• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

jwhit28

I think Bosh at max makes sense for a team like Houston where Bosh would be the final piece but Bosh at max in Miami, with whatever they promised Wade? That doesn't look like a team a big time Free Agent would want to join. They would be stuck in a very bad situation where they are good enough that they can't build through the draft but they never really challenge for a title and look unappealing to FA's.

Bowser

Could he legitimately back out? What's the protocol on that?

Pen isn't put to paper so yes, he can legitimately back out. Hell, the Cavs backed out of an agreed upon draft night trade with Charlotte today.

The question is, if Bosh (and to a lesser extent Wade) leave, does Miami even want him at that point? Wouldn't you just go full rebuild and renounce the McRoberts/Granger signings?

Pen isn't put to paper so yes, he can legitimately back out. Hell, the Cavs backed out of an agreed upon draft night trade with Charlotte today.

The question is, if Bosh (and to a lesser extent Wade) leave, does Miami even want him at that point? Wouldn't you just go full rebuild and renounce the McRoberts/Granger signings?

I mean, yeah, if I'm the Heat, I probably want a do-over on everything. If it's a mutual interest in not honoring the agreement, that would be obviously acceptable.

Didn't Boozer do that to the Cavs? Verbal is not the same as an actual signature.

Boozer never had a reported oral agreement, that was all underhanded dealings that were probably in violation of the CBA anyway. Different scenario.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

At some point they are going to have sign guys just to actually have a roster. It's just Shabazz and Cole at this point?

jwhit28

You thought Chalmers was bad before? Let's watch him when he's no longer wide open because of Lebron.

I feel bad for Napier. He went from thinking he would play with Kemba again on an up and coming playoff team, to thinking he would be the PG for an Eastern Conference Finals favorite, to struggling in Summer League for a team that is falling apart.

Am I the only one who thinks trading good young talent for Kevin Love doesn't make sense.

I'd hold onto Waiters and especially Wiggins. Could give a rip about Bennett... thought he was a terrible pick in a terrible draft to begin with.. but Wiggins has serious serious upside... and I like Waiters.. especially if you can use him like a 6th man like he was in college.

Why not build around the Bron/Iriving Big 2 instead of trying the stupid ass big 3 shit again and finding yourself in salary cap hell for the next 4 years ala the Heat?

Because you better think Love/Irving/Lebron is good enough... because you aren't getting shit but MLE's from here on out... at least with Waiters/Wiggins and hell even Bennett you have inexpensive guys who can grow or become assets later once you see how things are playing out.

I like Love... but I don't like any of those trades.

Because LeBron is 29 and you need sure things, not lottery tickets, when you are trying to contend in a 2-3 year window. NBA history is littered with teams who thought they has bright futures because they stockpiled a ton of young talent only to amount to nothing because those guys don't always developed the way you hope they do. Kevin love is 25. He's already one of the best 5 players in the league. You take him over 2 or 3 prospects any day of the week.

I think it's funny to talk about the Heat blueprint ending up in "salary cap hell" as if going to four straight finals and winning 2 titles wouldn't be worth a few seasons of salary cap hell for every team in the league.

AcridMeat

Banned
Man the Bobcats back to the Hornets is already fucking with my head. I thought Hayward was signing with the Pelicans not the Bobcats. That deal makes way more sense now and I'm happy they picked him up. Hornets will be fun to watch this year.

jwhit28

Man the Bobcats back to the Hornets is already fucking with my head. I thought Hayward was signing with the Pelicans not the Bobcats. That deal makes way more sense now and I'm happy they picked him up. Hornets will be fun to watch this year.

I just hope the Jazz were bluffing because Plan B seems to be Lance Stephenson and I don't know how to feel about that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Bosh really must not like his hometown.

also, Wade back
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 45s

Miami is pushing to complete a deal to keep Dwyane Wade now, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Cloudy

Banned
http://deadspin.com/lebron-james-te...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

If you cast aside all the "I'm coming home" shit, what you have is a story of the NBA's best player ditching a loyal group of aging teammates for a bigger salary and a franchise with better and younger talent and more maneuverability under the salary cap. From a basketball perspective, it was a cold decision—a smart call, and one that LeBron has every right to make, but one that under normal circumstances would touch the very center of Woj's g-spot, what with its overtones of greed and disloyalty. LeBron sold himself better this time, though. The optics were good. He put on a great show, the drama critics all agreed.

Everyone has a little Darren Rovell in him, it turns out. There is something truly gross about sportswriters marveling over LeBron's improvement in self-branding, which is completely divorced from his significance as a historically great basketball player and probably divorced from his everyday personality. (In this essay, as elsewhere, LeBron comes across as a prop in his own life). When people praise LeBron for this letter, what they're basically saying is, "Oh, he's worked us over MUCH better this time."

That's how easy it is to change a narrative. Stay off the television, pose for a tasteful photograph, write a letter, and play to the fancy of a few influential people who like the idea of the Midwest a whole lot more than they like the reality of it, and you go from selfish to TEBOW in no time. LeBron James wasn't aware of this game four years ago. He sure as hell is now.

This dude gets it

Tom Penny

There are actually people that believe if Cleveland didn't have talent and good chance at Love or Miami 3 peated...he'd still go to Cleveland.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Free agent forward Jordan Hill has agreed to a two-year, $18M deal to return to the Los Angeles Lakers, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Yahoo.

$9m per?

Retweeted by Rick Bonnell
Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 11m
Seth Curry joins the Summer #Suns in Vegas after averaging 9.8 ppg in 24 mpg with 44 FG% & 42 3-PT % in five Orlando league games for Magic.

Hope Seth catches on somewhere.
Charlotte

Cloudy

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Free agent forward Jordan Hill has agreed to a two-year, $18M deal to return to the Los Angeles Lakers, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Yahoo.

$9m per?

Pretty much overpaying for 2 so he can come off the books earlier. He could get 3 or 4 for that same amount from other teams

Top Bottom