• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Communication flowing between Chris Bosh camp and Rockets today, preparing for landing spot should LeBron James leave, sources tell Yahoo.

Bosh making sure he secures that backup plan.

Poor Wade like:

48db2750-6333-4126-8dd9-1fc718d2124d_wadereaction.gif

Fox318

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Communication flowing between Chris Bosh camp and Rockets today, preparing for landing spot should LeBron James leave, sources tell Yahoo.

Bosh making sure he secures that backup plan.

Poor Wade like:

48db2750-6333-4126-8dd9-1fc718d2124d_wadereaction.gif

he is the idiot for opting out.

If Lebron leaves I wouldn't offer Wade more than Vet min.

Fjordson

Such an insane turn of events. I was certain all were coming back when they opted out.

Wade's actions will just be completely pointless if Lebron leaves. Though I still feel deep down that Riley will barely pull it off and have Lebron come back.

Bowser

Carmelo Anthony will return to Knicks, announcement on future expected Thursday

"He will have something for everybody on Thursday," said the friend who was with Anthony before Anthony's scheduled workout with Kevin Durant and Kevin Love in Los Angeles on Wednesday. "He is really torn because this is the biggest decision of his career. But he wants to get it done in New York. He told me he believes in Phil."

And so it begins.

edit: Woj weighs in:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If Lebron and bosh leave and the heats roster is

Shabazz
Wade
Granger
McBob
Oden

Lulz

oh my god that is so horrible

If he were announcing he was signing with Cleveland it's not like he would need to move all his shit this very second.

anyway it'd be hilarious if Wade ends up back with Beaseley and nobody else. Circle of life.

alba

Little is the new Big
He moves his cars back to Akron where he lives every offseason apparently so nothing to see here :p

RedAssedApe

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Within Anthony's circle, belief's been this, sources tell Y: Get NY's $129M now, figure out destination later. You can always get a trade.

Sure sounds like he wants to get it done. That belief in Phil. -_-

Fox318

If he were announcing he was signing with Cleveland it's not like he would need to move all his shit this very second.

anyway it'd be hilarious if Wade ends up back with Beaseley and nobody else. Circle of life.
And making less money.

Then again he is gonna get paid millions to rest his broken ass knees on the bench and miss easy shots.

Guess I'm the fool.

He moves his cars back to Akron where he lives every offseason apparently so nothing to see here :p

Yeah I mean even if he did decide in the last couple of days to sign with Cleveland do think his first thought would be "Let's get some trucks here immediately I need to move my shit!"

anyway I'm ready for this domino to drop so that the Lakers can start the Lance Era.

Zeus Molecules

Lol Melo. Have fun rotting in NY.

better than him rotting in Chiraq

after the hate he experienced after the decision and how crazy Florida is in general do you blame him for getting out of dodge prior to the announcement

better than him rotting in Chiraq

after the hate he experienced after the decision and how crazy Florida is in general do you blame him for getting out of dodge prior to the announcement

yeah I'm sure he's concerned about all those crazy diehard Miami sports fans. Still doesn't explain why he would be moving his stuff so suddenly. It's not like he has to even be there. I think this is just a happy coincidence.

Cavs in talks to get Kevin Love, but the asking price is #1 pick Andrew Wiggins. Too steep?

There would need to be an extension from Love to even consider this.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What if this is just a huge revenge plot by Lebron to fuck over the Cavs assets after the whole comic sans letter thing?

Cavs in talks to get Kevin Love, but the asking price is #1 pick Andrew Wiggins. Too steep?

There would need to be an extension from Love to even consider this.

an unknown commodity for one of the 5 best players in the league who is only 25 years old himself? Dan Gilbert should be driving Wiggins to the airport himself.

Jarret Jack had an awful contract. They would have made a cap clearing trade like that anyway. Zeller was an underperformer and we still have 2 other 1st round picks this year.

