• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Bowser

Ehhhh... this deal, man. I still don't know how I feel.

Yeah, we get a pick, and it'll make the Lakers organization some good marketing money for a year. But we also help out Houston to get better. ugh

If the Lakers weren't doing the deal, someone else was. Might as well get something out of it.

Cloudy

Banned
Winners and Losers of the Decision II

Winners:

LeBron - Makes a hugely opportunistic move that's overshadowed by the feel-good story of going home. Proved he is bigger than the NBA

Cavs and their Fans - They are relevant again

Dan Gilbert - His net worth has jumped considerably and all the bitterness of 2010 is gone

Kyrie Irving - He finally gets to show is talent on National TV

Bosh - Gets his max money and goes to a team that will actually let him touch the ball inside the 3pt line

Losers:

Wade - Totally handed the keys over to LeBron (along with his star power) only to get dumped as soon as he wasn't useful anymore

Riley - Exposed as just another GM with Bron leaving after all the success they had

Wiggins - Probably going to Minnesota

ESPN - After all the LeBron worship, he gives the scoop to SI. That must burn lol

Melo - His FA gets dominated by Bron's and he enabled it by being such a beta bitch instead of making his own decision separately

Add more if you can

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5s
Rockets, Bosh working out financial parameters built around roster of players that are coming and going now, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 7s
Chicago, Charlotte pursuing deals with free agent guard Kirk Hinrich, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

otapnam

Rockets, Bosh working out financial parameters built around roster of players that are coming and going now, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Chicago, Charlotte pursuing deals with free agent guard Kirk Hinrich, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

hinrich did a decent job on his return to chicago. that 3OT game did him in though

Fjordson

Winners and Losers of the Decision II

Winners:

LeBron - Makes a hugely opportunistic move that's overshadowed by the feel-good story of going home. Proved he is bigger than the NBA

Cavs and their Fans - They are relevant again

Dan Gilbert - His net worth has jumped considerably and all the bitterness of 2010 is gone

Kyrie Irving - He finally gets to show is talent on National TV

Bosh - Gets his max money and goes to a team that will actually let him touch the ball inside the 3pt line

Losers:

Wade - Totally handed the keys over to LeBron (along with his star power) only to get dumped as soon as he wasn't useful anymore

Riley - Exposed as just another GM with Bron leaving after all the success they had

Wiggins - Probably going to Minnesota

ESPN - After all the LeBron worship, he gives the scoop to SI. That must burn lol

Melo - His FA gets dominated by Bron's and he enabled it by being such a beta bitch instead of making his own decision separately

Add more if you can
I would argue Golden State in the losers group. Whatever shot they had at Love is probably gone now. Cleveland looks aggressive already in going after Love while Golden State continues to sit around and do nothing.

Please god, no. Please god, no.
lep.gif

jwhit28

Chicago, Charlotte pursuing deals with free agent guard Kirk Hinrich, league sources tell Yahoo Sports

Hinrich would would be such a big help on the 2nd team with Vonleh and Hairston.

Fjordson

Darren Wolfson ✔ @DarrenWolfson
Follow
Still no Klay on table from GSW. Word is they'd be willing to do Lee, Barnes, Green, future 1st. Flip can leverage GSW/Cavs now. #twolves

Ehhhh. Green too? That's rough. Though if I'm Flip Saunders I take a deal from Cleveland the second they toss in Wiggins.

AcridMeat

Banned
If they give up Green I'm fucking done with this franchise. Guy was arguably the 2nd best player on the team last year. Arguably first in the playoffs.

Fjordson

I don't think it will happen. Think Cavs will end up dealing Wiggins.

What worries me is people talking about Love really liking the idea of playing with Lebron in Cleveland. Even if Golden State does trade for him, what's to stop him from not resigning and then going to Cleveland next summer? We'll lose a bunch of assets for nothing. Part of me wonders if we should just walk away from this completely now.

If they give up Green I'm fucking done with this franchise. Guy was arguably the 2nd best player on the team last year. Arguably first in the playoffs.

Same...I'd rather they give up Klay than Green+ Barnes(I'm not hot on Barnes but Green has been nothing but clutch and game changing on the defensive end since day 1).

jwhit28

So what other expiring contracts can LA go after to at least give them a shot at the playoffs next year while keeping clear cap space for Kevin Love and... is 2015's free agent class just Kevin Love?

rvy

Banned
China's two favorite players on one team. Lakers are going to make bank overseas. That and Kobe is so going to destroy Lin's confidence or whatever's left of it..

We're gonna trade Lin for a retired Yao? I'm sure a retired Yao could probably make more of an impact.
I do look forward to seeing Kobe get on Lin though.

Bowser

So what other expiring contracts can LA go after to at least give them a shot at the playoffs next year while keeping clear cap space for Kevin Love and... is 2015's free agent class just Kevin Love?

LaMarcus Aldridge, but all signs point to him going back to Portland

We're gonna trade Lin for a retired Yao? I'm sure a retired Yao could probably make more of an impact.
I do look forward to seeing Kobe get on Lin though.

