• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Smart looks good. Shabazz looks AWFUL.

Still hate the pick.

Yeah that's basically all you can really take from summer league. Everything that's been said about Marcus has been shown here, good finishing, draws a lot of fouls, steals, etc.

edit- he's getting some damn good penetration, he's definitely trying a bit too hard to be unselfish.

PBY

Banned
Yeah that's basically all you can really take from summer league. Everything that's been said about Marcus has been shown here, good finishing, draws a lot of fouls, steals, etc.

edit- he's getting some damn good penetration, he's definitely trying a bit too hard to be unselfish.

Yep. Shooting %'s can be hit or miss, the assist numbers too.. But man, he's getting pushed around. Looks really slow.

jbug617

Banned
So the newest report is that Bosh wants to get paid also?

Also latest Woj.

@WojYahooNBA: Meanwhile, Rockets, Cavs pushing closer to creating max contract slots. Deals lined up for Jeremy Lin. Cavs shopping Jarrett Jack w/ a pick.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
if.....

Bosh goes to the rockets
Lebron goes to the cavs
Lance goes to the bulls

the league competitively will be a much better place come playoff time.

The heat would be screwed though......

and Wade would be OD screwed......

jbug617

Banned
Yeah Bosh isn't taking less to stay.

@WojYahooNBA: Chris Bosh's reps have made recent calls on market to reconfirm that max slots would be available to him, sources tell Yahoo. Answers: Yes.

Bowser

if.....

Bosh goes to the rockets
Lebron goes to the cavs
Lance goes to the bulls

The heat would be screwed though......

and Wade would be OD screwed......

Bosh to Rockets
Bron to Suns
Lance to Hornets

Hornets top 2 seed in East awwwyeah.jpg

if.....

Bosh goes to the rockets
Lebron goes to the cavs
Lance goes to the bulls

Not really. The league would still be unbalanced. The Heat did not make the league unbalanced injuries and the east being completely awful did. Splitting the Heat up pretty much guarantee's the NBA champion comes out of the West.

Zeus Molecules

Bosh to Rockets
Bron to Suns
Lance to Hornets

I don't think Lebron is about that western conference life

and yeah kemba and lance on the hornets is a good look but thats still a fifth seed lineup

Not really. The league would still be unbalanced. The Heat did not make the league unbalanced injuries and the east being completely awful did. Splitting the Heat up pretty much guarantee's the NBA champion comes out of the West.

The way the east is looking even if the Heat stay together I think its going to take another 2 seasons for the East to produce some real contenders.

Bowser

I don't think Lebron is about that western conference life

and yeah kemba and lance on the hornets is a good look but thats still a fifth seed lineup

Ha if what I posted happens (Bron and Bosh head West), besides the Bulls who's better? Pacers? Meh. Miami with a busted ass Wade? lol. Nets with chronically injured Deron Williams and old ass KG? Nope. Maybe the Wizards or Raptors? Eh. Hornets are a surefire top 3 seed in the East if that scenario plays out.

Which it won't, but still.

Zeus Molecules

Ha if what I posted happens (Bron and Bosh head West), besides the Bulls who's better? Pacers? Meh. Miami with a busted ass Wade? lol. Nets with chronically injured Deron Williams and old ass KG? Nope. Maybe the Wizards or Raptors? Eh. Hornets are a surefire top 3 seed in the East if that scenario plays out.

Yeah the wizards, the raptors, The cavs with Bron, and If the knicks keep Melo the knicks.

I really think Lebron goes to the cavs, he wants to win there, sent his kids to school there, and on the low they got a squad, they just need a star player to make those guys shine.

As for the knicks Felton is gone, Melo stays, JR is healthy, and no way can the coaching be worse than it was with woodson.

Bosh to Rockets
Bron to Suns
Lance to Hornets

Wade to Clippers for the vet min after we do a S&T with Redick for Pierce. We'd have the most stacked team on paper that would probably crumble as the injuries pile up. (Yes I know we'd never get Wade for the vet min but I have no idea where he goes)

Siegcram

Wade to Clippers for the vet min after we do a S&T with Redick for Pierce. We'd have the most stacked team on paper that would probably crumble as the injuries pile up. (Yes I know we'd never get Wade for the vet min but I have no idea where he goes)
Not to mention the first big of the bench would still be Spencer Hawes.

Raptors should keep getting better with Derozan, Ross, JV still being pretty young

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps will be better than the Hornets but I can only hope with the name change they can stop giving us the D every fucking time we play them.

Koko

Banned
Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine

In addition to weighing possible trade for Lin, I'm told Bucks are pitching offer sheet to RFA Eric Bledsoe and pursuing PG Greivis Vasquez

Brandon Knight on the move?

I don't get the Heat's wanting of Deng. Don't they need good ball handlers and or shooters? Deng is neither of these. They missed Mike Miller and they missed younger non-thug Battier.

Bowser

I don't get the Heat's wanting of Deng. Don't they need good ball handlers and or shooters? Deng is neither of these. They missed Mike Miller and they missed younger non-thug Battier.

Deng's also reportedly seeking a contract at $12m per, so that's not gonna work either.

PBY

Banned

They want morrow too. Doesn't matter though, bc were not getting deng.

Bosh securing his plan B because LeBron is acting the fool.

Not sure how Pat Riley will do it. LeBron want max cake, Bosh want his bread, Wade want some yeast too. And they still need to acquire some key pieces on the market. I guess if anyone can pull it off... ehh..