Still, anything could happen.

an unknown commodity for one of the 5 best players in the league who is only 25 years old himself? Dan Gilbert should be driving Wiggins to the airport himself.

Yeah, I understand Love is great. It's just unfortunate you'd have to lose Wiggins to do so, but I guess you make that trade anyday....providing he's hear for more than 1 or 2 years.

Cheddahz

Banned

Dan Gilbert would, but he is currently writing a letter and keeps on mistaking Andrew Wiggins for Mitchell Wiggins

AcridMeat

Banned
It will be interesting to see where the big names end up but I want to say I'm glad the Warriors picked up Livingston. He played decently well for the Nets and can hopefully solidify that back court once and for all since he's a big body unlike Blake.

Now if they can get a useful big that would be great. I still think Jordan Hill is a realistic option.

Bowser

Woj confirmation

They'd basically have to gut their entire roster and become the big 3 of Kyrie/LBJ/Love with bit pieces (Ray Allen? Mike Miller) around them.

They'd have to trade all of Wiggins/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson to at least entertain Minny.

I'd do it though, none of those guys save Wiggins, who's unproven, really amount to much.

Apath

I think in terms of what's best for basketball, this is the scenario that I'd like to see, but is highly unlikely

Melo to LA
Lebron to the Cavs
Chris B to Houston
Paul Gasol to Chicago

You bolster both the East and West a bit by spreading out talent and making for even more legitimate contenders on both sides.
Moving two of the East's top players to the west and moving an aging big man to the East bolsters both conferences? More like makes the West even more stacked.

Fjordson

It will be interesting to see where the big names end up but I want to say I'm glad the Warriors picked up Livingston. He played decently well for the Nets and can hopefully solidify that back court once and for all since he's a big body unlike Blake.

Now if they can get a useful big that would be great. I still think Jordan Hill is a realistic option.
Yep, he was a nice pick up. Can play alongside Curry or Klay.

But this Kevin Love news bums me out a bit. I still think we should have dealt Klay for him. It may have failed, but at least roll the dice when you have a chance for a big free agent imo. Love and Curry would be an unreal combo.

Cheddahz

Banned
They'd basically have to gut their entire roster and become the big 3 of Kyrie/LBJ/Love with bit pieces (Ray Allen? Mike Miller) around them.

They'd have to trade all of Wiggins/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson to at least entertain Minny.

I'd do it though, none of those guys save Wiggins, who's unproven, really amount to much.
this would be perfect (or the perfect trade at least) because minny gets what they wanted the whole time and that is some players that will hopefully develop

Can anyone from Lakergaf hug me please?
I really need it.

Why? Signing Melo would have been a huge mistake. Lakers are going to suck next year. HOpefully it's bad enough that we get a top 5 pick. If not, sign a couple of guys to 2 year deals and try and be respectable at best, hand over our pick to PHX and move on with an eye at 2016.

Why? Signing Melo would have been a huge mistake. Lakers are going to suck next year. HOpefully it's bad enough that we get a top 5 pick. If not, sign a couple of guys to 2 year deals and try and be respectable at best, hand over our pick to PHX and move on with an eye at 2016.

Ill take 2012-13 over last year man. In my life that was one of the toughest years to ever be a fan. I don't think I watched the last 25 games, it was just too painful.

Its not a coincidence that this last year has been one of the worst in my life. As the Lakers go, so does my life.

Zeus Molecules

so your going for a top 5 pick tank?

so your going for a top 5 pick tank?

I wouldn't mind it. Anything outside the top 5 and PHX gets it. My plan (stolen from Bill Sommons and Zach Lowe) would be to try and get guys like Pau or Lance to sign on front loaded, 2 year deals, become an interesting, competitive team to watch for the next couple of years, and keep flexibility in order to lure some free agents next season but especially 2016 (Durant and YNB). If you can't sign those guys then bottom out again like last season. But I would NOT sign guys to long term deals, not even Melo.

Top Bottom