• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Fox318

They'll reup longer and get their money over more years. It usually works out where they get more money than they would have. Less early, but get overpaid later. It's so they can still be on s competitive team. Making money and losing isn't all that fun. Haslem will be part of the organization when he retires. He's just a Heat guy through and through. Nothing underhanded, just respect for all he's given. Tim and So treatment, basically. PEACE.

You should want to make as much money as you can as fast as you can.

a dollar 4 years from now will be forth less than a dollar today.

Pimpwerx

You should want to make as much money as you can as fast as you can.

a dollar 4 years from now will be forth less than a dollar today.
It's guaranteed and he's said before he doesn't want to play as long as Kobe. Getting 42M guaranteed over 2 years isn't as good as 50-60 guaranteed over 4 years if you don't think you're going to play longer than that and you don't know if your body will let you recoup the difference over the following two years. It's about the sum of the remaining contracts. We don't know what he's being offered anyway. If it's 4/62M, that would be the same as a 2/20M over the last two years. You don't think he'd get that now, so you won't expect him to get it in 2016. Even with the inflation in salaries. PEACE.

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Zeke

Come on Pau come to SA help us get another ring and when timmy and manu retire R.C. can give you bigger contract and bring Marc over when he hits the FA market. Its win, win and also a pipe dream ;(

I know the Bulls aren't getting Melo or Lebron, but I just want this to end so I can have some closure and prepare for the McBuckets/Mirotic white boy club.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wait what just heard about a rumor that sends Amare to Philly? WTF NO! I like the dude but his contract and health for this team? And possibly picking up Lin? For what?

Because teams will give draft picks if you take the contract.

Why would any Sixers fan object to taking Lin for one year? It actually gives you a reason to watch some games from otherwise the most unwatchable trash team in the league and you get a 1st round pick out of it.

Siegcram

Why would any Sixers fan object to taking Lin for one year? It actually gives you a reason to watch some games from otherwise the most unwatchable trash team in the league and you get a 1st round pick out of it.
Watching Lin is a privilege now?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Watching Lin is a privilege now?

When the alternative are the guys the 76ers have been trotting out, yes?

Lin takes a lot of shit but hes not that bad. If his contract wasn't structured the way it was teams wouldn't have any problem trading for him. I just wonder who will be the whipping boy this year for the Rockets and their fans.

Siegcram

When the alternative are the guys the 76ers have been trotting out, yes?

Lin takes a lot of shit but hes not that bad. If his contract wasn't structured the way it was teams wouldn't have any problem trading for him. I just wonder who will be the whipping boy this year for the Rockets and their fans.
From what I've seen in Summer League Noel is worth tuning in on his own.
Dude could be special if he can stay healthy.

Fox318

I thought the lakers were the most unwatchable trash team?

Fjordson

Nerlens Noel looks really good. Has the paint locked down on defense and is jumping out of the gym when finishing on offense.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 10m
Gordon Hayward has agreed to an offer sheet with the Charlotte Hornets, the Observer has learned.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 17m
Gordon Hayward will sign a major offer sheet with the Hornets.

^

Cheddahz

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Charlotte offer sheet for Gordon Hayward expected to include player option on fourth year, and a trade kicker, league sources tell Yahoo.

Charlotte going all out to get him

alba

Little is the new Big
I know the Bulls aren't getting Melo or Lebron, but I just want this to end so I can have some closure and prepare for the McBuckets/Mirotic white boy club.

We got this. Don't you worry about it. According to rumors (again, more of those) he's working on a s&t to come here ;)

spyder_ur

Wow that's a really great deal for the Celts. Curious what the protections on that pick are. I'm assuming it has to be the Cavs pick in 2016 since we have all the Nets'.

Haven't watched Zeller much - anyone have any thoughts?

Wow that's a really great deal for the Celts. Curious what the protections on that pick are. I'm assuming it has to be the Cavs pick in 2016 since we have all the Nets'.

Haven't watched Zeller much - anyone have any thoughts?

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 3m
Boston gets: Marcus Thornton-Tyler Zeller, Cavs 2016 protected pick. Top 10 in '16, '17 or '18. Unprotected in '19.

spyder_ur

Thanks, that makes sense - I was hoping it was unprotected and that the Cavs simply didn't care because they were all in on LeBron.

Still, the Celts have at least 4 additional first rounders through 2018 (Doc trade, Nets trade), pretty great stuff.

And Thornton can be dealt at the deadline since he's expiring. Seeing almost no downside in this one.

Can never decide if Cavs GM is the most brilliant long term tactician in the world, or an inept Homer that keeps stumbling upon good fortune.

Bowser

Don't mind the max offer for Hayward from the Hornets. He had his best seasons next to Big Al in Utah and we sorely need a playmaking guard/forward. Utah's gonna match anyway though so whatever.

Seems like the only signings the Hornets are gonna end up making this offseason are a stopgap starter at 4 to mentor Zeller/Vonleh (Marvin Williams most likely) and a veteran backup PG (Brian Roberts).

Oh well.

Top Bottom