Squalor

Please, Hornets, don't sign Stephenson.

Carmelo sought out Pau's number, reportedly to talk to him about joining the Knicks. I like it.

Meanwhile Heat first-round pick Shabazz Napier, the Most Outstanding Player on UConn's national championship team, missed his first 10 shots and had eight turnovers in Miami's loss to Boston. So happy Raptors didn't draft him, Masai knows scouting and talent.
Man if this dude is a bust, I feel sorry for the Heat, might as well re-sign Chalmers. Man Lebron might never surpass Jordan as a player and probably won't even surpass Jordan as a better owner one of these days with his tweet about getting this kid. He clearly sucks as a talent evaluator.
Again don't know why Pat Riley didn't go after Darren Collision who got a 3 year 16 million deal is something along to what Chalmers might get if Heat decide to fall back to him as PG.

And the Chris Bosh possible moving, at least Bosh knows what is up he doesn't want Lebron to be the guy to have all the leverage.

Riley should just have signed Farmar and used the draft pick on a guy with more upside. Napier is too small to consistently score and get his shot off in the NBA enough to be more than a rotation guard.

BadAss2961

Meanwhile Heat first-round pick Shabazz Napier, the Most Outstanding Player on UConn's national championship team, missed his first 10 shots and had eight turnovers in Miami's loss to Boston. So happy Raptors didn't draft him, Masai knows scouting and talent.
Man if this dude is a bust, I feel sorry for the Heat, might as well re-sign Chalmers. Man Lebron might never surpass Jordan as a player and probably won't even surpass Jordan as a better owner one of these days with his tweet about getting this kid. He clearly sucks as a talent evaluator.
Again don't know why Pat Riley didn't go after Darren Collision who got a 3 year 16 million deal is something along to what Chalmers might get if Heat decide to fall back to him as PG.

And the Chris Bosh possible moving, at least Bosh knows what is up he doesn't want Lebron to be the guy to have all the leverage.
Seems that in most cases, the greater the player, the worse they are at coaching/managing/scouting.

So because you sucked on your first game as a professional on the shitty ass Summer League, you are already a bust and the Miami Heat are basically doomed for all eternity?

Ohwow.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
Bill Simmons posted this.

NOMdQ.gif

Exokell

Banned
Cmon Lakers, u guys can do this. Melo and Kobe in the same team would be funny as fuck.but scary at the same time, remember the Olympic games?

So because you sucked on your first game as a professional on the shitty ass Summer League, you are already a bust and the Miami Heat are basically doomed for all eternity?

Ohwow.gif

Never said he was a bust, but he could be. I don't see him as a starting point guard. He has a problem with turnovers, and he doesn't seem be able finish well at the rim especially with NBA frontcourt size and shot blockers. I think he has good jumper and 3pt range from his college games, but he created his own shot most of the time. I don't see him being able to do that against the athletic PG like Wall, DRose, Irving, Stephenson, etc. I think the PGs I mentioned will feast on him, I don't see him being able to contain those guys. I hope I am wrong about the kid, I have no idea where you got the idea that I think Miami Heat are doomed for all eternity.

But so far the Heat have done nothing to improve the team. But why would I bet against the best player in the game right now and his ability to make it to the NBA finals in a weak Eastern Conference. Spurs still need to make it out of the West, and that is easier said than done, and won't be surprised if one of the West teams took them out.

Fjordson

Nerlens Noel looked good in his first game back. Was moving well and had his explosive vertical back. 19 points, a block and four steals in just 26 minutes. Only summer league, but I think he could have a nice year.

Never said he was a bust, but he could be. I don't see him as a starting point guard. He has a problem with turnovers, and he doesn't seem be able finish well at the rim especially with NBA frontcourt size and shot blockers. I think he has good jumper and 3pt range from his college games, but he created his own shot most of the time. I don't see him being able to do that against the athletic PG like Wall, DRose, Irving, Stephenson, etc. I think the PGs I mentioned will feast on him, I don't see him being able to contain those guys. I hope I am wrong about the kid, I have no idea where you got the idea that I think Miami Heat are doomed for all eternity.

But so far the Heat have done nothing to improve the team. But why would I bet against the best player in the game right now and his ability to make it to the NBA finals in a weak Eastern Conference. Spurs still need to make it out of the West, and that is easier said than done, and won't be surprised if one of the West teams took them out.

I think that Shabazz will be a more off-the-ball point guard that would fit well on the Miami Heat offense (provided 'Bron and co. come back, which I still think (or hope) they will). But yeah, I get where you are coming from, and I still think that he needs a couple of months of real NBA playing time before we can begin to make assumptions about his pro game.

Cheddahz

Banned
I have a gut feeling that Carmelo is going to the Lakers (since he'll be the face of the team soon and he enjoys that role)

BadAss2961

I have a gut feeling that Carmelo is going to the Lakers (since he'll be the face of the team soon and he enjoys that role)
He already has that role in New York though, so I don't see the point. Not unless LeBron is coming too, which would be a terribly unbalanced team of Kobe/Melo/LeBron.

Cheddahz

Banned
He already has that role in New York though, so I don't see the point. Not unless LeBron is coming too, which would be a terribly unbalanced team of Kobe/Melo/LeBron.

...I just kinda want a big move to happen (which I think most of us do) and I find it more likely that if Carmelo does move, it's to the Lakers rather than the Bulls

Bread

Banned

Can you stop doing this please? His balls must be pruned from all the saliva you've provided them.

Top Bottom