondo and trying to go with an elite defensive back court of Bradley / Smart :( on the bright side I heard Avery gain 20 points of muscle to help him not brick layups...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Any time you can give backcourt player with no offensive value whatsoever in today's NBA $8 million a year you gotta do it.

He shot 40% from the 3 point line last season. Really weird year for Bradley, I think he can be a hell of a player for certain teams but he seemed like a really poor fit in Boston so I'm kind of surprised they were in a hurry to keep him.

Cheddahz

Banned
He shot 40% from the 3 point line last season. Really weird year for Bradley, I think he can be a hell of a player for certain teams but he seemed like a really poor fit in Boston so I'm kind of surprised they were in a hurry to keep him.

Maybe they'll be able to use him as trade bait or something? You're right though, he did seem like a poor fit with them last year

Siegcram

Seems like Ainge is hellbent on trading Rondo. Maybe the gazillionth time is the charm.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol at Larry Legend thinking a stupid ass home made movie was gonna get Lance to give up $2-3m bucks

There is no market for Lance. Nobody else in the league wants to deal with his crazy after the Heat series.

I expect Larry to play some serious hardball and drop that initial figure if he doesn't accept.

Bowser

There is no market for Lance. Nobody else in the league wants to deal with his crazy after the Heat series.

I expect Larry to play some serious hardball and drop that initial figure if he doesn't accept.

I think a team would be smart to sign him to a shorter-term deal, something like 2 years or 3 years with an option.

For example, I wouldn't be mad at all if the Hornets offered him a 3-year, $36m deal with a player option. Similar to Big Al's deal (3-year, $41m with third-year option). Hornets would still have flexibility to re-sign McRoberts and add a backup PG this offseason and retain cap flexibility going forward as well.

Top Bottom