• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
wtf, I'm having trouble understanding all these signings.

The only reasonable answer is that Riley is going to use his mind powers and trick Flip Saunders into taking all of these scrubs in a trade for Kevin Love.

Squalor

The only reasonable answer is that Riley is going to use his mind powers and trick Flip Saunders into taking all of these scrubs in a trade for Kevin Love.
Riley: "We'll give you McRoberts, Temple, Grainger, and two point guards for Love."

Dumars: "Do it, Flip. It sounds like a great trade."

@Chris_Broussard said:
In addition to Dallas & Lakers, Boston also showing interest in Lance Stephenson, source said

It's Broussard so it's almost assuredly bullshit but Lance to the C's makes very little sense to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Riley: "We'll give you McRoberts, Temple, Grainger, and two point guards for Love."

Dumars: "Do it, Flip. It sounds like a great trade."

This name should not be mentioned in relation to an NBA front office ever again.

Squalor

Lance at 2 years/$32 million do it already Mitch. Drop the Melo dream.

BIE7pU6.gif

This name should not be mentioned in relation to an NBA front office ever again.
That's what makes it so awesome.

Bowser

LBJ's wife and agent may just push him back to Cleveland. Still think he goes back to Miami for 2-year max, waits for Wiggins to develop, then heads to Cleveland in 2016.

Bowser

Duh. I don't think McBob was gonna leave Charlotte to be a part of a lottery team (which Miami is without LBJ and, by extension, Bosh) nor would the Heat be giving out the MLE to McBob if they didn't think they were getting the Big 3 back.

yall are reading too much into that

what do you think rileys gonna do, tell potential suitors that all the stars are dipping

the guys haven't signed an official sheet for a reason

zychi

Banned
I think it's nice that Pat Riley lets all of these older superstars/injured starts move to Miami, get a check, and prevent retirement.

The NFL could do the same thing if they wanted. Do it in Jacksonville or Miami, and fill the roster with old, not going to affect the game players.

Pimpwerx

McBob, Granger and Temple are the new Big 3. They can have a press conference where Granger can announce how many knee surgeries he's gonna have over the next 2 years..."not 2, not 3, not 4..."
Those three rising from the smoke in the AAA...to a chorus of boos. LOL. PEACE.

I love how any team signing any player doesn't makes sense to most of you. What are the teams supposed to do?

Also Mcbob got overpaid like a mother.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What a weird team they're building. Can't say I'm too upset though. Frye has always been underrated (although certainly not underpaid) and the Magic were one of the worst shooting teams in the league last season.

Also I'm sure Tobais is thrilled because he and Frye are cousins. Who knew.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Channing Frye got a four year $32 Million Deal!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

6'11 guy who can shoot the 3. I'm not sure its that surprising. He had a great year in Phoenix last season, and hes a perfect fit for Orlando with his ability to shoot and help spread the floor.

What do people seriously expect non superstars to get? I always feel like peoples proportions are out of whack with reality as every single free agent is seemingly met with a hes overpaid type of reaction.

I'm stoked for the Magic this season. Improved their team a ton and did it without going totally insane (ie. no Josh Smith type deals). Not gonna be great but should actually be fun to watch.

fertygo

Frye maybe overpaid like 2 mil but that its, the length of contract is a bit much tho, I probably gonna give him 3 year and maybe team option for one more.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I agree the length is excessive but its pretty much the only you're going to entice a guy to come to a rebuilding team instead of somewhere where he can win

Bowser

Did McBob ever develop a jumpshot? That thing was rough back in the day.

He wasn't too bad last season. Shot 36% from 3 on 291 attempts, by far the most of his career.

His versatility will sorely be missed by the Hornets. Not sure Zeller and Vonleh are ready to take on his playmaking load.

6'11 guy who can shoot the 3. I'm not sure its that surprising. He had a great year in Phoenix last season, and hes a perfect fit for Orlando with his ability to shoot and help spread the floor.

What do people seriously expect non superstars to get? I always feel like peoples proportions are out of whack with reality as every single free agent is seemingly met with a hes overpaid type of reaction.

I'm stoked for the Magic this season. Improved their team a ton and did it without going totally insane (ie. no Josh Smith type deals). Not gonna be great but should actually be fun to watch.

He's also 31 and played a full season for the first time last season with the notoriously magical Suns training staff on hand...

Jonm1010

Banned

I know. Big men who can shoot the 3 and open up lanes are valuable. I remember this one time my team got a 23 year old 16ppg, 7.7 rebound, 40% 3pt shooting 6'10 PF for 8 million a year with room to improve because the other team thought he wasn't worth that.....Oh wait.

...Well at least you all made up for it by signing a 31 year old poor mans Ryan Anderson for that same amount. J/K.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I know. Big men who can shoot the 3 and open up lanes are valuable. I remember this one time my team got a 23 year old 16ppg, 7.7 rebound, 40% 3pt shooting 6'10 PF for 8 million a year with room to improve because the other team thought he wasn't worth that.....Oh wait.

...Well at least you all made up for it by signing a 31 year old poor mans Ryan Anderson for that same amount. J/K.

I definitely wouldn't say poor mans Ryan Anderson.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know. Big men who can shoot the 3 and open up lanes are valuable. I remember this one time my team got a 23 year old 16ppg, 8 rebound, 40% 3pt shooting 6'10 PF for 8 million a year because the other team thought he wasn't worth that.....Oh wait.

...Well at least you all made up for it by signing a 31 year old 11ppg, 5rebounds 37% 3pt shooter for that same amount.

Dude you don't have to tell me. I wish we kept him.

But that doesn't really have much to do with Frye.

If Pau Gasol accepts the Spurs MLE and truly is about the ring and not one last payday the rest of the nba might as well call it quits, the spurs are easy favorites to win it again next year as is

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If Pau Gasol accepts the Spurs MLE and truly is about the ring and not one last payday the rest of the nba might as well call it quits, the spurs are easy favorites to win it again next year as is

That almost wouldnt even be fair.

J2 Cool

I have a strong feeling Bosh leaves Miami. I just can't imagine what interests you to stay. No max offer, the fun part is over (invincible team playing w other superstars w tv attention), theres no challenge or spark about the whole thing left. Even Miami as a home the shines probably worn off. Meanwhile Rockets offer max contract and an interesting challenge/bigger role. Hmm. I'd be curious if he could get back near 75% of his Raptor's production.

PBY

Banned
I have a strong feeling Bosh leaves Miami. I just can't imagine what interests you to stay. No max offer, the fun part is over (invincible team playing w other superstars w tv attention), theres no challenge or spark about the whole thing left. Even Miami as a home the shines probably worn off. Meanwhile Rockets offer max contract and an interesting challenge/bigger role. Hmm. I'd be curious if he could get back near 75% of his Raptor's production.

I get the logic... til you say bigger role in Houston.

He'd have a bigger role in Miami.

Top Bottom