• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Last season, you were able to ask Josh McRoberts questions on Facebook (and he would answer a few of them in a video) and for some odd reason, they picked my question, which was "Your hair is amazing, what kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?" (I was bored at work and didn't really think it was going to be asked) and yeah, he ended up answering

Back onto basketball though, the few games I went to last year, he played quite well for us and I would like him back on the team (even if it's just for one or two seasons)

Well, what did he answer?

Bowser

Woj says the Hornets are probably going to use their MLE on him because of the Heat.

xooyN48zQs2RNkWSNe8n_FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

Oh well. I think he's worth it. Would prefer a shorter-term deal though (3 years) considering we've got Zeller and Vonleh, two lottery picks, on the pine at his position. But his court vision is great and he's becoming a good shooter. Basically like Boris Diaw lite (Spurs version, not the fat/lazy one we had for a couple of years).

A realistic scenario would be signing Pau (with the big 3 coming back of course)...and maybe signing a c-tier guard who can shoot asshole 3s.

Our best case scenario rotation

Chalmers (smh)/Cole/Napier
Wade/Allen/Swaggy P!!!!
James/Jones/Ennis
Gasol/Haslem
Bosh/Haslem

Would make it to the ECF easily

A realistic scenario would be signing Pau (with the big 3 coming back of course)...and maybe signing a c-tier guard who can shoot 3s.

Wade/Allen/Swaggy P!!!!
James/Jones/Ennis
Gasol/Haslem
Bosh/Haslem

To be fair, a lineup consisting of 1 Lebron James and 4 Randolph Freelanders could make it to the ECF.

A realistic scenario would be signing Pau (with the big 3 coming back of course)...and maybe signing a c-tier guard who can shoot asshole 3s.

Wade/Allen/Swaggy P!!!!
James/Jones/Ennis
Gasol/Haslem
Bosh/Haslem

Best case scenario? More like no realistic case scenario. Get ready for that 8th seed future.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wade can't shoot 3pts if his next dose of Acyclovir depended on it

Lmao

Also SAS the king of Lies says the Knicks are talking to Philly to trade Amare and Shump for cap space and expirings.

Funny fact their were a couple of reports that Philly wanted Amare back in 2011 for Iggy and Vucevic. To this day the fact the Knicks said no to that deal still haunts me......

rinse82

lol. Bosh was never a max player to begin with and here he is in position to sign for 4 more years of it!

If that's true (Multiple Sources, etc), he should be on the first plane to Houston.

Harden + Howard, Max Money, Home-state. Better than waiting for this LeBron drama to play out.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Houston is offering 4yrs/90 million US Dollars!!!! for Bosh

sUPKbhJ.gif

It's happening.

lol. Bosh was never a max player to begin with and here he is in position to sign for 4 more years of it!

If that's true (Multiple Sources, etc), he should be on the first plane to Houston.

Harden + Howard, Max Money, Home-state. Better than waiting for this LeBron drama to play out.

By the numbers alone? Bosh averaged 24/11 on 16 shots in his final year in TOR... that is ridiculous.

houston is throwing the kitchen sink at Bosh, just like they did for Lin. Now we're throwing out Lin. LOL. I can see Linsanity coming to South Beach unless a 3 team trade is in order. He's an upgrade from Chalmers at least

spyder_ur

Unless you think less than 10-15 players in the NBA are worth max contracts, that's ridiculous.

Bowser

houston is throwing the kitchen sink at Bosh, just like they did for Lin. Now we're throwing out Lin. LOL. I can see Linsanity coming to South Beach unless a 3 team trade is in order. He's an upgrade from Chalmers at least

Except Lin was never worth the money he got. Bosh is.

Cheddahz

Banned
Except Lin was never worth the money he got. Bosh is.

Pretty much this. Houston mainly paid Lin so much money because of his out of nowhere explosion and the fact that he is part Asian (as they do have a market for that group, due to Yao Ming)

Cant wait to see Lin get yelled at by Lebron every other minute.

That Knicks/Sixers Amare trade rumor is really something. Make it happen Phil. Though I'll be sad to see Shump go.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe the Rockets are going to construct that team and still have McHale as their head coach.

Also you guys make it sound like Lin was making max money or some shit. Dude was getting paid George Hill level money, it was just structured in a way where the Knicks couldn't possibly match.

For his sake I hope he doesn't end up in Philly. He doesn't deserve that fate

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN has learned that McRoberts will receive Heat's full midlevel for the next four years ($23 million) with a player option after Year 3

lol never mind. He ain't changing his mind.

damn

when the Spurs were putting it on the Heat the only thing I could possibly think of was

"If they had Josh McRoberts, that day would have been different"

250px-Kermit_drinks.jpg

Bowser

ESPN has learned that McRoberts will receive Heat's full midlevel for the next four years ($23 million) with a player option after Year 3

Hornets offered same deal. He took the chance at a ring.

...kinda hope LBJ and Bosh leave now.

In all seriousness, can they keep both and still sign the 3?

Sure, but isn't it mandatory for a team to have more than 5 players on an active roster. Dem boys gone be tired.

And I still only want Kevin Love if he's coming without the Warriors trading Klay. PERIOD.

fertygo

No way bron leaving now, this is the signing that gonna make difference for spurs matchup.

#gamechanger

In life there are two things I want more than anything. The Heat to burn, and Houston to suffer.

One of those things might happen. i would actually respect Lebron more if he went back to Cleveland.

Dwight is a joke player.

I want Melo in LA, with Love to follow next year.

Purple and Gold for ever.

Fjordson

Houston seems like a no brainer to me for Bosh. Would be a nice team that's much younger. And while Riley is great as GM in Miami, Morey ain't bad either.

Top Bottom