Active players duh...though I've read articles that even when Yao was in the league, there were times when Kobe was more popular.

I know right? hahaha...Mamba's going to eviscerate Lin everytime he turns the ball over..

zychi

Banned
Could lin trade be a setup for three way between nyk/chi/lal?

Lin to nyk, boozers contract to lal, sign and trade for melo to bulls?

If the Bulls can somehow pull off Wade and Gasol, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Melo doesn't come
Even with Wade's knees.

Fuck Wade. He didn't just reject the Bulls in 2010, he tried to make them look bad by questioning their "loyalty". Let him flop himself until retirement while staying with Riley and his greasy fucking head.

Bowser

Fuck Wade. He didn't just reject the Bulls in 2010, he tried to make them look bad by questioning their "loyalty". Let him flop himself until retirement while staying with Riley and his greasy fucking head.

lol you can't hold grudges. Wade as 3rd banana to Rose and Noah makes the Bulls legit contenders in the East. Plus seeing Bulls/Cavs games would be awesome.

Yeah, Wade was probably my favorite player in the NBA and he pretty much fucked with the Bulls in 2010.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Am I the only one who thinks trading good young talent for Kevin Love doesn't make sense.

I'd hold onto Waiters and especially Wiggins. Could give a rip about Bennett... thought he was a terrible pick in a terrible draft to begin with.. but Wiggins has serious serious upside... and I like Waiters.. especially if you can use him like a 6th man like he was in college.

Why not build around the Bron/Iriving Big 2 instead of trying the stupid ass big 3 shit again and finding yourself in salary cap hell for the next 4 years ala the Heat?

Because you better think Love/Irving/Lebron is good enough... because you aren't getting shit but MLE's from here on out... at least with Waiters/Wiggins and hell even Bennett you have inexpensive guys who can grow or become assets later once you see how things are playing out.

I like Love... but I don't like any of those trades.

rvy

Banned
lol you can't hold grudges. Wade as 3rd banana to Rose and Noah makes the Bulls legit contenders in the East. Plus seeing Bulls/Cavs games would be awesome.

Rose will either injure himself again or not be nowhere near the level he was.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Am I the only one who thinks trading good young talent for Kevin Love doesn't make sense.

I'd hold onto Waiters and especially Wiggins. Could give a rip about Bennett... thought he was a terrible pick in a terrible draft to begin with.. but Wiggins has serious serious upside... and I like Waiters.. especially if you can use him like a 6th man like he was in college.

Why not build around the Bron/Iriving Big 2 instead of trying the stupid ass big 3 shit again and finding yourself in salary cap hell for the next 4 years ala the Heat?

Because you better think Love/Irving/Lebron is good enough... because you aren't getting shit but MLE's from here on out... at least with Waiters/Wiggins and hell even Bennett you have inexpensive guys who can grow or become assets later once you see how things are playing out.

I like Love... but I don't like any of those trades.

Er this is a great idea and all but Kevin Love is Kevin Love.

zychi

Banned
Er this is a great idea and all but Kevin Love is Kevin Love.
Yup, the no defense playing, never been to the playoffs, kevin love. Great fit with the no defense playing, turnover machine kyrie.

Poor poor lebron. He let his homesickness win over the smart thing to do.

Bowser

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m
Miami has offered Bosh the full five-year max deal to stay, per sources. Bosh hasn't decided between that & Houston's four-year max offer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yup, the no defense playing, never been to the playoffs, kevin love. Great fit with the no defense playing, turnover machine kyrie.

Poor poor lebron. He let his homesickness win over the smart thing to do.

He plays in the Western conference. There are just a handful of players in the league who could carry those sad bums Love has been playing with to the playoffs in that conference. You are out of your mind if you don't think Love is one of the best players in the league.

Bowser

He plays in the Western conference. There are just a handful of players in the league who could carry those sad bums Love has been playing with to the playoffs in that conference. You are out of your mind if you don't think Love is one of the best players in the league.

Basically this. There's a reason Love's dying to get out of Minny.

If I'm Dan Gilbert, I'm driving Wiggins to the airport myself if that's what it takes to get Love.

jwhit28

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m
Miami has offered Bosh the full five-year max deal to stay, per sources. Bosh hasn't decided between that & Houston's four-year max offer.

That seems very irrational. Is Bosh really going to be worth a max contract from age 30 to 35? Come on Pat, you are better than that. There has to be a backup plan better than that.

Bowser

That seems very irrational. Is Bosh really going to be worth a max contract from age 30 to 35? Come on Pat, you are better than that. There has to be a backup plan better than that.

I think Bosh is worth it. He's still in his prime, and he hasn't got a lot of mileage on him in terms of banging in the post. He's got a finesse stretch game that I think will age well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

What other choice do they have? They have to spend money this year and when you look at the FA classes down the road I don't think Bosh at the max is that bad of an idea.

I wonder if he thinks about it at all though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Um, the east sucks so bad that the Bulls have been legit contenders the last two years with ONLY Noah.

Top Bottom